Perseverance or thermal detonator conquest disk

Decicrim
233 posts Member
I actually have a decent choice of my disk after first 4 battles.

My first time doing hard mode.

I have choice
perseverance (attach out of turn again)
Thermal exhaust (every 5 debuff inflict 2 detonator)

I’m torn, thermal detonator has done me so well with bossk BH almost immortal to 10% stamina.

But the perseverance could serve very handy with my imperial troopers. (If I can make it to sector 4 LV)

Both teams are mid relic (5-7), other than than I have both JKR and DR teams both at r5s

Any advise on which route you guys think would be best is appreciated

Replies

• TargetEadu
    1578 posts Member
    Options
    Detonators are usually more useful, as Perseverence really cuts down your damage if you’re not using assists with that 30% reduction.
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    Options
    Whenever thermal exhaust is available I always going for it even if I already have two. Think it’s best disk available
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Only problem with dots, is they don't count toward kill feats. Keep that in mind, if those feats are important to you.
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    Whenever thermal exhaust is available I always going for it even if I already have two. Think it’s best disk available
    I thought it didn't stack ... or is it ?
  • Options
    I think the perseverance disk is now a decrease in performance for almost every team.

Each toon can only get 1 extra assist for each of its turn it takes. It only gets that extra attack when it is called out of its own turn.

So even a mon mothma team for example:
    HRS shoots and calls all allies to assist. They all assist twice with -30% damage from the disk, so 140% normal. MM heals twice.
    HRS 70% damage vs 100% damage without disk
    Pao 140% vs 100%
    KK 140% vs 100%
    Cara 140% vs 100%
    Next pao calls assist. Pao doesn't attack so falls behind. HRS gets 2 attacks the rest 1, so accumulated is
    HRS 210% vs 200%
    Pao 140% vs 100%
    KK 210% vs 200%
    Cara 210% vs 200%
    Next KK attacks. Pao gets 2 as he has had a turn.
    HRS 280% vs 300%
    Pao 280% vs 200%
    KK 280% vs 300%
    Cara 280% vs 300%
    Next Cara attacks. KK gets 2 as he has had a turn.
    HRS 350% vs 400%
    Pao 350% vs 300%
    KK 420% vs 400%
    Cara 350% vs 400%
    Next MM takes a turn Cara gets 2 as she had a turn.
    HRS 420% vs 500%
    Pao 420% vs 400%
    KK 490% vs 500%
    Cara 490% vs 500%
    We'll finish with scout again to finish the cycle. No one gets a second attack. MM heals twice.
    HRS 490% vs 600%
    Pao 490% vs 500%
    KK 560% vs 600%
    Cara 560% vs 600%

So after a full round of turns no one has done more damage.

Admittedly this is simplified, as TM interactions throw this turn order out, but I was just trying to show a full team cycle to demonstrate the damage effects. Yes some attacks do more or less based on damaging attacks from the current toon, but I'm just comparing what the toon would have done vs what it did with perseverance.

The only benefit to the disk is if you are after the other effects from a basic one more time per cycle. Maybe with a MM team the scout bonus tm chance is worth it?

I think with other teams where the out of turns are less reliable this disk would be much worse. Like in a trooper team the random assist might be the same toon, or not.