Old daka or jedi consuler?

I have a 3* jedi consular and no shards for daka. Is she better than the consular? I am trying to get the first order officer but would it be more beneficial to get daka? For pvp.

Replies

• Options
    The community tend to sleep on Daka , because her heals aren't the strongest , and controlled by the AI, probably won't heal until it's too late.

JC people tend to not want to use him because everyone and their mom has him.and he's a Jedi. Which right now isn't a good thing to be

Those are the negatives of both.
    Decide for yourself. Which negative turns you off the most,
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • Options
    ChaseKillz wrote: »
    The community tend to sleep on Daka , because her heals aren't the strongest , and controlled by the AI, probably won't heal until it's too late.

JC people tend to not want to use him because everyone and their mom has him.and he's a Jedi. Which right now isn't a good thing to be

Those are the negatives of both.
    Decide for yourself. Which negative turns you off the most,

Wait how is she controlled by the ai? Do I lose a move for her and she heals them or something? How does it work to be exact.
  • Options
    If you have JC at 3* and no Daka, tou may want to focus on JC. Old Daka strength is a Stun. If you need tonrely on her revive skill you are already having other problems. It's too risky. Her heal is sib-par, escept in the Dark Side, where she has no competition. I have her at 5* and use her in my A team. But my Counselor eould be 7* by now, and hits much harder. He also self-heals a bit, a feature never sufficiently aporeciated, as in Talia, that get's little love, and seems and endless re-healing machine with regular attack maxed out.

Daka is also a bit more interesting if you want to use a nightsister leader, or against Abominations like Sid (which I have and love)
  • Options
    JC and Daka are farmed in two separate locations so it's really not a question of JC or Daka. I will continue to farm Daka simply because darkside needs a healer and Talia is kinda lame as a primary healer. So I would keep farming her but more for PVE. In PVP she's useful too but for PVE you kinda have to have her.
  • Options
    More than likely if someone is low yellow or even worse red and it's her turn , she will proceed trying to stun the other team instead of healing. Then when they die she tries to resurrect them. Try auto playing against a difficult level in pve to see how a character will play on defense.
    467-325-146
  • Options
    I suggest to everyone to unlock old daka from the canteena as soon as possible. The first canteena shipment you ever buy should be old daka. Once she is unlocked, you can stop buying her and go for someone else. She is a hard farm, and if you dont start farming her immediately, you wont be able to unlock her when the darkside gets too hard without her.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    She is a hard farm, and if you dont start farming her immediately, you wont be able to unlock her when the darkside gets too hard without her.

I didn't even pay attention that he didn't start on Daka yet. Pilot is spot on though
    467-325-146
  • Options
    to summarize my views, I'd get Daka first, but would try to farm Consular in regular missions as he has 4 places to get shards, and he seems a very balanced char overall. Like a slightly buffed Luminara of sorts. It's also insurance against the upcoming nerf to Luminara, which everybody likes and as such, atracts too much atention even if not really OP, I'd say very well loaded and strong hitting.

• Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Old daka is definitely one of the betted heros in the game if not top tier. Jc is a jedi which for the most part is a liability. I know jc is good but imo daka is better.
  • Options
    Again, JC and Daka are farmed in separate spots so it's not a question of, "Daka or JC?".

As for what Preemo said, the regular battles are better for gear. Cantina, cantina shipments, arena, and GW are better for shard farming.
  • Options
    Daka heal is weak, she is fairly squishy, but the stun makes up for it. Preempo is right that the revive is unreliable....it is more of a bonus when you get the revive so you don't lose a character in GW, or you get 3* instead of 2* in PVE. It will not win you the match that is going south already.

I think that she's one of the most balanced characters in the game, and you won't be able to make it far in Dark Side hard without her.

To answer OP's original question, I don't think she's that great for PvP, but is First Order Officer really much better of a choice?
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    my JC is almost semi-retire. The reason i still use JC because he is in the light side and i need him lol.

For GW, Arena, i will bring Old Daka because she can revive herself and teammate. As someone mention her heal is weak but her stun makes up for it. Because stun is the main key to win in this game. Especially if you against a group with 2-3healers.

• Options
    Get daka simply for your dark side battles.
  • Options
    Btw you can effectively farm jc and daka at the same time....
  • Options
    I have a purple gear 5" Jewish Consular and I 2to admit he's pretty dang strong and has good heals.... I would say use the JC.
  • Options
    Hahha, Jewish Consular
  • Options
    Belg wrote: »
    Hahha, Jewish Consular
    The Schwartz is strong with this one!
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    I lol'd af Jewish Counsular too. All non bariss healers seem to be about the same in squishyness. Revives can defintely turn the tide of a battle especially when you can follow it up with a heal. The stuns can be downright nasty. Her heal is on the weaker side or she would be op. She also has good speed:)
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    JC and Daka are farmed in two separate locations so it's really not a question of JC or Daka. I will continue to farm Daka simply because darkside needs a healer and Talia is kinda lame as a primary healer. So I would keep farming her but more for PVE. In PVP she's useful too but for PVE you kinda have to have her.

I agree with this. Both have their place. I like using the JC, but when doing dark side missions a healer is needed and the dark side is short on options.
  • Options
    Here is my rationale for JC. As other have said, Daka is needed (as the cap is enforced) for Dark Side missions. Both can be farmed at the same time without overlap, actually there is synergy because you can farm Consular in 4a (or 4-something) in Cantina and Daka in shipments.

The reason JC is nitnto benunserestimated is because the faster that you can label ANY char the faster tour Arena and GW will be. And Counselor is the faster character you can ever level, with Cantina 4a PLUS 4 locations in regular missions. I did Daka from maybe day 3 after unlocking Cantina, used even some 400 refreshes, abd she is still after more than a minth just 5*.

Also, healers are an advantage in PvP. Much better tobhave ine more significant heal, that a Chevy that does nkt damage and only serves to procide one more turn for your only healer to cool diwn. Not good. It works early on, but later on dies little to change outcome.

So, if I where to start again, I may have chosen JC instead if of Talia. old Daka was to be farmed in C Shipments ANYWAY. The thing you want is a rank in Arena to at least farm 5 yards a day. And a 7* is much better than a *3 Daka.

Also, very fee prople know JC is one of only very few characters that can be equiped with Level VIII gear. It's the only char so far that I have that can do that.

It's also true that Regular mission priorities are Gear. Still, if you plan to refresh with Crystals, you can use one refresh and to farm ALL 4 counselor missions with that refresh leaving 3 or 4 refreshes for gear....120 energy = 4 missions x 3 tries x 12. Well, youbuse 24 energy on tonof a refresh, but it's close enough to one. You can get like 4 and maybe another 9-10 from 2 Cantina refreshes, like 12 per day.

All the things ithers are mentioning at generally true too.
  • Options
    Boba get get gear viii that's the only other I know
  • Options
    Daka is a pretty poor healer. I have an ally that has a 6* purple gear daka and it's just hard to heal your way through those level 5 hard dark maps. There's so much aoe damage. Daka's heal isn't strong, bu the main problem is she has a very long cooldown. You can fire it in round 1 of a node and won't be able to use it again until a round or 2 in the third phase of the node. I've had better luck evading my way though those maps and just tanking with evade (I use Maul or Dooku as leader and borrow a strong Sid for leader).

JC helps you a lot in GW - much better than Daka because of the very low cooldown he has on his heal. His level 6 heal he gets a -1 cooldown that takes it to just 2. He also has a chance on his basic later to reduce his cooldowns by 1. Not uncommon for him to fire the heal, hit the basic, and then the very next turn his heal is available again. Daka is very good however, I'd farm both if you could - but if you're looking for her to be a great healer to save you on the dark side I think you'll be disappointed. Until you can get her >5* and purple gear her heal is really mediocre. JC I think just for pure healing ability, may be the best healer in the game due to his low cooldown rate.
  • Options

As many people have pointed out, Old Daka's strength isn't healing; it is her speed and ability to stun. I have her purple-geared and close to 5* and she acts only second to Dooku/Darth Sidious (and faster than Luminara), meaning with Dooku and Daka, you have the chance of stunning two opponent heroes early and in every round to dictate the flow of the battle.
This discussion has been closed.