GC "at least" 3 resistance ships

Prev1
The GC challenge "at least" fielding 3 Resistance ships would probably make more sense if there were more than 3 resistance ships.
I know we've had GCs in the past where you're expected to have the entire faction (for example, when you need a full team of Jawas) but it just feels different with ships.
Maybe this is just my way of asking for more ships (again)?

Replies

• Options
    IMHO this was an awful feat since it was basically just "Have a meta Exec fleet, start HT and 2 resistance ships, reinforce with a resistance ship, and then hit auto." The resistance ships added literally nothing to the battle, they just checked the box. No puzzle, no challenge, just "have the meta" and "prove you bothered unlocking the entirety of this tiny faction."
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Zumwan wrote: »
    The GC challenge "at least" fielding 3 Resistance ships would probably make more sense if there were more than 3 resistance ships.
    I know we've had GCs in the past where you're expected to have the entire faction (for example, when you need a full team of Jawas) but it just feels different with ships.

It doesn't say "at least" 3, just says "use 3." Though neither would be much different than how you can use any 4 BH ships to get Millenium Falcon at launch.

Also, Doja confirmed we're getting enough ships to max star LS Geo this year.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Interesting, that's great (and news to me)
  • Options
    You dont need to call in the reinf, bc this is CG's design. Hope this helps.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    I just threw my Grievous fleet in with three resistance reinforcements. I never called them and it still counts for the feat.
  • Options
    IMHO this was an awful feat since it was basically just "Have a meta Exec fleet, start HT and 2 resistance ships, reinforce with a resistance ship, and then hit auto." The resistance ships added literally nothing to the battle, they just checked the box. No puzzle, no challenge, just "have the meta" and "prove you bothered unlocking the entirety of this tiny faction."

You can start with exec, 3 BH, 1 BH reinforcement and 3 resistance as the other reinforcements. You get the feat without even calling them. It's nice to have an easy challenge every now and then.
  • Options

Pretty sure Raddus counts too? So there are 4 ships? Totally agree on wanting more ships though
  • Mohrg
    201 posts Member
    Options
    it should say use all 3 resistance ships....

Negotiator, HT, Anakin and Umbaran, 3 resistance reinforcements that never deploy, and done.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Mohrg wrote: »
    it should say use all 3 resistance ships....

Negotiator, HT, Anakin and Umbaran, 3 resistance reinforcements that never deploy, and done.

But then if they add more Resistance ships later it will be wrong. And also there are 4 right now.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

This one was actually surprisingly doable with Holdo. I didn't expect to finish but got all the feats in one go.
  • Options
    Don't need exec, and don't need to call in the resistance. GG and seps probably the best as they are more likely to crit so you can one and done it.
  • Options

Can I see the source for this?
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    From Discord:

hi44w61htojp.png

In case you can't read that, the question: "Hi Doja, do you think 2022 will be the year that we finally have enough ship GP in game to max LS Geo TB?"
    Response: "Can't discuss upcoming content, but I would like to see some Guilds make that happen."
  • Options

You really don't need Exec at all... You can easily do it with even with the Chimaera... Throw the 3 Resistance ship in the back, you won't need to call them
  • Options
    From Discord:

hi44w61htojp.png

In case you can't read that, the question: "Hi Doja, do you think 2022 will be the year that we finally have enough ship GP in game to max LS Geo TB?"
    Response: "Can't discuss upcoming content, but I would like to see some Guilds make that happen."

Thanks for posting this here. Was this in swgoh events or a different discord?
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    From Discord:

hi44w61htojp.png

It was in the events server. #swgoh-lobby if you want to go back and find the convo.
  • Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    From Discord:

hi44w61htojp.png

It was in the events server. #swgoh-lobby if you want to go back and find the convo.

Ah...thanks again. I check the cg-visits channel occasionally but didn't see this. I'll have to look around a little more and see what else I'm missing.
  • Options
    “I would like to see that happen” isn’t a confirmation it’s going to happen…

Don’t get your hopes up, that way you can’t ever be disappointed
  • Options
    I hardly see that as confirmation.

Doja has said he’d like to see a lot of things, most of those are not in the game either.

PS - Not a knock on Doja as I’m sure he’d like to see that and many other things happen, just doesn’t mean they are going to anytime soon.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options

What? I used GG lol, same set up as always hyena, vulture, sun fac, reinforce with spy and have 3 resistance sit in reinforcment it was easy lol, and as a joke i grabbed all my BH ships and used purple hair lady and still managed to win, and my RC is 5 star lol.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    From Discord:

hi44w61htojp.png

Sounds like wishful thinking than confirmation
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    It’s verywishful to think CG would release enough ships for that to happen. Especially in just 1 year
  • Options
    From Discord:

hi44w61htojp.png

Thanks for posting that!

But it seems like wishful thinking. I think the top guilds needs something stupid like 100-200M extra GP to get it. I can't see them releasing 2-4M GP worth of just ship content in a year.
  • Options

What? I used GG lol, same set up as always hyena, vulture, sun fac, reinforce with spy and have 3 resistance sit in reinforcment it was easy lol, and as a joke i grabbed all my BH ships and used purple hair lady and still managed to win, and my RC is 5 star lol.

That's exactly the same thing I did, except for having a go with the purple lady because I don't have the raddus
  • Options

That's exactly the same thing I did, except for having a go with the purple lady because I don't have the raddus

It was so easy, i was biting my nails thinking it was gonna be characters but nope it was ships and got my red box 😀
  • Iy4oy4s
    2938 posts Member
    Options
    From Discord:

hi44w61htojp.png

What he likes vs what is confirmed coming are two widely different things, my friend. There is no confirmation here at all. I say it wont happen...and if it does, it will be on Dec 31, 2022.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

It was so easy, i was biting my nails thinking it was gonna be characters but nope it was ships and got my red box 😀

The artwork of the GC shows u if it’s a character or ship battle.

Planet = character
    Asteroids = ship

• Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

The artwork of the GC shows u if it’s a character or ship battle.

Planet = character
    Asteroids = ship

Ooooooooh nice i didnt know thank you
  • Options
    It was easy with Raddus. Hound's Tooth, Rey's Falcon, and Resistance X-Wing to start, brought in Xanadu Blood to keep Breach active, then brought in Poe's X-Wing for the buckets of damage he does. Holdo's ultimate fires quickly--I don't even remember what the enemy flagship is, it goes off so fast. Save Falcon's flippy-deal for when Resistance X-Wing's dispel is available--Flippy-deal, dispel enemy Hound's Tooth's taunt and any protection ups, use Falcon's AoE, kablooie.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.