Rating System

Thorvald85
100 posts Member
edited April 2022
I am really tired of the rating system. I have a GP under 4 mil but I have been constantly placed against others with GPs over 4.5 with a crap ton of relics when I don’t. I have won maybe 2 out of my last 20 matches because I haven’t been matched fairly. Now this new matchup, I was demoted from Chromium 4 to 5 and was placed against everyone with GPs over 5mil. I haven’t been able to get good rewards in forever and it isn’t fair.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    Sorry, that wasn’t a cuss word there.
  • Options
    Stop looking at GP.
  • Wed_Santa
    972 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I keep getting matched against opponents with better cars than mine (2014 Citroen C4 diesel - it’s a proper heap of junk). CG what are you going to do about it ?
  • Options
    GP matches the fact that they have a ton of relics. Someone under 4 isn’t going to beat someone over 5.
  • Options
    Thorvald85 wrote: »
    GP matches the fact that they have a ton of relics. Someone under 4 isn’t going to beat someone over 5.

That’s not really true, it happens all the time.

My last bracket I was low man with under 6 mil gp and my bracket went up to 7.3 mil and I went 3-0. This bracket is “worse” for me in that my opponents are up to 7.7 mil and 4 GL’s to my 2. With my roster in kyber 2, I have to place a couple G8/9 teams just to fill 11 defensive slots and still have offence left over. It’s not easy but it’s a much better experience for me seeing how high I can climb with my roster before I hit that inevitable ceiling that everyone is going to hit.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    Yea it is true, those guys over 5 mil have over 30 relics where I only have enough for 1 good squad. And a few scattered that I am working on. If it were true I would be winning and not losing. I have been playing this game long enough to know how to win and set defenses and play offense.
  • Options
    Thorvald85 wrote: »
    Yea it is true, those guys over 5 mil have over 30 relics where I only have enough for 1 good squad. And a few scattered that I am working on. If it were true I would be winning and not losing. I have been playing this game long enough to know how to win and set defenses and play offense.

There are lots of people with under 4 mil GP that have managed their rosters much better than many people at 5 mil. So perhaps it is true in your case, but making a generalized statement like no one under 4 can beat someone over 5 is just wrong.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    I’m at 2 mil GP and my opponents in my Grand Arena bracket right now are at 4 mil GP and higher. One guy was at 4 mil GP and his roster consisted of 5 teams at least of relic and gear 12 characters. I only have enough to make 2 teams relic with a few scattered gear 12. My second guy had a GP of 4.7 mil and he had a lot more relics and gear 12. Then my last guy I had to go against had a GP of 6 mil. He also had Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, and about 10 characters at relic 7 and 8. My highest relic character is relic 6 but I only have two of them. I don’t even have a full relic team yet and there isn’t a chance I can compete with this. It’s just unfair.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I’m at 2 mil GP and my opponents in my Grand Arena bracket right now are at 4 mil GP and higher. One guy was at 4 mil GP and his roster consisted of 5 teams at least of relic and gear 12 characters. I only have enough to make 2 teams relic with a few scattered gear 12. My second guy had a GP of 4.7 mil and he had a lot more relics and gear 12. Then my last guy I had to go against had a GP of 6 mil. He also had Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, and about 10 characters at relic 7 and 8. My highest relic character is relic 6 but I only have two of them. I don’t even have a full relic team yet and there isn’t a chance I can compete with this. It’s just unfair.

Apparently you performed better than your opponent so far, so why would it be unfair?