GAC scoring bug? [MEGA]

Prev13456711
DarjeloSalas
9944 posts Member
edited February 2022
***EDIT BY MODERATION TEAM: CG is aware of the issue:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/253504/incorrect-starting-banners-in-grand-arena-championship

Just opened my GAC match to discover my opponent is on 414 banners immediately.

y1xcddgflbv5.jpeg

I’m not posting a screenshot of my rear zones, but I can 100% assure you both are fully set.
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Options
    With GAC no longer giving points for defense a player has an advantage setting less than a full defense. I feel this is not fair.
    lm3ene33av6a.png

I have made no attacks and as you can see from the screen shot the other guy is missing at least one defense team. He can earn more points than me because I set a full defense. When a round comes down to 10 points or less most of the time this is a very big advantage.
  • Options
    You'll get full banners for the missing defenses if you manage to full clear the zone. CG's intention was for missing slots to immediately grant full banners but it was bugged (big surprise there). But in the time before they fix it they've said that this is a valid strategy and players who utilize it won't be punished.

If you're confident that your opponent won't be able to get through a specific team you are also able to use that to your advantage by only placing that team down
  • Options
    FerociousPanda thank you for the post. I will test it out and post a screen shot when I am done with the zone, It would sure be nice if the zone score would reflect the higher value for beating the zone with the missing team.
  • Options
    They should give points for setting defense still they took away the points and the incentive to set a defense
  • Options
    Natgmn wrote: »
    They should give points for setting defense still they took away the points and the incentive to set a defense

The incentive was supposed to be that your opponent would be immediately granted full banners for each empty defense. They messed that up and have said they're going to look into fixing it, but in the meantime it's a perfectly valid strategy if you know your opponent isn't going to be able to get past a specific team.

Once they fix it there'll be no incentive to not set full defenses
  • Options
    4ds2att6n6oc.png
  • Options
    Ok I got 69 extra points for him missing a defense team.
  • Options
    (Once I cleared the zone)
  • crzydroid
    7382 posts Moderator
    Options
    Glad you were able to clear the zone. Like said above, that caveat is currently a bug, but as long as you can clear, it's always in the attacker's best interest if an opponent doesn't set full defense.
  • Options
    Gracelore wrote: »
    Ok I got 69 extra points for him missing a defense team.

He might not have done it on purpose. There are plenty of times when players forget to set every team. He could've even moved up since last GAC and now needs to set 11 teams and last week only needed to set 10? Lots of possibilities, but glad that it worked for you to get the points.

Though, fleet points in the ship zone are saying max of 72 points but you can get more than 72. They seem to have forgotten to update that number.
  • Options
    So in this situation I had 1GL and my opponent had 0 if I had left the 2 spots open in my GL territory I would have won this round by maybe 20-30 points as opposed to losing by 98q1lzxrgawe3z.jpeg
    cyq2pgpvwf6e.jpeg
  • Options
    h5vsc3b90sfn.jpg
    How in gods name is he already at 414 jo1y8wwo2yh6.jpg
  • Kalino
    20 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    The opponent starten with 414 points when i placed defense everywhere, that dosnt seem fair?
  • Options
    Same. We both have 414
  • Elche130
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Me and my opponent both got points before we even attacked

z6o9h1q29wnm.png
  • Options
    3 of my guild members same scenario. 2 at the disadvantage 1 with the advantage.
  • Options
    Multiple people in my alliance, including me, are showing the same.
  • Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI @CG_SBCrumb_MINI come on guys - these bugs are getting pretty tiresome
  • Options
    Yep - me too. Looking forward to my 500 free crystals please, CG. :-)
  • Options
    Same here. I despair.. CG!!! ib3r2psk0cr9.jpg
  • Options
    Same problem as OP; me at "0", opponent at "414"
  • Options
    Ditto here. All my defense is set.bixyxlterhez.jpg
  • Options
    414 each with me
  • Options
    Me to
  • Options
    Same here, 414 for my opponent and 0 for me. Nice job CG, I can forget winning now.
  • Options
    t3xn7cinuorf.png opponent miraculously has 414 points
  • Options
    Got the same problem here hope I don't get an auto loss for this bug. Really unfair if that's the case.
  • Options
    Same problem here…v62l6dxrz6kk.png
  • Options
    beh3gaywburv.jpg
This discussion has been closed.