R7 malak?

Nrm53
89 posts Member
edited February 2022
I have the rest of the se team at r7... is it going to be worthwhile pulling Malak to r7 or will he not gain enough to make him worthwhile between 5 and 7?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    You can see what stats a character will gain for every gear or relic upgrade, look here:
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/darth-malak/relic-list/
    Enjoy!
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Hm so roughly 9k health and protection not bad at all especially when multiplied ur health and protection mods that shouldbe on him... probably worththe extra relics but will have gobs of health anyways... thanks for the info!!... what exactly does mastery actually do? Iv seen the stat obviously but still have no idea what kind of bearing it actually has on a Character...
  • Options
    Nrm53 wrote: »
    what exactly does mastery actually do? Iv seen the stat obviously but still have no idea what kind of bearing it actually has on a Character...

Yeah, that's hard to explain.. They have a system with an alignment (attacker, support, tank) and a main stat (might (power), dexterity (agility), tactic). All toons have one alignment and a main stat, Malak ep is a Power Tank and in that regard he gains bonus stats (aka mastery) that compliments the combination of his alignment and main stat and therefore his overall playstyle - Armor, Health Leech and Protection. The higher the mastery the higher these bonus stats.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Boba Fett is a good example to see this:
    q1o41nct0jht.jpeg
    9bgh0kddy80k.jpeg
    He's getting Physical Damage, Physical Crit Chance and Armor (i ignore Armor here) from being a dexterity (agility) character and Crit Chance (physical and special), Crit Damage and Damage (physical and special) from his mastery. In the bottom picture you see the Critical Damage in the general part, the Damage and double (extreme high rating) Crit Chance in the physical part and Damage and (regular aka just one bonus) Crit Chance in the Special part.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    My R7 Malak can take so much punishment in my SEE team
  • Options
    I have the rest of the se team at r7... is it going to be worthwhile pulling Malak to r7 or will he not gain enough to make him worthwhile between 5 and 7?

Some toons differ in what relic levels can do. I love R7 Malak as opposed to R5, but I have also used him for quite some time. I maintain that SE has validity still & can still carry their weight.
  • Options
    There’s enough of a difference to justify R7 vs R5 Malak
  • Options
    R8 Malak is even better
  • Options
    R7 Malak is a safer solo in GAC vs padme teams without Ani etc. If those two relic levels win you two GAC matches over the course of the rest of the game's life, it likely pays for itself. Also just general quality of life and not stressing as much when he's just tanking in GAC, TW, TB, etc
  • Options
    Pan2218 wrote: »

Some toons differ in what relic levels can do. I love R7 Malak as opposed to R5, but I have also used him for quite some time. I maintain that SE has validity still & can still carry their weight.

LOL, I don't think anyone argued he wasn't valid now
  • Options
    Ah that makes sense and r7 it is... and ya I figured that would be the case but I'm having enough issues getting him to 7 and I need piette and Boba both at 8 so hel have to wait