Did Lord Vader get nerfed again?

Prev1
When going against JMK in Squad Arena, it seems like his damage has drastically decreased, particularly against GK. Has anyone else noticed this? I've lost twice in a row against a team I've never had trouble with. Below is a screenshot of his damage after 2 full ults, one with a full team, and another with only RG standing.nsqy4vkn6uce.jpg

Replies

• Options
    Situation normal for me. What was your team composition? And your opponent?
  • dantheman123
    67 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    nnv8oxja0955.jpg
    This was just after 2nd ultimate. JMK died on LV's next turn.

This was against JMK, GAS, GK, CAT, ahsoka
  • dantheman123
    67 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Another. Just after 2nd ultimate vs JMK, GAS, GK, CAT, ahsoka.
    qc9i9ts7emc3.jpg
    This is what usually happens- 1 or 2 teammates alive at the end.
  • Options
    Same team composition for me and my opponent - RG, Piett, DV, LV, Maul vs JMK, CAT, Ahsoka, GK, and GAS. The damage just seems particularly weak against GK for me now.
  • Options
    Is the GK r9, that could be the problem
  • Options
    LVs damage is reminiscent of that song from Encanto. Like a drip, drip, drip and it never stops. Woah.
  • Options
    R8 GK. Regardless, LV is having more and more counters discovered and really needs a major buff to compete at the top level.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Ryanh1315 wrote: »
    R8 GK. Regardless, LV is having more and more counters discovered and really needs a major buff to compete at the top level.

Pfft Lord Vader is fine, he only gets countered by imperial troopers (marquees), fennec BH (marauees), Sith Trio /w DV & Talon (1 raid + marauees) & others of much lesser investment.

I mean it’s not like he’s the most expensive galactic legend in the game who CG stated was a tier above the first 4 Galactic Legends when paired with his conquest unit…. oh wait.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

Pfft Lord Vader is fine, he only gets countered by imperial troopers (marquees), fennec BH (marauees), Sith Trio /w DV & Talon (1 raid + marauees) & others of much lesser investment.

I mean it’s not like he’s the most expensive galactic legend in the game who CG stated was a tier above the first 4 Galactic Legends when paired with his conquest unit…. oh wait.

At least Geos dont beat him (yet)
  • TargetEadu
    1565 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

At least Geos dont beat him (yet)

Too busy beating Rey.
  • Options
    Lord Vader is so bad. I accidentally loaded Asajj instead of Zombie in GAC today and still won with 59 banners.
  • Options
    Lord vader so bad,
    SEE getting rekt by GG,
    SLKR getting owned by JKR and JKL,
    JML getting owned by EP and mara jade.
    JMK getting demolished by Padme.
    Bugs and a murder bear owning Rey.
    Are you sure LV is that bad?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Lord vader so bad,
    SEE getting rekt by GG,

Yes.

SEE / SLKR / JML & Rey are all a tier below LV Maul & JMK Cat (CGs wording).

JMK getting “demolished by Padmé” requires characters that rip apart JMKs team, (Ahsoka, CAT, GK) & nerfs CLS’ team, (3PO), meaning it’s essentially pointless to do for most because of how high the investment is for the counter.

While LV, who again, is a tier above the first 4 GLs & the most expensive to unlock, gets countered by a marquee BH squad, marquee imp trooper squad, sith trio /w talon & DV (1 raid + 4 marquees).

So yeah I’m pre sure there’s something wrong with LV ngl
  • Options
    Since when are we taking the word of CG as fact? Lol
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

Lmao fair
  • Options
    Lord vader so bad,
    SEE getting rekt by GG,

Yes, he sucks!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    why are people so upset that teams can beat LV if you put him on defense? Has anyone tried him vs sith trio or imp troopers while on offense?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    why are people so upset that teams can beat LV if you put him on defense? Has anyone tried him vs sith trio or imp troopers while on offense?

No, because using a GL against two good, but not exactly meta teams is wasteful. Plus you never see them on defence anyway.
    Would anyone invest in a GL to beat those squads?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

No, because using a GL against two good, but not exactly meta teams is wasteful. Plus you never see them on defence anyway.

oh, you never see those teams on defense? Because they are far better on offense and not great on defense, right?
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

oh, you never see those teams on defense? Because they are far better on offense and not great on defense, right?

I understood your original point and agree with it to a certain extent. What I find hard to understand however is why the hardest to acquire character in the game is beaten so easily on defence that it's only really an offence character. And why you seem to think that's OK.

I think people were more accepting (eventually) of SEE being really just an attacking GL as he's relatively cheap. LV isn't - and isn't good enough, IMO.
  • Options

Are you seriously comparing a GL (and the most recent AND expensive GL to date) with a 4 year old team and a f2p team with 1 - 3 marquees? With those standards a GL performing as well as a standard palp team seems worthwhile to you?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Are you seriously comparing a GL (and the most recent AND expensive GL to date) with a 4 year old team and a f2p team with 1 - 3 marquees? With those standards a GL performing as well as a standard palp team seems worthwhile to you?

No
  • Options
    JMK and his team take 20% less damage while kenobi is on the high ground also you can’t critically hit the team while they have protection up. But that’s nothing new. LV just sucks as an attacker. He would be better called a tank.
  • WattoisSnoke
    244 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    If they wanted to make him an attacker and make his Ult as effective as JMK, this is what I’d do… on his basic, instead of just having it damage again, it have it deal damage a third time once he has 60 stacks of underestimated and while in Ult, attack again (like GAS) and gain offence up. For his second special, have it deal +10% damage for each DoT on the enemy (like Vader), increase the heal to 1% for each stack of underestimated and make his buff/healing immunity undispellable. For his 2nd special, double the mastery gain while in Ult. Also, when used at 100%, have him gain 100% mastery for each ally instead of 75%. It would all help him ramp up quicker at least.

Alternatively, have his kit interact much more with DoTs since he inflicts them so much, gain mastery based on them as well or something but don’t make them undispellable as some have suggested since it would be waaaaay too op with how many he dishes out.
  • Options
    Since when are we taking YT videos that don’t show the mods of the opposing team as fact?
    Lord vader so bad,
    SEE getting rekt by GG,

Oh. Since now.
  • Options
    Since when are we taking YT videos that don’t show the mods of the opposing team as fact?
    Lord vader so bad,
    SEE getting rekt by GG,

Oh. Since now.

agavpc6dm5mi.jpg
    aov0765pf36t.jpg
    https://swgoh.gg/gac/counters/GLREY/?season=24&cutoff=0&a_lead=GENERALSKYWALKER&sort=win_percentage
    Numbers dont lie, you got a problem with youtubers? dont watch them lol
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Lord vader so bad,
    SEE getting rekt by GG,

Oh. Since now.

agavpc6dm5mi.jpg
    aov0765pf36t.jpg
    https://swgoh.gg/gac/counters/GLREY/?season=24&cutoff=0&a_lead=GENERALSKYWALKER&sort=win_percentage

For the 1st, the win percentage is a as low as 54%. Not something I'd count on to win GAC.

In the second, there are like 15 instances of each battle. Very fringe cases, and as darjelos eluded to, we can't see mods or any other factors. It's very far from proving these are legitimate counters.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Lord vader so bad,
    SEE getting rekt by GG,

Oh. Since now.

agavpc6dm5mi.jpg
    aov0765pf36t.jpg

For the 1st, the win percentage is a as low as 54%. Not something I'd count on to win GAC.

In the second, there are like 15 instances of each battle. Very fringe cases, and as darjelos eluded to, we can't see mods or any other factors. It's very far from proving these are legitimate counters.

The info is there, the numbers are there, do with it as it pleases you
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Lord vader so bad,
    SEE getting rekt by GG,

Oh. Since now.

agavpc6dm5mi.jpg
    aov0765pf36t.jpg

The info is there, the numbers are there, do with it as it pleases you

I'll do nothing, as they show nothing.