Diversity

I read one too many posts on how everyone is a drone and the poster is one of the rare original, uber cool unique players. How much they want everyone to be different etc etc.

To all those guys, you can cry me a river. You don't know what the game is about. The game mechanics are setup that way. There always will be a most efficient way to ride to the top and people will always try to take that route, cos, most efficient. Until the game changes fundamentally, this will always be the one and only constant truth in game. So if you have any ideas on what that fundamental change needs to be, please share.

Otherwise, please stop pretending to have found Nirvana and for beep's sake, stop condescending others. If you are not interested in Arena or rankings and just enjoy the game as is, please go on. Stop pretending that is the only right way to play the game. Some i d iots even jump on threads where people want to share personal achievements and start their condescending troll posts, oh cookie cutter team etc.

Get a life. Or don't. I'm ok if you wanna be a loser trying your hardest to prove to others that you're, in fact, the only real winner.

No offense to the guys who're actually playing different and still enjoying the game. The whole rant is against the ones playing different and hating it so much, they want others to join or appreciate them to make it worthwhile.

Replies

• Options
    I don't really see your point here, but kind of.. Play as you feel like and try to be happy about it!
    A bit off topic, but a Vader led team is rank 1 on my shard (mid dec) right now. He truly plays this game his own way :smiley:
  • Options
    @Azraelrulez I vaguely see what you mean. Having said that, the point of the forum is for...discussion purposes! A topic of interest/problem/bug for one person is boring/acceptable/not-a-bug for another. That will mean seeing OP's you disagree with and there will be discussions repeating the same thing, because not everyone will have seen every single post on the topic beforehand. In the end, it's completely up to you to decide whether you want to reengage in the same conversation you've had before or leave it to someone else to do so.

Speaking of meta, this very post will be lost in the vast sea of pointless comments seeking to placate the OP... :)
  • Options
    @Azraelrulez I vaguely see what you mean. Having said that, the point of the forum is for...discussion purposes! A topic of interest/problem/bug for one person is boring/acceptable/not-a-bug for another. That will mean seeing OP's you disagree with and there will be discussions repeating the same thing, because not everyone will have seen every single post on the topic beforehand. In the end, it's completely up to you to decide whether you want to reengage in the same conversation you've had before or leave it to someone else to do so.

Speaking of meta, this very post will be lost in the vast sea of pointless comments seeking to placate the OP... :)

Nah, the rant is not because someone engaged with me. It's because I see a post where someone is sharing his joy at getting no 1 and another jumps in raining on his parade, how that achievement means nothing because he has a meta team. There's another kind where the OP wants some suggestions on a winning strategy, folks come with ideas and then this guy jumps in on how the suggestions are bad because they follow the meta, offering 0 ideas which are different and better.

This is not about discussions or disagreements. This is clarifying that the disagreement should be targeted at the game mechanics and not at the folks who have learnt how to use the mechanics to their advantage.
    So if you have any ideas on what that fundamental change needs to be, please share.

There's no need to be a militant over it or ooze sarcasm on people who just want to share their wins and achievements. They can, of course, do it. Free country and all but it's unneeded, points to a needy of validation character (is that even a phrase?) and is directed at the wrong target.
  • Options
    I don't really see your point here, but kind of.. Play as you feel like and try to be happy about it!
    A bit off topic, but a Vader led team is rank 1 on my shard (mid dec) right now. He truly plays this game his own way :smiley:

Yeah, we had a Asajj led nightsister team in our top 20 but I think he's thrown in the towel and is using Dooku lead now. I see him around the top now.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    If this game would be revolved around 5 characters, because those characters would be OP, then what you say might be correct. Right now, it is revolved around 5-6 characters, because of the forums and because various sites who have their own ratings in mind. For example, on this one site, Lando Calrissian is said to be in tier iv as far as ratings goes. Clearly, those guys haven't seen videos of Calrissian absolutely owning the so called 'meta' teams. And examples are plentiful. There's droid teams, clone teams, ewok teams, nightsister teams that can beat anything in their path. There is no meta, except maybe dodge meta, which is sad. Qui-Gon Jinn was never meta in my opinion. He is a character that most people used because of the influence youtubers and forums have. I started using him because he is Liam Neeson with beard and i farmed for him since day 1. So i have no idea what are you trying to say here...are you trying to get everyone to use Dooku lead? Then you would be doing the same thing you said you don't like about others which is 'The whole rant is against the ones playing different and hating it so much, they want others to join or appreciate them to make it worthwhile.' Maybe you are getting tired of your team and subconsciously want to change it? :smile:
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    If this game would be revolved around 5 characters, because those characters would be OP, then what you say might be correct. Right now, it is revolved around 5-6 characters, because of the forums and because various sites who have their own ratings in mind. For example, on this one site, Lando Calrissian is said to be in tier iv as far as ratings goes. Clearly, those guys haven't seen videos of Calrissian absolutely owning the so called 'meta' teams. And examples are plentiful. There's droid teams, clone teams, ewok teams, nightsister teams that can beat anything in their path. There is no meta, except maybe dodge meta, which is sad. Qui-Gon Jinn was never meta in my opinion. He is a character that most people used because of the influence youtubers and forums have. I started using him because he is Liam Neeson with beard and i farmed for him since day 1. So i have no idea what are you trying to say here...are you trying to get everyone to use Dooku lead? Then you would be doing the same thing you said you don't like about others which is 'The whole rant is against the ones playing different and hating it so much, they want others to join or appreciate them to make it worthwhile.' Maybe you are getting tired of your team and subconsciously want to change it? :smile:

Are you referring to the vids of Lando with Nute as leader? If so, Lando is only amazing because Nute's leader ability is bugged - non-stealthed allies are incorrectly gaining turn meter on crits. Also, Lando is terrible on defense atm: slow and his AOE special is as likely to grant enemy toons offense up as damage them.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nah Lando with IG-88 or Sidious as leader. Ig-88 leader, Phasma, Lando, Ren/Vader/Sidious with RG. Good luck beating this team with your speedy characters. Actually, i wasn't exactly correct. For me there is a meta. Because with what i have, i cannot consistently beat the Dooku whales teams. Even if people beat you, you can get no1 easily everyday with this team. Also, there will be a real meta soon, as Rey and Leia get to 164 speed and if something is not done about their damage. Then it's gonna be all over.
  • Options
    That's not what he's saying. He's basically saying don't be disparaging to people who decide to play the way they want - whether it be with or against the meta. I know what he's talking about. People will share various achievements and some pretentious individual will step all over them, discounting what they did.

In every facet of ANY activity or sport, you going to field the best team, period. If 50 people have Dooku, or droids or Poe or Phasma and it helps them move up in rankings to procure more resources for thier team to make their team better over all, then that's fine. Eventually, things change and you find a way to beat it.

Example: cover 2 defense in football. Ten years ago, almost every team ran that defense. Until they found a way to beat it. Then the "meta" changed and defenses evolved.

I play for fun, but I also try to place the best, competitive team in arena - and sometimes it flows with the meta - so I can make my team better.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Oh ok, then i misunderstood a little. However, if every person in the top 20 let's say would run the same team, then people will find a way to crush that team. Not just simply rely on RNG. Then the 'meta' will change all by itself. And yea, people shouldn't have a problem with anybody using Dooku and stuff. That part i agree on. Personally, i do hate Dooku and i don't want to see him anymore. That is subjective, just felt i had to say that. :smile:
  • Options
    Nah Lando with IG-88 or Sidious as leader. Ig-88 leader, Phasma, Lando, Ren/Vader/Sidious with RG. Good luck beating this team with your speedy characters. Actually, i wasn't exactly correct. For me there is a meta. Because with what i have, i cannot consistently beat the Dooku whales teams. Even if people beat you, you can get no1 easily everyday with this team. Also, there will be a real meta soon, as Rey and Leia get to 164 speed and if something is not done about their damage. Then it's gonna be all over.

Interesting - first I heard of people using that lineup now. I know it's been touted as being the new big thing once fortitude and the changes being done to advantage come into play...
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Yea that's an aoe team that rocks already! Phasma will actually get a huge buff for people like Lando or even Boba Fett. This defense improved they are preparing should be treated very seriously, because there are characters that will make the transition from bad/mediocre to OP in an instant.
  • FTP_noncomplainer
    292 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I found nirvana. And nothing op can say can change that find. SHANGRILA. Wooooooooo
  • Options
    Oh ok, then i misunderstood a little. However, if every person in the top 20 let's say would run the same team, then people will find a way to crush that team. Not just simply rely on RNG. Then the 'meta' will change all by itself. And yea, people shouldn't have a problem with anybody using Dooku and stuff. That part i agree on. Personally, i do hate Dooku and i don't want to see him anymore. That is subjective, just felt i had to say that. :smile:

Oh, that goes without saying. I agree with that. And I too, hate Dooku. BUT, I am farming him because , well, I want more crystals in area and I'm getting smoked by: Dooku teams. So I need to up my competitive advantage in arena. However I'm also farming Boba and lando because it's fun.

• Options
    I found nirvana. And nothing op can say can change that find. SHANGRILA. Wooooooooo

I can say congrats. Congrats, haha!

@Carth_Onassi1973 , absolutely what you pointed out.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Oh, that goes without saying. I agree with that. And I too, hate Dooku. BUT, I am farming him because , well, I want more crystals in area and I'm getting smoked by: Dooku teams. So I need to up my competitive advantage in arena. However I'm also farming Boba and lando because it's fun.

Ok, now i understand what both you and OP said. I hate Dooku so much that i won't farm for him but, i have no problem with other people farming for him if they choose so. Maybe some people clearly do. Yea that's not cool.
  • Options

Ok, now i understand what both you and OP said. I hate Dooku so much that i won't farm for him but, i have no problem with other people farming for him if they choose so. Maybe some people clearly do. Yea that's not cool.

I'm not farming GS for the same reason. Don't like him but he's so good, I nearly cave in everyday. I just keep telling myself, wait for the next update, wait... lol.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    GS is going to be good even after this next update. He has to be, he is needed for a lot of situations like anti-Rey or IG-88, at least in offense. He also has a lot of counters, so he really isn't much of an issue if he is in defense. Yesterday, while making my way to the top of the leaderboard, i left GS for last for the 2nd time. It's not a good idea to always leave him for last, but sometimes you have to.
  • Options
    I'll be honest. I have yet to farm gs. I want to do badly as well. I'm close to dooku at 7* working on Jedi too. I don't have Yoda even at 5* yet. But that's what happens when ftp
  • Options
    Currently rank 11this morning though. I feel like I can be in top 5 today...... Then true nirvana. Lol @ op response. Was not what I was expecting
  • Options
    Currently rank 11this morning though. I feel like I can be in top 5 today...... Then true nirvana. Lol @ op response. Was not what I was expecting

Best of luck. I like it that F2P can be no 1 in this game. It takes a lot more planning for a F2P to get there.
  • Options

I'm not farming GS for the same reason. Don't like him but he's so good, I nearly cave in everyday. I just keep telling myself, wait for the next update, wait... lol.

Hahaha! Me too. I'm stockpiling arena and GW resources to see what happens at the end of April. I figure by then, I'll be prepped to farm someone I need to or farm someone I want to or both.

... But man, seeing the bug sitting in my collection at 4* makes me want to commit to building him up. I figure ill wait to see what happens.

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong in farming him. You get a good character, despite everyone using him. You have an easier time in PVP, GW, and gain the benefit of tokens because of it which leads to letting you farm characters you DO want.

Why would you intentionally make a game that already punishes you more punishing? I mean, unless youre a masochist. I love Dark Souls but you wont see me doing naked fist runs in that game :)
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    I see nothing wrong in farming him. You get a good character, despite everyone using him. You have an easier time in PVP, GW, and gain the benefit of tokens because of it which leads to letting you farm characters you DO want.

Why would you intentionally make a game that already punishes you more punishing? I mean, unless youre a masochist. I love Dark Souls but you wont see me doing naked fist runs in that game :)

Is this about GS? If so, I don't farm him because I need the higher rewards from higher level Cantina battles. Higher nodes also have a higher drop rate for purple mats.More Cantina currency, credits etc. too. Missed him because he looked really ugly when I 1st started playing+ no name toon and because of Kylo. I consider it too wasteful to farm him now at my level. Yup, he's really good but not a game changer like Poe was. An asset to most squad compositions but not indispensable either.

If the next update doesn't change him much, I'll get him. By that time I would have gotten anybody I wanted from Cantina shipments (finishing up Daka and 5s, then I'm done there) and should be able to forego the extra Cantina credits. Working on Lando till then.