Serious flaws in the Territory War and PVP matchings

This needs to be said, and, I gather, frequently. The changes made to the matchup algorythmn is a total failure, not only because it matches poorly, but because it has an encoded weakness which is being exploited by some to the detriment of all. I do not expect to win every match, but for the last few months, every opponent, very nearly, has been crowded by matches leaving me no chance at all. It is done quite simply. Some players with more money than sense have crowded the top of their inventory with Galactic Legends and high Relic characters that have to have been bought, not earned. But to ensure they are paired with opponents that cannot challenge them, they crowd the bottom of their inventory with barely-developed characters. Despite their heavy hitter inventory, then, they have artificially low GP registers which keep them ranked against opponents which provide no challenge. The highest level characters are powerful enough that only two or three of these high rollers can dominate the boards with little effort and no challenge.

You need to alter the rankings either to count only those toons at Gear 12 and up, ignoring undeveloped characters or to slot anyone with 40+ Relic level characters into a different realm altogether. I for one have no problem with a slow development curve, but one of the reason I lik(ed) this game was that strategy and synergies could level the field a bit between power alone. Fighting people with ten times the number of Relic players is not a challenge; it is like being put in a cage match with a Bengal tiger and given a pen knife for a weapon. It is not a fight, just an execution. It is also boring and frustrating. Eventually it will drive away players.

Replies

• Options
    You are aware of the skill based match-making? That GP has no bearing on which opponents you have (or eventually, anyway)?
  • crzydroid
    7315 posts Moderator
    Options
    What you are describing is basically the old way of matchmaking, where it only counted the gp of the top characters. Now it doesn't consider gp at all. Only the initial placement did.
  • Options
    I was not aware of that; only that whatever metric being used seems to ignore firepower completely, resulting in grossly mismatched contests. Perhaps “skill level” is a measure of the amount of money paid by a player. Whatever its construction contains, it is poorly designed and ludicrously ineffective.
  • Options
    MacsenAL wrote: »
    I was not aware of that; only that whatever metric being used seems to ignore firepower completely, resulting in grossly mismatched contests. Perhaps “skill level” is a measure of the amount of money paid by a player. Whatever its construction contains, it is poorly designed and ludicrously ineffective.
    This post is poorly designed and ludicrously ineffective. Skill level has nothing to do with money spent, and it is award-winning laziness to suggest that it does.

Skill level increases when you win and decreases when you lose. So far, virtually every individual playing this game has faced opponents with the same skill level as them. Good players will win more than they lose, so their skill level will rise. Eventually they’ll meet players who had a higher initial skill rating but aren’t as good at the game.