Thanks for making conquest fun again

Prev1
Gotta give props for conquest this time around. The devs definitely redeemed themselves this time around for conquest. The feats are alot easier to pull off and there's nothing too crazy. Max crate is definitely more achievable for your people with the average roster. There's a lot of negative feedback out there with the game right now so it's nice to be able to give some positive back to them

Replies

• Options
    Game breaks if you attack out of turns against ewoks, the wrong characters were said to use for feats, the new cards dont work properly, the new card that were supposed to be in the game are not in the game till next conquest, why thank people for doing half of a job?
  • Options
    Game breaks if you attack out of turns against ewoks, the wrong characters were said to use for feats, the new cards dont work properly, the new card that were supposed to be in the game are not in the game till next conquest, why thank people for doing half of a job?

It shouldn't be this way but you just have to be proactive and read up on the current conquest when it starts but before you get to far into it. Learn from others mistakes. I never had an issue with ewoks, wrong mando etc. Again we shouldn't have to do this but it's nothing new that things go wrong so learn how to work around it.
  • Options

Cause I played conquest and had fun with it. Yeah I experienced the ewok thing but I just avoided them. Didn't have any one of those other issues with. I guess if people have that big of an issue with conquest then they don't have to play it
  • Options
    I agree this conquest is definitely a step in the right direction. The Ewok bug has been fixed too.

I'm a bit apprehensive about exactly what disks will be available in conquest 14 though. I am pretty sure it will not be the same as what we have now, plus those crit based new disks. Some will be removed.
  • Options
    this was a fun one
    hello
  • Options
    Feats were a lot better and less repetitive. Linking two global feats to data disks, which can by gained by two other feats, was a good change. That way you are garuanteed two decent disks without RnG at the disk nodes.
  • Options
    This conquest actually needed some thinking around disc and squad combinations for the bosses (looking at you lord vader) which was good. Thankfully smarter people than me did all that thinking for me. Thought I was going to be stuck on sector 4 forever.
  • Options
    Conquest would be fun only if removed, still an insane time crunch along with stupid battles and hundreds of them. No boss feat was actually fun, logical or fairly possible to do unless whale or good disk rng to build 5+ sets.

Conquest wont be fun ever.
  • Options
    Intrapido wrote: »
    Conquest would be fun only if removed, still an insane time crunch along with stupid battles and hundreds of them. No boss feat was actually fun, logical or fairly possible to do unless whale or good disk rng to build 5+ sets.

Then maybe you just don’t like the game?
    ksa0uv65qo27.jpeg
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

ksa0uv65qo27.jpeg

Or maybe i dont like nonstop recruiting because an insanely **** game mode constantly burn people out and no matter how many times people say it shouldnt overlap lstb and things like that it wont change.
  • Options

You forgot that you need a ship for a bossfeat...
  • Options
    this was a fun one

ksa0uv65qo27.jpeg

Or maybe i dont like nonstop recruiting because an insanely **** game mode constantly burn people out and no matter how many times people say it shouldnt overlap lstb and things like that it wont change.

find someone else to recruit
    hello
  • Options
    I just can agree. This conquest is a good version :) thanks cg :)
  • Options
    It’s a step in the right direction. Guaranteed disks as a reward for feats is definitely an improvement so kudos for that.
  • Options

ksa0uv65qo27.jpeg

It’s the need for completionism that causes people to burn out, not the events. Figure it this way—what’s the worst thing that happens if you don’t do a round of GAC? (Get your 10+ banners for participation, of course!) You miss out on some crystals, unless you would have lost, but you do something IRL instead.

Likewise, if you’re in the middle of board 4 of Conquest right now instead of complete and finishing up feats, what’s the worst thing about that? You get a character or ship in 5 months instead of 3?

So? It’s just a game. No need to treat it like a job. Arguably the only two things you SHOULD complete every time are TW and TB since those are team efforts and teamwork is a valuable character trait to exercise. But the rest? That’s individual game. Your life is more important than some game, so plan the game around your life instead of planning your life around the game.

I lost this round of GAC because I wanted to spend time with friends over zoom last night. No big deal. I’d do that again.
  • Options
    There were definitely some buggy issues with this one (I had multiple fights fail to complete - may be more a server issue on their end, but they only happened in conquest).

But, I agree, this was definitely a step in the right direction. I ended up enjoying working towards a feat that unlocked something that was needed later way more than I thought I would. (The 250 fight feat might as well say “spend 1000 crystals” and be more honest, though).
  • Madao5412
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    the feats are easier but the fights are harder. In all conquests i could 3* 95% of the fights, but now i'm at 70%.the feint worked, people are happy to spend crystals
  • Options
    Madao5412 wrote: »
    the feats are easier but the fights are harder. In all conquests i could 3* 95% of the fights, but now i'm at 70%.the feint worked, people are happy to spend crystals

fights seemed the same to me

rng
    hello
  • Options

rng

Likewise, I saw no difference in the difficulty of the fights
  • Options

rng

The first one of a set people always think is harder than the set that completed before (the Boba ones, in this case). It's because they spent two months knowing exactly what they were doing and with a solid gameplan in terms of what teams and discs to use for optimal outcome. They don't have that familiarity yet, so these feel harder than they are.

Folks also tend to ask "Is this harder?" in the first couple days of a new Conquest because each conquest lasts 2 weeks and it takes, like, 3 days to have good discs set up, meaning they spent 11 days on relatively easy mode, and now are comparing fights with one or two discs to fights from the previous event where they had 6 or 7 and also had hella extra discs to swap around if needed.

So considering we're a few days into the first Conquest of a new set, frankly we should expect MORE "Is this harder?" The fact we aren't seems to indicate that it really is easier.
  • Options
    Reward isn’t as great as other conquests so this conquest is easier.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

ksa0uv65qo27.jpeg

It’s the need for completionism that causes people to burn out, not the events. Figure it this way—what’s the worst thing that happens if you don’t do a round of GAC? (Get your 10+ banners for participation, of course!) You miss out on some crystals, unless you would have lost, but you do something IRL instead.

Likewise, if you’re in the middle of board 4 of Conquest right now instead of complete and finishing up feats, what’s the worst thing about that? You get a character or ship in 5 months instead of 3?

So? It’s just a game. No need to treat it like a job. Arguably the only two things you SHOULD complete every time are TW and TB since those are team efforts and teamwork is a valuable character trait to exercise. But the rest? That’s individual game. Your life is more important than some game, so plan the game around your life instead of planning your life around the game.

I lost this round of GAC because I wanted to spend time with friends over zoom last night. No big deal. I’d do that again.

If you try to be competitive thats not how it works actually. I understand your point of skipping stuff if theres no time but on the other hand if you want to be competitive you have to red box pretty much every single conquest, which has its time requirement and in tw lets say half your guild does it your way and the other half just swallows the bad part this will make your entire strategy shift in weird ways.

All in all conquest is something almost nobody likes or wants to do, but everyone is forced to do due to character releases. All that would be solved by a few things...
    - Make it overlap with dstb so the remodding thats required for lstb doesnt mess with time spent elsewhere.
    - Remove every single modifier from the game mode and maybe just maybe keep it for boss and mini boss battles because its stupid.
    - Increase the disk inventory size and rework that god **** disk selection UI.
    - Allow us to see the stats of the enemy team or atleast their starting speeds.
    - Increase the rewards because its pretty much useless at this point should be atleast 8-10 times more than it is now.
    - Originally conquest stated "this will be the game mode to use your entire roster"! That part is long gone which brings the stamina issue, so either make stamina regen faster without conquest pass which is a really bad deal, or let us use our entire roster and stop forcing feats therefor limiting our possibilities on what to use.
    - Communicate more and better.

This is just beating a dead horse atm, crumb and doja wont communicate anything at all as usual but all of the above could have been done and dealt with if they were doing their job.
  • Options
    How is Ashoka faster than JML? Glitch? Lol.
  • Options

ksa0uv65qo27.jpeg

If you try to be competitive thats not how it works actually.

Competitive against whom? The only phase of the game where you're directly competing is GAC, and you're matched against people at your level, meaning you're always in a competitive match up.
  • Options

ksa0uv65qo27.jpeg

If you try to be competitive thats not how it works actually.

Competitive against whom? The only phase of the game where you're directly competing is GAC, and you're matched against people at your level, meaning you're always in a competitive match up.

Tw also...and same skill matchup in gac never happens since the matchmaking is pretty much crap.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

i remember thinking RC wasnt good
    hello
  • Options
    I have mixed feelings about this conquest. On one hand, the feats are better designed, and there are more possible viable disc stacks, compared to the previous season. I have been having more fun doing this one, and actually am looking forward to the next 2.

On the other hand, the issues are annoying, not because I couldn't work around them, but because the way they are broken or continue to be broken shows poor quality in the execution (I guess I am talking with my programmer hat on). For example, the LV mark feat. I don't need it for the max crate, so it doesn't bother me. But it is just so obvious that this was not tested, at all.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

i remember thinking RC wasnt good

Lets see how this ages then.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Couldn’t disagree more.

It’s easier than the last one. It’s still a boring game mode. Still a boring grind. There is nothing fun in the fights. There is no challenge, just a grind. Conquest has failed as a game mode to inspire any fun, happiness or joy.

I’m sure the small few who do will now tell me I’m wrong. Search this forum, Reddit, discord and you’ll find a sea of hate for this conquest, and the conquest mode in general.