Potential GAC matchmaking issue?

So in my accelerated 3rd round down in Bronzium, I was matched against someone who has a galactic legend.

While I suppose they could legitimately be down there if they signed up for GAC and consistently never played it, that seems kinda unlikely. And with the other GAC issues appearing I figured I should hedge my bets and report it just in case it is broken matchmaking

j6g58yqoysyr.png
j9g8kx9e6f8m.png

Replies

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Lol, is this the place for reporting ?
  • Options
    It's not bad matchmaking, they just have a GL focused roster. Usually those kind of players have other holes in their rosters that you can abuse. This time it got cancelled, but just keep that in mind for future matchups. Look for weaknesses in their rosters and make use of that. Having a GL advantage isn't an auto-win (as some people mistakenly think).
  • Options
    I key thing the OG poster missed is that his Rey has no ultimate, meaning likly was just recently unlocked
    You can check there history, and see if when they unlocked Rey... prior to unlocking Rey, all those toons needed to unlock her are no Uber impactful.

Without ultimate Rey is easier to control... perhapes the best non-gl counter is general Skywalker plus 501st. Save Rex tm move for when GS is napping, focus on rey as much as possible... use Rex annihilate move to take out sides....when GS is napping avoid dropping a toon below 60%
  • Options
    Maybe someone from CG read this topic.
    GAC matchmaking is broken. Based only on "Skill Rating" is bad. Count at least GL in rooster and throw to same basket players wits same quantity of GLs. Player without GL have no chances to win with another having 2 GL and over 1M more GP.f29bm5ux84j7.jpg
  • Options
    I'm in Bronzium and haven't seen a GL on an opponent. However I'm at 1.8 mil GP and will unlock SEE within a few weeks. So it is definitely possible.
  • Options
    GAC matchmaking is not broken. Based only on "Skill Rating" is not bad.

You win your skill rating go up, you lose your skill rating go down. How can it be more ''fair'' than that?
  • Options
    Initial release of the new GAC was based on GP, over the first few seasons those with higher GPs and weaker rosters (no GLs) are going to start falling while lower GP players with solid rosters rise. There will be a point where it balances out.

Couple examples. My third account is very focused, from January 2021 when started to current it was strictly focused on SLKR. Took a year at F2p to unlock and still no ultimate started in lowest league and after the promotion the only way I can win now is with under sized squads on attack to field enough teams. Often times, it's not been an issue, even against folks with significantly higher GP (Many who auto deploy or do not participate).

nki6rpawuz83.jpg

Second account was not done so well, no GLs and while several useful teams it started in a higher GP league and proves to have more difficult battles. Even with no GL I'm finding a handful of folks in that league who simply use their GL for offense and doesn't prevent me from clearing.

nd7yrs1wv3be.jpg

First account seemed to start in the proper league/division and proves to be the most challenging.

• Options
    GAC matchmaking is better than it's ever been.
  • Options
    To be clear, by statement it was broken was that I assumed someone who should be in a higher tier had been matched against me on accident, similar to the glitch with awarding flags before the round starts and having empty spaces in the front row. Vice_torn explained the situation to me very well, I had missed that it was a very fresh GL with an otherwise weak roster. I have no objections to using skill ranking to match people, I just thought that someone with a GL would be a higher skill level by virtue of having a GL

Thank you all for your replies!
  • Options
    To be clear, by statement it was broken was that I assumed someone who should be in a higher tier had been matched against me on accident, similar to the glitch with awarding flags before the round starts and having empty spaces in the front row. Vice_torn explained the situation to me very well, I had missed that it was a very fresh GL with an otherwise weak roster. I have no objections to using skill ranking to match people, I just thought that someone with a GL would be a higher skill level by virtue of having a GL

Thank you all for your replies!

If you have no GL and you face someone with 2 GL for example, that doesn't mean something is broken. It just means that this guy is just terrible at GAC, and you will probably beat him. Or it means he's got a very focus roster, he will beat you because he's on his way up, and you will never see him again.
  • Options
    When the matchmaking was by GP, people screamed "unfair" because it didn't take GLs into account. So say the MM were to be changed and counted the number of GLs, people would still scream "unfair" because their SEE got matched up with JMK. Fine, so let's change the MM to separate 1st and 2nd generation GLs. Guess what? I bet people are still going to scream "unfair" because some of them don't have GAS, or JKL, or Maul, or CAT, or something. Before you know it, the only things the MM can safely ignore will be CUP and Rose Tico.
  • Options
    When the matchmaking was by GP, people screamed "unfair" because it didn't take GLs into account. So say the MM were to be changed and counted the number of GLs, people would still scream "unfair" because their SEE got matched up with JMK. Fine, so let's change the MM to separate 1st and 2nd generation GLs. Guess what? I bet people are still going to scream "unfair" because some of them don't have GAS, or JKL, or Maul, or CAT, or something. Before you know it, the only things the MM can safely ignore will be CUP and Rose Tico.
    This is a good summary.

No matter what the matchmaking is or will be, people will come to this forum to bump their gums.

The current matchmaking setup allows players to grow their roster without worrying about how it might affect their PvP prospects. This has been a long-stated aim of the devs, and I hope they keep it this way.

• Options
    This is a good summary.

No matter what the matchmaking is or will be, people will come to this forum to bump their gums.

The current matchmaking setup allows players to grow their roster without worrying about how it might affect their PvP prospects. This has been a long-stated aim of the devs, and I hope they keep it this way.

This.... and I'd be very disappointed if they reverted as I've bloated 600k gp since they announced the new MM (to 6.7m)