Omicron Ability Update: Wampa

Prev13
CHANGES MARKED IN GREEN

UNIT NAME: Wampa
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Attacker
Fearsome predator from Hoth that attacks constantly with increasing strength

BASIC: Womp!

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Damage Over Time for 2 turns. If the target was Exposed or Staggered, Stun them for 1 turn. If the target was debuffed, gain 20% Turn Meter. If Wampa isn't debuffed, gain 20% Turn Meter. This attack can't be Evaded. This attack has +100% Offense against Rebel targets.

SPECIAL: Icebreaker (Cooldown 5)

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on Wampa. Deal Physical damage to all enemies and Daze them for 2 turns. Wampa gains Protection Up (150%) until the next time this ability is used, which can't be Dispelled or prevented.

SPECIAL: Furious Foe (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Inflict Healing Immunity on all enemies for 2 turns, which can't be Evaded. Wampa gains 40% Accuracy, 40% Critical Chance, and 40% Offense (stacking) until the end of the encounter. Wampa gains 15% Turn Meter for each defeated ally and each active enemy. This ability starts on cooldown.

UNIQUE: Howling Rage

FINAL TEXT: While Wampa has Protection Up, it has +20% Counter Chance, +50% Offense, and +50% Tenacity.

UNIQUE: Cornered Beast

OLD FINAL TEXT: Wampa has +50% Counter Chance. Wampa has +10% Counter Chance, +5% Health Steal, and +5% Offense for each Damage Over Time effect on each enemy.

NEW FINAL TEXT (OMICRON): Wampa has +50% Counter Chance. Wampa has +10% Counter Chance, +5% Health Steal, and +5% Offense for each Damage Over Time effect on each enemy.

While in Grand Arenas: Wampa gains +100% Tenacity. If there are no other active allies at the start of battle, Wampa gains +75% Defense, Max Health, Max Protection, and Offense, doubled if there is only 1 active enemy at the start of battle. Whenever Wampa is damaged by an attack, inflict 2 Damage Over Time effects for 3 turns on the attacking enemy, which can't be evaded or resisted, the cooldown of Furious Foe is reduced by 1, and gain +30% Tenacity (stacking) until the end of the encounter.

Replies

• Winterwolves
    1729 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Is the second half of the ability always active, or only if Wampa is solo?

FYI, Doja has answered this further down. Only the stat gains are dependent on being solo.

Thanks Doja!
    Post edited by Winterwolves on
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

I would assume it’s always active, but because this is CG I’m not sure.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    Xcien wrote: »

I would assume it’s always active, but because this is CG I’m not sure.

Should be always, yeah

The only active and only 1 active enemy is for stat boosts

At least from how the text description reads
  • Options
    Definitely need a clarification there
  • Options
    Seems like it’s designed to clean up a lone gl… interesting
  • Wrathe
    198 posts Member
    Options

Or a bad omen that 3v3 is returning.
  • Options
    If the damage over time when damaged part is not part of the solo clause, please reorganize the text like this:

While in Grand Arenas: Wampa gains +100% Tenacity. Whenever Wampa is damaged by an attack, inflict 2 Damage Over Time effects for 3 turns on the attacking enemy, which can't be evaded or resisted, the cooldown of Furious Foe is reduced by 1, and gain +30% Tenacity (stacking) until the end of the encounter. If there are no other active allies at the start of battle, Wampa gains +75% Defense, Max Health, Max Protection, and Offense, doubled if there is only 1 active enemy at the start of battle.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Goodbye MM lol
  • TimK
    21 posts Member
    Options

Yes!- sounds great
  • Options
    For clarification purposes: USUALLY. I repeat, USUALLY, if a restriction is set within a paragraph, then everything within said paragraph that comes after said restriction only applies if the conditions are met.

Meaning the most likely scenario is that if Wampa isn't solo, +100% tenacity is all he gets.
  • Options
    Drexb wrote: »
    If the damage over time when damaged part is not part of the solo clause, please reorganize the text like this:

While in Grand Arenas: Wampa gains +100% Tenacity. Whenever Wampa is damaged by an attack, inflict 2 Damage Over Time effects for 3 turns on the attacking enemy, which can't be evaded or resisted, the cooldown of Furious Foe is reduced by 1, and gain +30% Tenacity (stacking) until the end of the encounter. If there are no other active allies at the start of battle, Wampa gains +75% Defense, Max Health, Max Protection, and Offense, doubled if there is only 1 active enemy at the start of battle.

vehemently agree with this
  • Options

would be spicy for OR if it's always active...
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    p5bppf9yb20e.jpeg

Best omicron yet
    Post edited by Ultra on
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    nottenst wrote: »
    Not really unless its bugged
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    For clarification purposes: USUALLY. I repeat, USUALLY, if a restriction is set within a paragraph, then everything within said paragraph that comes after said restriction only applies if the conditions are met.

Meaning the most likely scenario is that if Wampa isn't solo, +100% tenacity is all he gets.

In this game, the restriction applies to the same sentence. When there is a full stop (period) then the rest of the description is independent of the if-condition

But I do agree that @Drexb suggestion is much cleaner and simpler
  • Options
    So sad that, how it reads, we should all assume the second half is ALWAYS active, but we always need a clarification because CG doesn't know how to properly write their kits interactions lol
  • Options
    All I have to say is https://youtu.be/Qsy7kJyizoc
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

In this game, the restriction applies to the same sentence. When there is a full stop (period) then the rest of the description is independent of the if-condition

Is that always true?

There was a discussion a little while ago where someone was adamant that QGJ’s omicron was not like that. If there is a GL present then apparently the damage immunity, stealth and can’t be revived conditions are nullified even though they are in a separate sentence from the GL condition.
  • LordDirt
    5010 posts Member
    Options
    Why not post this in the wampa post that is already created?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    GerTarrant wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Is that always true?

There was a discussion a little while ago where someone was adamant that QGJ’s omicron was not like that. If there is a GL present then apparently the damage immunity, stealth and can’t be revived conditions are nullified even though they are in a separate sentence from the GL condition.

I think so but I don't remember every kit on top of my head, but as far as i can remember that is how every kit is written and has worked

The QGJ's second sentence doesn't get nullified just assume each sentence as a paragraph on its own, QGJ cannot get DI, stealth and can't be revived regardless of any GL present or not
  • Options
    Can’t CG just write for clarity assuming the reader has English as a second language?
  • Options
    Here's what I got as a response:
    mn6y3obxeha6.png
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Wrathe wrote: »

Or maybe 1v1 will come
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    Great job staying true to the character and giving it a chance to see more action. Don’t know if it’s worth 20 omicrons, do know it will probably cost some rounds failing solo fights, but awesome anyway. The boost when the opponent is alone is also a nice touch.
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    Options
    mn6y3obxeha6.png

Thanks for the clarification Doja!

Really appreaciate it
  • Bunk
    6 posts Member
    Options
    Wrathe wrote: »

Dear f-ing god, please no.
  • Options
    Huh, Rebels beware I guess? Maybe?
  • Options
    I can’t speak for OP but personally, I read the other thread and it was full of grumpy posts about semantic quibbles - it just didn’t seem to match the love I was feeling for the wampicron. So I thought I’d leave them to argue over where the comma should go in the description and just dance.
  • Tom1991
    28 posts Member
    Options
    mn6y3obxeha6.png

What about “Wampa gains +100% Tenacity. “ as that’s an extra stat but isn’t written as needing him to be alone but hasn’t been mentioned in their response.

• Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    About the +100% tenacity, I always forget: is it a flat bonus (so if i had 40%, now i have 140%) or a relative bonus (i had 40% now i it’s 80%). Same question for Potency and CC, basically for every % stat.
  • Options
    Flat bonus.

Although potency and tenacity are shown as % the way they work in game is not