Do you leave a Defense Team?

Timitock
2844 posts Member
Qui Gon Jin rocks as a Leader on offense in Arena, for an All-Jedi team.
On defense, I have seen the AI make some bad choices with him
I attack with him on all but my last battle.
For the last fight, I put Lumi as my leader, assuming that her Evade is stronger on defense.

This got me wondering how many others do something similar...

If lots of people do this, and the teams are significantly different, we may only be seeing half of the meta.

Replies

• Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Qui Gon Jin rocks as a Leader on offense in Arena, for an All-Jedi team.
    On defense, I have seen the AI make some bad choices with him
    I attack with him on all but my last battle.
    For the last fight, I put Lumi as my leader, assuming that her Evade is stronger on defense.

This got me wondering how many others do something similar...

If lots of people do this, and the teams are significantly different, we may only be seeing half of the meta.

If you have Dooku, he'd be a better leader.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    At the moment a defense team, is just a waste of the last fight, at the top on my leaderboard anyway
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    At the moment a defense team, is just a waste of the last fight, at the top on my leaderboard anyway

waste of last fight ? why is that ? you can build a defense team strong enough to win everyone, and yet not be beaten easily.
    my defensive team is finishing #1, and in the next 23 hours drop to 13-17. what assures me to regain the #1 spot in the last hour to prize time without spending on refresh. this is happening regularly for 2 weeks.

OP: for your question - my offense team: Phasma, Kylo, Fotp, Rey, RG. assist based damage team. in defense they are very bad (dropping 30 in 10 hours, while my defensive drop half, in twice the time!), so i swap to QGJ (L), Rey,Fotp,RG, Poe in last battle. putting in 2 tank taunters, so their QGJ humbling isnt enough, which leaves Rey+Fotp pretty much free to destroy. QGJ assist and humbling blow their sole taunter (cause who's noob enough to use 2, like me xD ) I dotn believe in healers, but i do believe in evasion, and if you have dooku, you should use him.
  • noizer
    86 posts Member
    Options
    It's all about timezone payload, if you are in a TZ with no competition you perhaps have the feeling that your defense is working but no one can tell. Perhaps no one is sniping you. On my shard I can tell that any one in top 10 can beat each other with any team
  • Options
    noizer wrote: »
    It's all about timezone payload, if you are in a TZ with no competition you perhaps have the feeling that your defense is working but no one can tell. Perhaps no one is sniping you. On my shard I can tell that any one in top 10 can beat each other with any team

@noizer funny you said, yesterday with 8 minutes to paytime, the #1 did a fake battle so i won't snipe him. i was #3.
    so i wait.. wait... and when i try engage in 4 mins, (while #1 was still on fight i guess) i just saw that some1 engaged me (different messages, it was NOT the #1 engaging me). guess he was 6/7... he failed to beat me, since i stayed #3, and then i could engage the #1 with bit more than minute. luckily i was able to, and won the #1. this is not the first time and not the 10th time i see "someone already engaged you" message and in end of it i stay at same place. and you can imagine how many times when i not trying to engage, this happens - not only in sniping time. my defense is 100% working, and i can tell it, lot of times ppl try snipe me, yesterday is just example. not every1 in top 10 can beat every1 - i CAN'T beat all, not everyone can beat me. do not dismiss defense only because you dont have a use for it. My FO team that go from #1 to rank 34 when i wake up at 09:00 is totally different then my defense team that drop from #1 to 13-17# at 17:00 !!!!
    30 spots in 15 hours compared to 15 spots in 23 hours. how can you degrade how crucial is defense.

i have few people in top 10 that playing the sniping game at my timezone, my defense is very important. i dont use refreshes, i dont drop much - and your post suggesting that im in "easy server" or "easy hours" or just "a feeling" for me is stupld.