Gac skill match, yeah right!

So they say that skill rating is the only thing that matters now in gac. Either calling ****, or CG can’t even get matchmaking off a single star correct.

We are now in round 3 this week I thought I knew who I would be matched with from our 8 man group but no!!!

I lost my first round and won the second round.

The 2 people who won both rounds were matched. OK
The 2 people who lost both rounds were matched OK.

The middle 4 people algo got screwed
The 2 people who won 1st lost second have skill rating of 2740 and 2741
The 2 people who lost 1st round and wind 2nd have skill rating 2739 (this is me)

So I should be matched with the other person who lost 1st, won second and has the same skill rating…but wait.

This 3rd round
Me at skill 2739 noGLs matched with the 2741 (who has 2 GLs)
The other player at 2739 noGLs got mats he’s with the other 2740 player (coincidentally 1 GL)

How is this fair or correct? If it went by skill me and the other guy with 2739 and noGLs should be paired and we would have a good 50/50 shot at each other.
Now both of us got pair with the higher skill players with GLs, almost garantee we will now both lose our next matches.

CG fix your $#%!

Replies

• Options
    Nothing to fix. Once you’re in the group you’ll get matched with those who have the same win/loss ratio as you in the group. You both just got unlucky with the harder matchups
  • Options
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Nothing to fix. Once you’re in the group you’ll get matched with those who have the same win/loss ratio as you in the group. You both just got unlucky with the harder matchups

Wow!!! What pure cr.ap! Love having weekly rewards now rely on pure rng for 3rd match up.

Thanks for info!
  • Options
    It is designed to match you with people you can't beat.
  • Options
    It is designed to match you with people you can't beat.

So it is designed to match everyone with someone they can't beat?
    Wow, interesting logic.
  • Options
    The skill rating is used to make the pool, then that is done with. You get matched in that pool for round 1 at random.

The first round creates 2 smaller pools. One of first round winners, one of first round losers.

The first round winners play a random opponent from the winner's pool. And the same for the losers.

Now the winner's pool has 2 winners who play off for the 3 win prize and 2 losers who play off for the 2 win prize.

The losers pool has 2 players that play off for the 2 win prize, and 2 players who see who gets 1 win, and who gets 0 wins.

After round 1 the winner's and loser's pools don't meet up any more.

Not sure if you actually wanted to understand how it works, or if you just want to rant about the skill rating system.
  • Options
    The skill rating is used to make the pool, then that is done with. You get matched in that pool for round 1 at random.

The first round creates 2 smaller pools. One of first round winners, one of first round losers.

The first round winners play a random opponent from the winner's pool. And the same for the losers.

Now the winner's pool has 2 winners who play off for the 3 win prize and 2 losers who play off for the 2 win prize.

The losers pool has 2 players that play off for the 2 win prize, and 2 players who see who gets 1 win, and who gets 0 wins.

Not sure if you actually wanted to understand how it works, or if you just want to rant about the skill rating system.

:) a little of both. Thought I knew mechanics when they said matchmaking is based off the skill rating.

Glad I know the mechanics of it fully now.

My small rant is just that it’s another rng coin toss instead of using the stat they put in the game specifically for matchmaking :/ can’t say I’m not disappointed, rng is the 1 thing I truly hate in this game!

• Options
    Decicrim wrote: »
    rng is the 1 thing I truly hate in this game!
    The whole game is RNG-based.
  • Options
    A 2-point Skill Rating difference should not be cause for concern.
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »

That's what I was thinking...
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »

Oh no. Absolutely nothing to do with a 2 point difference that means nothing.
    I was just surprised on round 3 it didn’t match the closer ratings, I thought that’s how it matched. But guys enlightened me after 8 man group it’s rng on win/loss

It just so happened the 2 people that were the 2 higher ones had GLs and me and the other guy do not have GL yet. So I’m a sense 2 point mismatch did have fairly big impact. if we matched on skill each fight would have been pretty even.

From the other angle it almost guarantee that the people with bigger GL roster will take the #3 and #4, and the 2 smaller will both lose putting them #5 and #6. Which favors keeping GL account higher. (Of course I hate now, but would love once I have my GL)

If it matched on skill the me and the other noGL guy, it guarantees that atleast 1 of us on the smaller nonGL would take 4th overall with 2 wins. Same with bigger guys 1 of them would be guaranteed to get 5th or 6th overall.

The past 5 weeks I’ve always won atleast the first 2, so I have never noticed the middle matchmaking.

one thing I would be curious on is if there is a pattern to that 3rd round matchup from the #3-6 players swinging on something like win 1st/2nd round; or if it even out to a true 33% rng who you’ll match , but that would take a lot of data collection.

I just got bad luck with the rng for this one, it happens, just like those days you get zero drops for you gear/shard farms. Gotta roll with the punches ;)

• Options
    If you haven't noticed as of yet the way skill points seem to work, at least in K2 is first match 38 points, second match 37 points, last match 36 points. Seems each round decreases by 1 point win or lose. Not sure what the logic is behind it but that's what is goin on.
  • Options

This isn't entirely accurate. The losers (round 1 winners) of round 2 winners do not always face off. It can happen, sure, but not always. I, a r1w r2l, am facing a r1lr2w.
  • Options
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    If you haven't noticed as of yet the way skill points seem to work, at least in K2 is first match 38 points, second match 37 points, last match 36 points. Seems each round decreases by 1 point win or lose. Not sure what the logic is behind it but that's what is goin on.

Ah great info, thanks. so they do weight the 1st round a little higher somewhat. Accounts for 1-2 point difference after round 2.
    Interesting to see if this is factor in matching round.

I seriously doubt CG has gone to this much effort and it just pure rng luck, given the general matchmaking.