Nightsister Initiate vs. Savage Opress

Bax_Itara
96 posts Member
edited April 2016
So, I tried using Nightsister Initiate's Severing Strike to keep Savage from getting his buffs, but it appears that SO gets his buffs from being hit before NI's buff immunity is applied.

I think this is an issue in timing similar to QGJ's Humbling Blow. SO gets hit and gets his buffs, and then QGJ removes it for offense up.

If they fix the timing of the attack with QGJ and Savage, will this also fix the timing for NS Initiate?

Replies

• Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    It would fix that but break other things like stuns vs counter attacks.
  • Gwonk
    239 posts Member
    Options
    He gets the buff on that hit, but not future ones as long as the debuff is active. Good enough to take him down anyway.
  • Options
    Naugrin wrote: »
    It would fix that but break other things like stuns vs counter attacks.

I don't think it would break counter attacks. Stuns and counter attacks are based on the attacker's stun being applied before the defending characters counter attack ability. Based on that, NI's buff immunity, as the attacking ability, should be applied before the defender, SO, has his buff ability activate.

So overall, I'm looking for the attacker's ability to be applied in all cases before a defending character's ability kicks in.

Stun then counter attack (except can't because stunned)
    QGJ humbling blow, nothing removed, then SO buff
    NI Severing strike, buff immunity applied, then SO buff (except blocked)
  • Krak
    68 posts Member
    Options
    like many things in this game initiates special is buggy, sometimes it applies first, sometimes not, some buffs it will prevent, some it will not
This discussion has been closed.