Serious Customer Support problems - CG needs to escalate this

Fizz_El
14 posts Member
So CG makes a change that leads to unintended Crystal purchases. Like many, I took a screen shot and raised a Customer Support ticket as soon as I could....

... spent a long time with Cust Support chat, to be told he would look into it...

... and then nothing. Issue was "closed" from their side with no reply to me.

So I opened another ticket after CG posted the developer forum post saying they would refund the unitended purchase of crystals, referred to my old case number, spent 50 mins with Cust Support chat.... to have that session time out, and start again with someone else....

... so here I am now over an hour on chat....
1. They have the full details
2. They have screen shot showing the unintended purpose
3. I have confirmed my details now multiple times
4. I have given them the link to CG's post and even the text that clearly states:

We also recognize that players may have accidentally purchased these items out of habit. If you unintentionally made Crystal purchases from the top 4 slots that were previously for Credits, please contact support to receive the Crystals you spent on these items.
NOTE: This is limited to 4 crystal purchases made in Shipments on 3/2/2022.

Apparently this is still not enough and it has to be escalated to the "team".... which after 20 minutes of more waiting tells me....

Refund will be made... but this was way too long for a simple, well documented case...

What would it have taken if this was complex? or there was missing information?

Replies

• Options
    It seems like CG forgot to give EA the heads up on this refund policy. Communication fail. Shocking.
  • Options
    How are people getting into chats with Customer Support? Sounds dismal, but I can't even get that far :(
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    How are people getting into chats with Customer Support? Sounds dismal, but I can't even get that far :(

Go into your bathroom, light a candle, look in mirror and say "bloody CG" 3 times.
  • Options
    Fizz_El wrote: »
    Apparently this is still not enough and it has to be escalated to the "team".... which after 20 minutes of more waiting tells me....

Refund will be made... but this was way too long for a simple, well documented case...

Yeah, don't hold your breath just because they said "refund will be made". I've had a few back and forth with customer support. Each time it's a different person responding. The distance between any one of those responses and actually getting the crystals in my inbox has been a bungee cord - the closest one being the third email ("we can only refund one of the purchases so please pick one"), and the furthest one being the seventh ("please submit a ticket through the in-game help").
  • Fizz_El
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Simply put - extremely poor customer support for a game that makes a lot of profit, and for a company (EA) that has a huge reputation.
  • Ryconnan
    168 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Go into your bathroom, light a candle, look in mirror and say "bloody CG" 3 times.

Funniest thing I have seen in some time!
  • Options
    for a company (EA) that has a huge reputation.

Huge reputation?
    Huge bad reputation maybe. Everybody knowd EA is one of the worst companies ever, continuously trying to rip off their customers (eg the microtransaction fiasco), securing the customers data badly (database hacks), not doing anything against cheaters, very unprofessional support lines, making a fortune only by abusing customers nostalgia for a particular game IP, instead of doing anytging creative.

Nope, their customer support is exactly as expected.
  • Options
    Simply put - extremely poor customer support for a game that makes a lot of profit, and for a company (EA) that has a huge reputation.

How do think they make profit. Minimum staff. Minimum customer service. They know their business 😉
  • Options
    I’ve had the same problem. I clicked on the link and gave them my info. They asked me for my Xbox or origin ID. I gave them even more info and then they asked for a in game ticket. So I made 3 (I have 3 accounts). They then asked me for my email and my Xbox ID. I’m just going in circles at this point. I sent them one last email with all my tickets ally codes player ids. I’m guessing at this point I’m not getting my crystals back
  • Options
    All of the above! I’m now being asked for my PSN Username, Xbox Gamertag and Origin ID.

This, despite me telling them twice which game I’m playing and pointing them at Doja’s reply on the forum

Not good enough EA/CG
  • Options
    I'd just give up - I did, just went around in circles. The whales won't care if they accidentally spent a few crystals, and let's be honest, they are the only ones they care about. I just sleep easy knowing I've never spent a cent on the game, so I expect nothing
    Discord - Raegadyn#1451 / swgoh.gg - swgoh.gg/p/964325534/
  • Jooms
    74 posts Member
    Options
    On the contrary for me, I clicked on the link they provided. I entered a chat with support, provided my ally code. It did take a while but was told they were allowed to make a one time refund exception and I was not only refunded the 1280 crystals I spent but also had a 1000 crystal inconvenience gift in my inbox. Definitely worth a shot if you have half hour to kill to spend on chat with them
  • Options
    Jooms wrote: »
    On the contrary for me, I clicked on the link they provided. I entered a chat with support, provided my ally code. It did take a while but was told they were allowed to make a one time refund exception and I was not only refunded the 1280 crystals I spent but also had a 1000 crystal inconvenience gift in my inbox. Definitely worth a shot if you have half hour to kill to spend on chat with them
    Just curious...HOW did you spend 1280 crystals "by accident"?
    And BTW...had TWO issues with customer support...both times i didnt have access to "real time chat", not sure if due to my region or the time i tried to contact them. Left explanation on chat, 8h later all was sorted out...(but got no gift :( )
  • Jooms
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    Jooms wrote: »
    Just curious...HOW did you spend 1280 crystals "by accident"?
    And BTW...had TWO issues with customer support...both times i didnt have access to "real time chat", not sure if due to my region or the time i tried to contact them. Left explanation on chat, 8h later all was sorted out...(but got no gift :( )

Because 32 shards of armorer cost 1280 crystals in the shop and it was accidently clicked on and purchased because cg moved the credit purchases down