Is the Tanks Only challenge with Mace Windu worth investing in tanks?

SlipperyBogle
8 posts Member
edited April 2016
I have no high level tanks so I'm only completing the 2nd level of the challenge. Should I invest in tanks to get the other equipment pieces or are they not really used for much? Already have QGJ up to 8 armor.

Is the Tanks Only challenge with Mace Windu worth investing in tanks? 18 votes

Yes invest in tanks to complete Mace
55%
Sysyfikretkurudano7591Sekufive2zeroJaxwellIrrlichtJarlRagnarmorcseaGuilz 10 votes
No focus on building up existing team
44%
jeremyj26dano7591BleachGwonkKamikazeRhombusIvan_DragoSikhoZanhaep 8 votes

Replies

• Options
    Depends. I have 300 IG all the gear it gives except the new tier gear. So until I unlock that I'm not even doing the tank challenge.
  • Options
    If you have fives youre pretty much set.
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    Teebo lead with Chewie and RG you're pretty much through. Most of the times Windu dies without hitting anyone.
    I have also unlocked FOST and pulled a Stormtrooper from Bronzium.
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pondering the same.

The newest unlock has Mace hitting like a Mac truck.

He one shotted my max 7* Poe. I didn't lose one today, but the possibility is there to easily.

7* max or mostly max gear/ability Finn and Poe lvl 70, 72
    5* Boba lvl 70 no hair dryers
    4* Chewy somewhat geared lvl 61
    3* RG lvl 36

Biggest issue I've been having since the last update is resists in challenges. On Mce, I haven't landed any stuns, exposes, and Chewie hasn't procced the turn meter reduction.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    Options
    Just landed an expose. I also landed a slow last match.

Mace crit regular for a 22k opening move on Chewie. His next turn was a blue colored (smite ability maybe) one shot on Poe.

I much prefer getting the shatter point debuff at this point. At least it takes more than one turn to kill one of my toons.

Finn holds up better so far. His HP is better than others though. A leveled RG would be great.

Boba' evade up on ally death has actually been useful as well.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    With the new meta and combat changes that are supposedly happening, tanks might become more useful as the meta shifts from pure speed/DPS once fortitude is added. If you haven't been farming RG, I'd suggest you work on him some more. RG is one of the few tanks that's actually useful in arena. ST Han is also fairly useful and he's pretty easy to farm from arena shipments. However, Han is not viable at lower star levels due to his low HP; I couldn't use him in the tank challenge until he hit 5* because the enemies would kill him in the first 2 rounds at 4* and lower. Poe and Fives are both good tanks but you have to farm them from cantina shipments and there are other toons there that are better in current meta. You can also farm Teebo from GW shipments; he's a very easy farm and he'd probably be viable for the tank challenge at 4* or 5*, especially if you use him as lead so he can stealth some of your toons.
  • Options
    I have 450 mark 4 stun guns. So no, the gear is useless.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    Yes invest in tanks to complete Mace
    If I remembered correctly, a group of tanks around 40ish can finish level 3. This is by no means a huge investment.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »

The level 72 gear is useless as well.
  • Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »

The level 72 gear is useless as well.

At least there is hope for it. lol Stupid CG.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet