Free Crystals or Reversed Trade?

So I see the announcement that we can 'receive' the crystals that were accidentally spent, but nowhere does it state that they will reverse the trade, or remove the items that were bought.

I only got 4 Dash Rendar shards from this accident before I noticed that something was wrong.

I can live with that, but if others are getting free crystals AND character shards, I'd like to get in on that.

Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    Thats the part your worried about?
    hello
  • Options
    :o
  • Options
    Who's worried?

I just want to know if I should adjust my playing style to intentionally make more mistakes, to get more rewards.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Another I want free stuff person. I'm shocked.
  • Options
    Excuse me?

I don't want anything for me. I'm fine. But for fairness, I want them to either let it be, without refunds, or reverse the purchases if so desired by the player.

What I don't want is some people getting things they don't deserve and others getting nothing.

• Options
    This guy can’t be serious…
  • mariogsh
    791 posts Member
    Options
    Oh no!
    You are 4 shards ahead of us on Dash's farm!

What are we going to do?
  • Options
    You don't think reversing the trade is a more appropriate solution than just undoing half of the transaction?

It's not about the 4 shards or a few hundred crystals. It's about the principle of handling things the appropriate way and proper game design. It's also about playing the devil's advocate, to help improve the system, and to show the Devs that throwing game resources at us is not a solution that everyone agrees with, especially when done unfairly.

I do get that reversing the trade is slightly more complicated for support to handle than just handing out crystals, but why force support to handle this debacle at all? It should have been solved in game, to prevent it from happening again.

After a purchase, they could simply offer a 'Refund' button until the shop refreshes, instead of just fading out the item like they do now, and as long as you have the item, just reverse the trade if you click that button, and unfade the item to make you able to buy it again, in case you refunded by mistake.

That's five minutes of code there, putting everything in the player's control, without ever having to involve customer support, potentially saving CG a buck.

You're welcome.
  • jloff
    42 posts Member
    Options
    I am one of those who made a few accidental purchases to the tune of 2000+ crystals. It's not a simple matter of jumping into a chat session and 2mins later getting crystals back. I had to submit a ticket and then an EA support person requested proof of purchase so I'm still having to jump through hoops trying to get them back.

At the end of the day maybe I'll get the crystals refunded and get to keep the 32x IG11 shards but that's hardly giving me a competitive edge over everyone else and I'd rather be in the position of not having to do this at all.

I had all but given up and assumed I'd lost 2k crystals, so at least CG are acknowledging the issue and attempting to make up for it.