Thermal imploder question

Mattiaslasson
8 posts Member
edited April 2016
Hi

Have been farming magma trooper for a while now, five stars and gear level 8 now, thought he would start to get descent soon.... But the thing is that his Thermal Imploder ability does not get critical hits - ever. This means his AoE damage, which according to his description is "potent" is actually really crappy, at least compared to someone like ig88.

Replies

• CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, that's true. It doesn't crit. But don't worry, guilds are coming in a month.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Have you tried using him with Sidious leader? I was just about to make a thread about magmatrooper to find out what he is like. 5* is very low also, i would like to know how he is at 6*. What about the reduction in turn meter with his aoe? Does it work well? Even if he doesn't do high damage on his aoe i was thinking that alone could make him top.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Have you tried using him with Sidious leader? I was just about to make a thread about magmatrooper to find out what he is like. 5* is very low also, i would like to know how he is at 6*. What about the reduction in turn meter with his aoe? Does it work well? Even if he doesn't do high damage on his aoe i was thinking that alone could make him top.

The turn meter reduction is awesome. If enemy has sid and aoe, then your magmatrooper goes instantly after him and reduces whole enemy's team turn meter. He is awesome in offence but in defence everyone can pretty much ignore him. He is the best counter vs a debuff team though. I think he is one of the well balanced heroes in this game. Very powerful vs some teams, but bad vs others.

@Alexone And yes, now i reinstalled game too :P But still not quite happy about where is heading.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    LMAO i knew you would re-install. Back to magma, all that matters to me is that he is good on offense. Ok i will start with him soon-ish. One thing i still don't understand is that you said he goes right after Sidious? How? he only has 119 speed. Is that a bug?
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    LMAO i knew you would re-install. Back to magma, all that matters to me is that he is good on offense. Ok i will start with him soon-ish. One thing i still don't understand is that you said he goes right after Sidious? How? he only has 119 speed. Is that a bug?

He gains TM when he resists or is affected by negative status effects, like Sid's aoe dot.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Not bug, he works like that. Sid (enemy) aoe applies debuff. So Magmatrooper wether he resists or not, he gains enough turn meter to make him attack right after and reduce enemy team's turn meter greatly.

"Magmatrooper has +30% tenacity and gains 60% turn meter whenever he resists or suffers a negative status effect."
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't know that. Ok that makes me want him even more.