Is it worth it to start a new account?

In the current state of SWGOH, is it even worth it to try to start the game now? Or am I just to far behind the curve?

Replies

• Options
    With Hyper Bundle it’s probably still fine but using f2p approach I think it would be challenging to catch.

At least that’s my opinion.
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I’d say that it depends what your goal is. If it’s to catch the whales and be able to compete with the top players in the game after a relatively short period of time, then I’d say that it would be very tough or impossible, even with spending money on the game. If it’s to have fun and be able to enjoy the various modes in the game, I’d say it’s not too late by any means. The devs have made changes to the game to help newer players move along the curve at a faster clip than what the OG players had to do, and it’s possible more such changes could be coming.
  • Options
    I started about a year ago and really enjoying the game. Definitely worth starting now.
  • Options
    It’s just to have some fun, and it would be FTP
  • Options
    Veezle wrote: »
    It’s just to have some fun, and it would be FTP

As a New player the game is very rewarding to skill and planning and quite enjoyable IMHO. You have to not let the fact that other players who have been around 6 years are getting MUCH MUCH more resources than you will ever see. If you can get over the fact that new characters are introduced you won't be able to get for years and you will never make it to Kyber 1 in GAC its really enjoyable.

Many people let the fact they are so far behind and "its not fair" ruin the game for them. Focus on where you are in the game and its a LOT of fun.
    Grum the third swgoh.gg https://swgoh.gg/p/144884575/
    || Grum the Mighty swgoh.gg || OldBaldGuyGaming Youtube
  • Options
    i restarted last april and love my new account, completely stopped the old one. i had done dumb stuff (relic phoenix cuz i love rebels cartoon, no idea how to mod, no direction for gl) and couldnt compete in gac and couldnt contribute well in tw. made sure im all f2p so i keep it casual
    at just under 2 mil gp and closing in on slkr (4 maybe 5 months) i have a top 10 fleet most days and a top 200 arena team and can contribute better (albeit in a smaller way) to my guild than i was before which is more fun. tb is the only dramatic dropoff considering i used to kill hoth and had over 4mil gp to deploy
    discord and smart guild members helped get me right on with mods
  • Options
    My brother and I restarted four times, each time trying with a different faction (Jedi, Rogue 1, Phoenix/Empire/Jedi, Resistance/FO; Republic/Separatist/DR), and it was fun. Each time it was a new experience and allowed for new theory crafting as every faction is fun in their own way. After a break of several months, I revisited the game and finally settled on the account with DR and stopped the rest, unlocked CLS and got 7* Chewie.
    So feel free to restart any time you want, and if you finally settle on an account that you like, that's okay too.