Stark killer f2p friendly?

Not gonna lie im really impressed and grateful that the star killer requirements are all going to cantina despite some people being unhappy. Hopefully they continue it with Mara. Yeah you gotta stop fsrming relics but this all comes down to your priorities in this game. I'd rather pause relic farming for a month or so than grind 4 different hard nodes for God knows how long. My gear for crafting relic pieces can use some time to build up more any way

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Well it’s like you said, farming relic data, or farming the stars for the characters. Problem is if you focus on one and not the other, then your new 7* toons won’t have any relic signal data to upgrade to the proper relic levels for Starkiller.

I’m personally farming one at a time,(starting with Kyle Karan, then Mara Jade, then Dash, then Talon),up to 8-10 pulls a day and still putting the majority of my efforts to relics. I’ll get starkiller when I get him.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Well it’s like you said, farming relic data, or farming the stars for the characters. Problem is if you focus on one and not the other, then your new 7* toons won’t have any relic signal data to upgrade to the proper relic levels for Starkiller.

I’m personally farming one at a time,(starting with Kyle Karan, then Mara Jade, then Dash, then Talon),up to 8-10 pulls a day and still putting the majority of my efforts to relics. I’ll get starkiller when I get him.

Yeah but you also dont have to wait 4 months to farm the character f2p from hard nodes, you cant have your cake and eat it too. Even tho this slwos down my relic farm i do not care one bit and quite excited, i hope mara follows them into cantina as well
  • Options

It's not a ton but you'll still get some relic materials from stuff like assault battles and light side geo tb coming up. Somethings better than nothing
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Pausing signal data farms for 3-4 months isn’t something I’m happy about
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

Than you dont know how to farm cantina, or you simply dont play gac and dont gain any crystals one of the two
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Like I said this comes down to what you're priorities in the game are. You can go for star killer or you can keep farming relic materials. Of your spending 3 cantina refreshes a day honestly these 3 and possibly 4 shouldn't take too long
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Than you dont know how to farm cantina, or you simply dont play gac and dont gain any crystals one of the two

Doesn’t matter what you do, you’ll still lose out on 3-4 months worth of signal data from cantina farming in terms of energy. And I only have 20K crystals so I can’t comfortably spend them on the data until I reach 26K in prep for the eventual executor 2.0 event.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Bill0207 wrote: »

Like I said this comes down to what you're priorities in the game are. You can go for star killer or you can keep farming relic materials. Of your spending 3 cantina refreshes a day honestly these 3 and possibly 4 shouldn't take too long

It’s not even just starkiller, Kyle / talon / dash / mara are all important characters.

Based on the 33% rate it still takes:
    26 days to 7* a 16 energy node character
    19-20 days to 7* a 12 energy node character

Which adds up with 3-4 characters
  • Options

Doesn’t matter what you do, it’s 3-4 months less of signal data from cantina farms in terms of energy. And I only have 20K crystals so I can’t comfortably spend them on the data until I reach 26K in prep for the eventual executor 2.0 event.

Your loss, all 4 toons are amazing and the 5th toon star killer is a GL killer with max banners in GAC.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

Doesn’t matter what you do, it’s 3-4 months less of signal data from cantina farms in terms of energy. And I only have 20K crystals so I can’t comfortably spend them on the data until I reach 26K in prep for the eventual executor 2.0 event.

Your loss, all 4 toons are amazing and the 5th toon star killer is a GL killer with max banners in GAC.
    Yeah everybody knows that... Doesn’t change the fact that CG dumping loads of characters into cantina all at once isn’t annoying for everyone who farms signal data.
  • Options
    JKA becoming a Hard-Node-Only farm is slightly irritating. Those two sharing a node would be great for a starter.
  • Options
    Also - where are people using Talon? I thought the general consensus was that she was meh, but if people are accomplishing things with the Triumvirate I’m closer to them than Dash’s team.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Also - where are people using Talon? I thought the general consensus was that she was meh, but if people are accomplishing things with the Triumvirate I’m closer to them than Dash’s team.

Talon is great both with triumvirate and DR, that extra 20 speed basically shotsdown imp trooper counter to DR
  • Options
    It is f2p friendly if you are sitting on 3 omicrons... Good luck with that :P

• Options
    Most people fine with these toons going to cantina probably have already finished farming all GLs. Can’t believe anyone who is still farming LV can possibly happy about it.
  • Options
    Antario wrote: »
    Most people fine with these toons going to cantina probably have already finished farming all GLs. Can’t believe anyone who is still farming LV can possibly happy about it.

Also anyone who isn’t (at least almost) done with Cantina farms. Sure, I might need to farm 4 more characters eventually, but that’s nothing new.

I’m close to done and then going for JMK, so it’s somewhat irritating on the timing, but also I didn’t really expect anything else. It’ll get Talon done sooner than any Hard Node would.
  • Options
    Resource management games will always pull you in different directions. Make a plan and stick to it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

I still don't have rey or lord vader unlocked. Ill probably work on rey afterwards but don't intend to even think about vader til bad batch is accelerated
  • Options

Me!
  • Options
    Bill0207 wrote: »

It's not a ton but you'll still get some relic materials from stuff like assault battles and light side geo tb coming up. Somethings better than nothing

Eh… challenge tier 2 of AB gives 5/3/3 respectively for the relic data. T3 the same and not everyone can beat those. Like Secrets and Shadows. So even if you could beat all 6 at the highest tier that’s only 60/36/36….not even enough to get one toon to R4.

Like i said, i don’t mind toons going to the cantina, but you can’t have it both ways without spending massive amounts of crystals. That’s why I’ll focus on one at a time while continuing my relic farm. What they need to do is make the signal data a bit more available.
  • Options
    This is a resource management game
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    If all 4 were on hard nodes you’ll need 3 months considering refreshing each node once a day, because you can farm them at the same time. (So about 4 months because the last character should be available 3-4 weeks after the first).
    If all 4 are on cantina nodes you need 1 month for each considering 3x100 refreshes, so 4 months because you need to finish one to start the other.

Shards on hard mode: you can farm relic data with cantina energy, great. Shards on cantina node: you can farm kyros with regular energy, great.

As long as you have enough crystals to buy 3x100 energy a day, it doesn’t really matter on the long run.
    However, if you have a young account with limited crystal revenue and can’t buy those refreshes, Starkiller City is a long drive and you’re better off going for someone else, like a GL, until the prerequisites are on accelerated farm.

• Options
    I’m farming for LV and SEE (the last two GL’s I need), but I put them on hold for 3 refresh cantina nodes a day for about a month and a half farming these new drops. considering I’m already at 66/100 Dash shards since he went FTP, it won’t take very much longer to farm Talon and KK.. probably about a month left, then I can get back to farming relic mats. I love when toons go on cantina nodes. So much better than hard nodes. But, to each their own I suppose.