Is Maul this good?

Bluemilk317
7 posts Member
edited February 2022
Idk if it’s because I’m a really bad player, a bug, or something fishy. But this GAC I went up against maul mandos and pretty much took out my best teams. gkejl9oovf7g.png
csi7ud156y05.png
7qahqqyyc3kx.png
udra25m6aqbj.png
b0l2xb73p7dy.png
9qri40p8h0oa.png
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    Bare in mind before I took screen shots they were all full teams. The one with JKA was with qui gon omnicron and when qui gon died anakin did a whopping 20k damage on his aoe.
  • Options
    I dont even know what to tell you but GAS kills maul, CLs kills maul, even troopers kill Maul, i dont even know how you managed to fail with both your JML and SLKR
  • Options
    I dont even know what to tell you but GAS kills maul, CLs kills maul, even troopers kill Maul, i dont even know how you managed to fail with both your JML and SLKR
    Well if it’s not a bug then I must be bad. I don’t understand I’ve beaten him before without a GL and now I can’t beat him let alone put a dent on him.
  • Options
    AFAIK it’s only possible to cheat on offense, not defense.
  • Options
    Well if it’s not a bug then I must be bad. I don’t understand I’ve beaten him before without a GL and now I can’t beat him let alone put a dent on him.

Its tilt my friend, it happens to all of us, best solution is to put the game down and play it again in few hours. With tilt comes not paying attention to kits, attacking wrong person, and losing a GAC you were supposed to win
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Maul has a good gaming chair
  • Bluemilk317
    7 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Does maul or someone on this team give a lot of defense? On slkr basic I couldn’t go above 20k no matter how many stacks of syphon I had. I aoed to build mastery but my damage wouldn’t go over 20k. In fact looking at the picture I see no mastery down symbol on any of this team.
  • Options
    Does maul or someone on this team give a lot of defense? On slkr basic I couldn’t go above 20k no matter how many stacks of syphon I had. I aoed to build mastery but my damage wouldn’t go over 20k. In fact looking at the picture I see no mastery down symbol on any of this team.

Maul gives whichever unit is healthiest +100% Defense and Taunt. Plus the Armorer gives +50% Defense (I think?) and at 3 stacks Crit Immunity.
  • Options
    With godlike mods, Maul can be strong.
    But you also need to either 1.) dig deeper, understand his mechanic, check speeds/turn order, plan your counter accordingly, or 2.) look up the internet and use something that works.
    You can't just throw at him stuff.

I’m pretty sure with a full team of first order and slkr without mods I should still be able to beat this team. As you can see they are at full health and protection. Not even a scratch on that team.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    But you also need to either 1.) dig deeper, understand his mechanic, check speeds/turn order, plan your counter accordingly, or 2.) look up the internet and use something that works.

I’m pretty sure with a full team of first order and slkr without mods I should still be able to beat this team. As you can see they are at full health and protection. Not even a scratch on that team.

That depends how well you use them, really. I’m not sure how many turns you got in with JML’s team, but the lack of Ultimate Charge makes me think that it’s more than RNG. Not to say you’re bad get gud, you just might want to look into the team mechanics a little more.
  • Options

This is kit knowledge failure, plain and simple.

Bo Katan’s unique (don’t know if she has zeta or not) gives each Mando ally:
    - +100% max protection
    - 8% health recovery for each out of turn attack (and 8% protection if she has the zeta)

Maul’s lead gives each Mando ally:
    - +25% max health at start of battle
    - +25% offence

Maul’s unique sees Mando allies assisting out of turn constantly, and Canderous will hit 3 times most occasions he is called to assist.

It’s no wonder they’re back at full health.

• Options

This is kit knowledge failure, plain and simple.

Bo Katan’s unique (don’t know if she has zeta or not) gives each Mando ally:
    - +100% max protection
    - 8% health recovery for each out of turn attack (and 8% protection if she has the zeta)

Maul’s lead gives each Mando ally:
    - +25% max health at start of battle
    - +25% offence

Maul’s unique sees Mando allies assisting out of turn constantly, and Canderous will hit 3 times most occasions he is called to assist.

It’s no wonder they’re back at full health.

So what's the solution?
    Daze them all? Fracture Canderous? Speed kill Bo Katan? Traya lead?

Git gud 😉

• Options
    Maul will take you by surprise if you don’t kill the entire team out of the gate. It’s always a one-sides battle, win or lose… not really a team you try to control or pick apart.

For starters, you really need to get out in front of Maul Mandos. If your Rex was slower, that team is no longer a counter. Trays gets clobbered, too much DPS, speed, AND survivabity. Jedi have a tough time working around the moving taunt.

Blast & Smash with CLS, or fast disintegrating Bounty Hunters are the safest bet.

You need to move first, keep your TM train rolling, and never look back :)