Royal Guard

I was trying to decide between Fives, Savage Opress, and Royal Guard to be a high-health meat shield/tank. I have Fives at gear level 7, but only 3*'s. SO is at gear level 6, 4 *'s. My current RG level is 47, gear level 6, and 3*'s. I am going to level him up to my current level cap (71) and get him geared up to at least gear level 7. At what star level will he really become useful for PvP and GW?

Replies

• RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    RG is essential these days. He will have the highest HP at lv80 and auto taunts.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    I've seen him used on high end teams at 5*, fully geared. He is still effective since his attack damage is not why he's in your lineup.
  • KILOLEO
    75 posts Member
    Options
    If u get him up 7* he is good but not low level he does not do to much damage as u expect him to do
  • garublador
    915 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I found he starts to be viable at 4 stars and gear 8, but not for a top 20 team. I've been hovering in the top 50 with him, though. I only lost 6 spots last night (40-46) on the first night using him on defense, so I was pretty happy with that.

I'll also add that 5's and SO don't seem to be great meat shields at the moment because they're just saved for last. They're more there to try to clean up the other team's glass cannons at the end of the match.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    My 7* RG is the MVP. Just amazing for keeping the group alive through the battle.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    RG is, and may still be at 80, considered the best tank in the game. Savage and 5s are decent characters, but RG will give you the ability to go further in PVP than Savage/5s.

• theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Opress is an attacker btw.
    I have Fives at Gear 9 max abilities and stars and he is quite good. But my RG 5* gear 8 max abilities is the one keeping me in high arena positions - those **** Rey, FOTP, Leia, GS squads...

However I switched my RP (7* lvl72, G-VIII, 7,7,7) out for Fives to see how it works.
    It seems, i no longer rely on dodging, because I backfire and slow, if he gets hit (RP does similar things with "gain turnmeter after evading an attack")

Just an overview:

beinb4.png
    jgp4qd.png
    2qa8pw1.png
    nqcpyc.png
  • KILOLEO
    75 posts Member
    Options
    garublador wrote: »
    I found he starts to be viable at 4 stars and gear 8, but not for a top 20 team. I've been hovering in the top 50 with him, though. I only lost 6 spots last night (40-46) on the first night using him on defense, so I was pretty happy with that.

I'll also add that 5's and SO don't seem to be great meat shields at the moment because they're just saved for last. They're more there to try to clean up the other team's glass cannons at the end of the match.

Yeah he can be good as long as u know how to use him
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I'm only level 61 and my RG is 4*; he allows me to be able to win on offense but he's not getting the stops quite yet on defense. The key is having high HP guys surrounding him. It is just a stinky path of upgrades on him.... the royal flush and the royal shard are about the same pull odds :lol:
  • KILOLEO
    75 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah try leveling him up alot if u can but make sure u use him at the right time
  • KILOLEO
    75 posts Member
    Options
    theHejiN wrote: »
    Opress is an attacker btw.
    I have Fives at Gear 9 max abilities and stars and he is quite good. But my RG 5* gear 8 max abilities is the one keeping me in high arena positions - those **** Rey, FOTP, Leia, GS squads...

However I switched my RP (7* lvl72, G-VIII, 7,7,7) out for Fives to see how it works.
    It seems, i no longer rely on dodging, because I backfire and slow, if he gets hit (RP does similar things with "gain turnmeter after evading an attack")

Just an overview:

beinb4.png
    jgp4qd.png
    2qa8pw1.png
    nqcpyc.png

Well done like all 7*
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    Options
    except RG, but he is more than viable since he has 5*
  • KILOLEO
    75 posts Member