Sick and tired of gac

Prev1345
I'm so tired of getting punished for being good at gac. I'm punching way above my gp constantly.

How is there no metric to better place us within the skill rating? I'm constantly going against people with 2 more gls and the executor. Put a little thought into your game cg. You've made the last thing in this game I enjoyed worthless. I'm regularly beaten before anything happens, before I even set a defense the match is over.

How hard is it really? After grouping with all rating further match players by gls, by gear 13s, by 6 dot mods, by average speed of mods. It's really not that difficult

Replies

• Options
    You are a whiner. Git gudder
  • Options
    They did think about it. If you paste the people at your level, then get matchups you can’t win as you move up, it encourages you to spend to try and catch up. That’s gac now. Open your heart or your wallet, they’re the options.
    797-722-718
  • Options
    This you, OP?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/967262822/gac-history/

If so, not sure your history matches your post.

@Ultra can you guys add a forum rule that those whining about GAC matches must post a link to their history?
  • Options
    That is not me. Names close though, I had to do a double take
  • Options
  • Options
    Here, happy?

https://swgoh.gg/p/212149614/gac-history/

This also doesn't include current match where I got demolished. Again.
  • Options
    Nobody should really be losing all the time. Bad streak stends to balance itself with a favourable match or 2.

That said, I might just be giddy in that having lost 2 and looked like another loss, my guy had an auto deploy. Up with this kind of thing. 👍
  • Options
    I think the goal of the skill rating method is eventually for players to basically be at .500 win level. Win one week 2-1, then the next week go 1-2. Or the other way around. They don't have to do much of any special match-making coding, they just let the skill level do all the work.

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    You won 15 straight matches where you had a lopsided result and I'd say most likely had some favourable match ups, now complain about having some harder match ups? Right.....

Also you last fight against "butholis" was one GL each and the loss to the guy with 3 GLs, you didn't even try.

You have also beaten guys previously who had a GL advantage. This shows that matching you guys together was definitely fair.

GP and GLs don't decide the match. Some players have terrible mods, don't know counters or have silly strategies that open themselves up to being beaten. It seems you are at a stage where the guys you meet with a GL advantage actually know a little and it's tougher. If you lose all, you'll drop and find some more balanced matches. Just remember there were people who went constantly 0-3 or 1-2 while you were going 3-0. Your overall winning percentage is high and therefore have had a good influx of crystals. Enjoy the tougher matches, see what you need to expand on, then do it.
  • Options
    Yes and look at the matches, those were matches where there wasn't a significant gp and gl difference.

I'm not asking to always win. I'm asking for balanced matchmaking
  • Options
    This you, OP?

@Ultra can you guys add a forum rule that those whining about GAC matches must post a link to their history?

Forget whiners how about everyone
    hello
  • Options
    Yes and look at the matches, those were matches where there wasn't a significant gp and gl difference.

No... you're asking for always win lol

I've fought against people with more GL's than me, and I'm very sure that if I optimized more my battles that single time, I would've won

My best example is this https://swgoh.gg/p/692141595/gac-history/?gac=87&r=3
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    This you, OP?

Ultra can you guys add a forum rule that those whining about GAC matches must post a link to their history?
    Great suggestion, i'll try and see if i can get the rules amended
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    This you, OP?

Ultra can you guys add a forum rule that those whining about GAC matches must post a link to their history?

TVF has asked this many times already (in general not just for GAC).
  • Options
    This you, OP?

Post yours, start a trend.
  • Itsa_me_Malario
    1308 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Wins 15 matches in a row, not peep about match making being broken, loses 4 matches woah woah match making woah woah grow up dude
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    This you, OP?

Dear God. What have I become? ;)
  • Options

Balanced means you win 50% of the time, imo. If you are better than most others at your GP, you're gonna hit some brick walls. You're also at a weird, mid-game level that seems to have a lot of efficient players such as yourself as well as casuals with more toys and roster bloat.

Speaking from my experience as well as others in the 250-1000 K1 range, GAC has never been more competitive and exciting.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    This you, OP?

Dear God. What have I become? ;)

It's a decent suggestion to be fair, just not previously had any real traction.

TVF is alright - kind of missed him when he absconded.
  • Options
    You're not reading what I'm saying. I'm not talking about wins and loses. I'm talking about being matched up with accounts that have 2 mil gp on me at least 1 more gl, frequently 2, and sometimes an executor ( maybe 1/3 of the time? ).

I'm not upset about the losing part. I'm upset with the matchmaking. If I get beat by someone with even a vaguely similar roster that's fine. It happens. It's when I don't have a chance or need the opponent to make multiple significant mistakes for me to have a shot.

Particularly with the changes made regarding beating gls, it makes it even harder to punch up
  • Fingolfin26
    270 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Balanced means you win 50% of the time, imo. If you are better than most others at your GP, you're gonna hit some brick walls. You're also at a weird, mid-game level that seems to have a lot of efficient players such as yourself as well as casuals with more toys and roster bloat.

Speaking from my experience as well as others in the 250-1000 K1 range, GAC has never been more competitive and exciting.

Hey if they pair me with similar efficient rosters I'm fine with it, I don't mind fair competition.

Look though, that hasn't happened in multiple cycles
  • Options
    GerTarrant wrote: »
    This you, OP?

Post yours, start a trend.

Not until it is required friend
    hello
  • Options

Hey if they pair me with similar efficient rosters I'm fine with it, I don't mind fair competition.

So take it as a compliment you're the only one in your range being so efficient
    hello
  • Options

And how would one design a system to find such players? And how do we differentiate between you and the casual player with 2M more GP?
  • Options

And how would one design a system to find such players? And how do we differentiate between you and the casual player with 2M more GP?

Start with their current system, then after you have measured people with skill ranking further refine matches. Take the number of gls, then go a step further number of gear 13s, then a step further average speed on a certain number of mods.
  • Options
    Ew no
    hello
  • Options

Start with their current system, then after you have measured people with skill ranking further refine matches. Take the number of gls, then go a step further number of gear 13s, then a step further average speed on a certain number of mods.

Why would they take all the “difficult” things to do in this game and make them irrelevant by not providing an advantage. I spend a lot of time farming mods and requirements for GL’s, why would I not be able to use that as an advantage over people who don’t bother with mods or GL’s.

If they use those and then only match people who put similar effort into those aspects of the game, what would be the point of doing them as they no longer provide any sort of advantage.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.