I’ve rode bigger

TLDR: Star Wars animals would be nice in game

Ok. Spring is nearly here so here’s a suggestion in the spirit of all the nest building and gambolling lambs - Galaxy pets. I’m sure it’s been mooted before but SW has always been about the fantastic beasts and a lot of toons have strong associations with animals. This was probably emphasised most strongly in Rebels but also a recurring theme elsewhere. Think of Boba on his big dinosaur; Ashoka and her little owl bird; Embo and his dog; Luke and his tauntaun etc etc. Giving characters an associated animal sidekick could be a good way to boost stats and character abilities without just adding endless relic creep.

Some animals could be mounts (Eg NS initiate on a Rancor or BSJ on a Bantha) and boost speed and damage; some could be trackers/hunters (eg Embo or Tuskens & their dogs) and boost critical chance and accuracy; some could be familiars (eg Ezra & Loth cat or Ahsoka and owl) and boost protection or potency etc - maybe even have a couple of premium animals that take some grinding to get that really transform a toon - think Boba Fett on his Dino again or GK on his varactyl (frilly lizard thing).

You could even have a bit of fun and make them summonable but to be honest probably not worth the dev time. A nice 2d graphic and a fun grind for some status growth would be fine if it brought some humour and cool animals into the game.

Anyhow - that’s my suggestion. Feel free to savage it like a pack of wamp rats.

Replies

• Eutus
    232 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I'm not gonna savage your idea. I don't agree and it's not something I'd be into, but its unnecessary to be a **** about it.

It's cool to see people still have passion and enthusiasm for this game, seems like that's actively discouraged.

I would like to see more animal fights like the rancor raid and the Ackley fight. Thatd be cool.

• Iy4oy4s
    2939 posts Member
    Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    TLDR: Star Wars animals would be nice in game

Ok. Spring is nearly here so here’s a suggestion in the spirit of all the nest building and gambolling lambs - Galaxy pets. I’m sure it’s been mooted before but SW has always been about the fantastic beasts and a lot of toons have strong associations with animals. This was probably emphasised most strongly in Rebels but also a recurring theme elsewhere. Think of Boba on his big dinosaur; Ashoka and her little owl bird; Embo and his dog; Luke and his tauntaun etc etc. Giving characters an associated animal sidekick could be a good way to boost stats and character abilities without just adding endless relic creep.

Some animals could be mounts (Eg NS initiate on a Rancor or BSJ on a Bantha) and boost speed and damage; some could be trackers/hunters (eg Embo or Tuskens & their dogs) and boost critical chance and accuracy; some could be familiars (eg Ezra & Loth cat or Ahsoka and owl) and boost protection or potency etc - maybe even have a couple of premium animals that take some grinding to get that really transform a toon - think Boba Fett on his Dino again or GK on his varactyl (frilly lizard thing).

You could even have a bit of fun and make them summonable but to be honest probably not worth the dev time. A nice 2d graphic and a fun grind for some status growth would be fine if it brought some humour and cool animals into the game.

Anyhow - that’s my suggestion. Feel free to savage it like a pack of wamp rats.

Wampa wonders why he's not good enough for you anymore.
  • Options
    Because he never really got house trained.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Before we get to the fancier stuff you suggest, they could start with giving us more of the roughly human-sized beasts along with their own tag. There is quite a few that could fit - gundarks, krykna spiders, a whole bunch of Fallen Order enemies, those wolves from Rebels... And also a leader, maybe Rancor handler (Malakili or Danny Trejo) for DS and Ezra for LS.
    And if they want a turn towards the funny side, we could get neebrays and purrgils as ships with a space slug or summa-verminoth as a capital.
  • Options
    Give me a Krayt dragon raid while riding a Bantha and I am down with this idea.