Rose should be needed for Resistance Bomber

Prev1
Hear me out! Crewless ships are nice but they don’t scale well and this is a tank.

She wasn’t actually on the bomber, but at least having her at r5 wouldn’t be a complete waste anymore.

Replies

• Options
    Incoming Rose whining
  • Options
    Resistance Pilot and Rose
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Resistance Pilot already has a ship 🤦🏻‍♂️

And rose wasn’t even on the bomber either so that argument doesn’t hold up. Her only use is as a sacrifice for Crancor
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Resistance Pilot already has a ship 🤦🏻‍♂️

And rose wasn’t even on the bomber either so that argument doesn’t hold up. Her only use is as a sacrifice for Crancor

Read the post bro
  • Options
    I would be all for it! Resistance having a capital and only 3 ships is weak AF.

True, Rose wasn’t on the ship, but her sister was and that’s good enough for me.

But most importantly, it gives an otherwise worthless toon some use, which is always a plus. I haven’t started Rey yet, so I’m not speaking from the standpoint of someone who has her at 7* and geared either.

Also, is this someone spitballing ideas or has Resistance Bomber been confirmed as a real thing coming to the game?
  • Options
    I am incredibly confident in my speculation that both the Bomber and the Echelon will be crewless, similarly to the TIE Bomber, Hyena Bomber and the Y-Wings.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    Also, is this someone spitballing ideas or has Resistance Bomber been confirmed as a real thing coming to the game?

It’s confirmed.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/253666/state-of-the-galaxy-february-2022-mega/p1
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Whaleathon
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Rose would make the ships stats weaker. Because it’s Rose Tico.
  • Options
    Oooohhhh a new useless character we can add. Get ready for ‘sister Tico’ cause nobody knew her name. But you have to farm her to pilot bomber. 😂😂
  • Options
    Decicrim wrote: »
    Oooohhhh a new useless character we can add. Get ready for ‘sister Tico’ cause nobody knew her name. But you have to farm her to pilot bomber. 😂😂

Page
    hello
  • Options
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    True, Rose wasn’t on the ship, but her sister was and that’s good enough for me.

Works for me.

Instead of the resistance pilot (who Salatious_Scrum pointed out that the RP already has a ship), how about the resistance trooper? I mean if not him and you had to pick an existing toon, who?
  • Options
    Make Rey & SLKR the pilots ;)
  • Options
    In true fashion with the film, will it sacrifice the unit when it does its bombing run?
  • Options
    You mean Rose Tico's sister Paige Tico who I would love to come to the game as pilot of the Resistance Bomber.
  • Options
    JediRob78 wrote: »
    You mean Rose Tico's sister Paige Tico who I would love to come to the game as pilot of the Resistance Bomber.

Naw, lets use what we have instead of farming and gearing someone new. Won’t be the first time they didn’t follow established canon exactly. R5 Rose is a crazy requirement and this would soften the blow.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    JediRob78 wrote: »

Last Jedi is one of my favorites, but Paige didn't have anywhere near enough screentime to be a full-blown character. Folks like Lobot or Chief Chirpa, etc, haven't, either, but there were EU canon appearances for them to flesh them out. If Paige had other appearances, then sure!

But, as it stands, just make the bomber "her" bomber and have it be uncrewed.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Aside from the leveling/gearing up potentially bad toons for a ship I still prefer having crew for ships unless it makes sense that they don't have crew.

Crewless ships aren't able to keep up with the power creep from now higher relic tiers. Either stats need to be changed for the ships to keep them relevant or another way to increase the ships power needs to be introduced so they can keep up with the higher relic levels.
  • Options
    Altzair wrote: »
    Crewless ships aren't able to keep up with the power creep from now higher relic tiers. Either stats need to be changed for the ships to keep them relevant or another way to increase the ships power needs to be introduced so they can keep up with the higher relic levels.

I don't believe, that the genius CG devs ever spent any time to this problem.

Crewless ships don't follow the relict power creep? CG don't cares, makes no money for them, so it will be simply ignored.

By the way, since now the crewless ships doing well, I think.

• Options
    Would give me a reason to put mods on her at least.
  • Options
    Named char as pilot is fine, but ppl do really want a new generic unnamed char that usually benched as a pilot?

• Options
    Aside from the leveling/gearing up potentially bad toons for a ship I still prefer having crew for ships unless it makes sense that they don't have crew.

I largely agree. But I don't mind crewless ships if they're meant to represent a very genric, filler ship. For instance, the Resistance had a whole lot of X-Wings at its disposal, but we're limited to two in the game--Poe's and Pilot's. Give us a generic, crewless "X-Wing" for every capital ship so we can fill up undersized fleets. Keep Resistance Pilot and her specific X-Wing, maybe rename her Resistance Ace or something to represent that she's unique from the generic ship.

It'd also be nice if this generic ship could be duplicated so that, in the case of Raddus for example, you could use it 4 times and field a full fleet of Resistance ships. I don't know if that's supported by the code as is or would require a major overhaul to implement, so maybe it's impossible, but it would be nice.
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Named char as pilot is fine, but ppl do really want a new generic unnamed char that usually benched as a pilot?

I do, yes. I think this game needs more generic characters, personally. And more characters with ability sets that don't read like a Lord of the Rings short story.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

I largely agree. But I don't mind crewless ships if they're meant to represent a very genric, filler ship. For instance, the Resistance had a whole lot of X-Wings at its disposal, but we're limited to two in the game--Poe's and Pilot's. Give us a generic, crewless "X-Wing" for every capital ship so we can fill up undersized fleets. Keep Resistance Pilot and her specific X-Wing, maybe rename her Resistance Ace or something to represent that she's unique from the generic ship.

It'd also be nice if this generic ship could be duplicated so that, in the case of Raddus for example, you could use it 4 times and field a full fleet of Resistance ships. I don't know if that's supported by the code as is or would require a major overhaul to implement, so maybe it's impossible, but it would be nice.

I do, yes. I think this game needs more generic characters, personally. And more characters with ability sets that don't read like a Lord of the Rings short story.

At least make them fairly easy to gear up then. No need for 500 Kyros and Stun Guns on these randos.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Sure, I dont mind some generic faces, but when they are needed as a requirement somewhere else...you know what I mean.

Another example is GarSaxon and ISC, good ship, benched guys, not needed anywhere else. So how many ppl gearing them past relic lvl?
  • Options
    I hope the bombers unique says if this unit gets shot once it will explode and takeout the entire resistance fleet with it 😆 just like in that movie they made XD
  • Options

Sure, I dont mind some generic faces, but when they are needed as a requirement somewhere else...you know what I mean.

Another example is GarSaxon and ISC, good ship, benched guys, not needed anywhere else. So how many ppl gearing them past relic lvl?

That’s shortsighted, though.

If a ship is solid and good, then the pilot IS the ship. You gear them up so that you can use them for ship content, which is already a significant amount of the game and only likely to increase as time goes by. ESPECIALLY now that crystals in fleet arena remain while squad arena is gone.
  • Options

If a ship is solid and good, then the pilot IS the ship. You gear them up so that you can use them for ship content, which is already a significant amount of the game and only likely to increase as time goes by. ESPECIALLY now that crystals in fleet arena remain while squad arena is gone.

So you relic bistan, SRP/Garsaxon, ISC while the rebel/empire fleet in their prime time, instead of some GL/journey requirements?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    I hope the bombers unique says if this unit gets shot once it will explode and takeout the entire resistance fleet with it 😆 just like in that movie they made XD

If the Resistance Bomber takes 5 turns, it instantly destroys the enemy fleet. If the Resistance Bomber is destroyed before it takes 5 turns, it instantly destroys the allied fleet.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options

So you relic bistan, SRP/Garsaxon, ISC while the rebel/empire fleet in their prime time, instead of some GL/journey requirements?

No, because by then I had moved onto Malevolence so I had no need for better Rebels. But also this is a bad comparison because at that time you got crystals from squad arena, so there was a bias towards squad characters.

Now fleets contribute to the two sources of daily crystals—fleet arena and GAC. So, frankly, if putting a relic on Bistan and Pathfinder was going to improve me in both, yes, I would.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    Would give me a reason to put mods on her at least.

Another reason would be to have your pilots modded to help with ship gp deployed during TB.