Help with the most annoying fleet meta so far

I'm having a real hard time with the following fleets

0mawjkqkkz9c.jpg

They have r9 pietts and r7-r8 pilots.

I have r8 piett, r5 on all the BH ships, and r5 on ebon hawk pilots.

What happens 7/10 is the following turn of events:
1. Their executor goes, focusing down my razor crest, typically landing mark and getting 4-5 hits in, and triggering RCs savior
2. My HT goes, I use my special to taunt and put breech on their IG-2000
3. My executor goes, I mass assist on their IG-2000, killing it
4. Their RC and XB go and focus down and destroy my razor crest
5. I use my basics on their surviving XB
5. Their first reinforcement is HT, who taunts
6. I reinforce with ebon hawk and use basics to feed TM

At this point, the battle is pure RNG, if I land enough target locks to trigger the contract, I typically win. We each use our heals next, I use mine on XB they use theirs on HT.

If I don't get the target lock contract off before their 2nd reinforcement, Ebon hawk comes in and puts up chaff and dispels my taunt and usually makes me lose XB and/or EH.

In case you were wondering if I heal the RC or focus down RC first, this is what usually happens. They get the target lock contract off before I can get my 1st reinforcement.

5hrvd34e4jc9.jpg

If you have any advice please help, I just want to climb. My shard has over 50 executors and I'm tired of losing to this RNG fleet.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7326 posts Moderator
    edited January 2022
    Options
    If they mass assist your RC, then open with the cleanse/heal on RC instead of mass assist. I would also put the breach on their RC and focus it down as soon as possible. If their RC cobtinues to target yours, it may still be a loss. But if they target HT and call the wrong assists, you still have a chance. Call in Ebon Hawk as your first reinforcement to delay their perma debuffs so you get ultimate first.

If they use their opening mass assist on your HT, then you can also open with mass assist. But still try and focus down their RC first.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    If they mass assist your RC, then open with the cleanse/heal on RC instead of mass assist. I would also put the breach on their RC and focus it down as soon as possible. If their RC cobtinues to target yours, it may still be a loss. But if they target HT and call the wrong assists, you still have a chance. Call in Ebon Hawk as your first reinforcement to delay their perma debuffs so you get ultimate first.

If they use their opening mass assist on your HT, then you can also open with mass assist. But still try and focus down their RC first.

I included an image showing exactly what happens when I do that in my post. They get the target lock contract off because I don't take out IG-2000 in time.
  • Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »

I included an image showing exactly what happens when I do that in my post. They get the target lock contract off because I don't take out IG-2000 in time.

A video with this scenario would be helpful if it’s an option.
  • crzydroid
    7326 posts Moderator
    Options
    Do you have 6-dot mods on your pilots?

The other option if you're having that much trouble against that lineup, you could always switch to the Mal+TIE comp.
  • Options
    Lol. Thats a crap Executor lineup you're facing. It can even be defeated by good old Rebels.

Sure, if I had relic bistan and ackbar, but I don't.
  • Options
    Do you have 6-dot mods on your pilots?

The other option if you're having that much trouble against that lineup, you could always switch to the Mal+TIE comp.

I don't have all 6 dots on cad, only about 4. But yes I have 6 dots on pretty much anyone else that makes it to the battle including bando and bossk.

And I haven't tried to use mal against this particular comp yet, but that counter gets so screwy if they target down anything but your TFP.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »

A video with this scenario would be helpful if it’s an option.

I'll record my climb later today.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Why not breach on RC?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

Gifafi wrote: »
    Why not breach on RC?

So if you breech RC, then direct focus it with executor, it won't die, and then since their bando is r8, they will go and use their special and take out my razor crest and call ig-2000 to assist who has a garunteed double tap against breeched enemies and then XB goes and can call ig-2000 to assist and get more double taps in and all the double taps get the target lock contract off.
  • Options
    I usually go for XB first when I fight 7* Executor with my 6*
  • Options
    Xaereth has a really good executor mirror match video on YouTube. Also you need to get their RC first not IG2000.
  • Options
    I tend to find more success when focusing their XB down first ASAP.
  • Options
    I bring in malevo hyena tfp and vulture, ri spy, ebon, sf, soldier. G12 geos except tfp. 9/10 is a win