Why Are You Guys Buffing JMK?

Prev13
SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited March 2022
Mace Windus rework is definitely insane, but all this is doing is making JMK significantly better as Mace can easily replace GK and heavily boost up the team (outside of JMK mirrors ofc).

Crumb said that there’s currently no changes or buffs planned for Lord Vader, and yet they go ahead and make JMK even more superior when he’s already the best GL in the game by a mile.
Post edited by SemiGod on

Replies

• Options
    Watch the climax scene of revenge of the sith one my favorite Star Wars movie and ye shall learn padawan
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Watch the climax scene of revenge of the sith one my favorite Star Wars movie and ye shall learn padawan

Swgoh is as good with lore as DC is with continuity in their cinematic universe
  • Options

Awesome, I’ll throw my SEE against SLKR and solo in one move… ridiculous excuse!
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

Awesome, I’ll throw my SEE against SLKR and solo in one move… ridiculous excuse!

I’ll throw my solo SEE against a SEE team and watch as SEE solos SEE, just like the movies!
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Mace Windus rework is definitely insane, but all this is doing is making JMK significantly better as Mace can easily replace GK and heavily boost up the team (outside of JMK mirrors ofc).

Crumb said that there’s currently no changes or buffs planned for Lord Vader, and yet they go ahead and make JMK even more superior when he’s already the best GL in the game by a mile.

So CAT can't just remove Mace from the battle? Not really sure how this makes them all that better.

Honestly I don't see how the guy that beats everything gets stronger by this. It does however allow for creation of another team. If anything I think KAM is the big winner. You pull out GK and CAT, and insert Mace and Kam.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I mean, if the community wants a GR Jedi to be reworked into a good unit, it will end up buffing JMK, since all GR units that are currently in the game, reworked into being better, will buff JMK

This is like complaining that GR units shouldn't be stronger anymore, or don't release new ones that have good kits

You need to accept LV's position in the meta
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I mean, if the community wants a GR Jedi to be reworked into a good unit, it will end up buffing JMK, since all GR units that are currently in the game, reworked into being better, will buff JMK

This is like complaining that GR units shouldn't be stronger anymore, or don't release new ones that have good kits

Right so if the community wants a GR Jedi to be reworked, accept that it’ll buff the strongest GL even more so but if we want LV buffed, too bad just accept him as it is. Top management there ;)
  • Options
    Just wait til we get all the inquisitors added to the game. That'll probably be when lord vader gets his chance
  • Black_ray_of_hope
    96 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Good question.

While I agree with buffing the most OP team is nonsense and even unnecessarily hurtful for the health of the game (power creep), I don't want LV buff either.
    LV is still stronger than SEE GL. And he looks absolutely trash anyway. I don't want a Jedi Consular to kill everything. Also, Darth Vader should clearly be superior, since DV = LV + years of training and jedi hunting.
    Post edited by Black_ray_of_hope on
  • Options
    Good question.

While I agree with buffing the most OP team is nonsense and even unnecessarily hurtful for the health of the game (power creep), I don't want LV buff either.
    LV is still stronger than SEE GL. And he looks absolutely trash anyway. I don't want a Jedi Consular to kill everything. Also, Darth Vader should clearly be superior, since DV = LV + years of training and jedi hunting.

#1, not wanting him buffed because you don’t like the look of him is utterly ridiculous.
    #2, yes this is true, suited Vader is faaaaar superior to LV but this game couldn’t care less about lore. If they went screw it and made a DV GL as well, then we’d be fine but as it stands, LV is the GL and should be a ton better than the boring stain he is now. How an Empire GL doesn’t make amazing toons like Thrawn, Moff etc much better than as a faction leader, CG have done a trash job.
  • Druckhombre
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Mace's new kit relies on TM gain and manipulation....JMK shuts that down effectively neutering Mace's kit. Lets see him in the game and how his kit truly works before jumping to conclusions. Right now its just words on paper
  • HeroWithNoFear
    59 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

So fennec, bossk, mando, greef, zam can one shot lord vader, maul, darth vader, royal guard, thrawn and that's ok ?
    GALACTIC LEGEND with CONQUEST COUNTERPART can easily slapped by marquee character, Sith Trio, Imp Troopers.

I think you need to accept that LV needs a Huge BUFF or Rework

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Mace's new kit relies on TM gain and manipulation....JMK shuts that down effectively neutering Mace's kit. Lets see him in the game and how his kit truly works before jumping to conclusions. Right now its just words on paper

Mace is superior to GK even if u exclude the TM manipulation from the basic & first special.

- Basic: Ability block / 5% max health damage / health recovery when under 50% health

- Special 1: Buff dispel & stun (with shatter point)

- Special 2: Assist + TM Swap (works under JMK) & protection recovery

- Unique 1: Extra HP for him / constant counter attacks / constant taunt effect on himself

- Unique 2 (excluding omi): Extra offense for him / stealth dispel & speed down on 1 enemy & shatter point

Shatterpoint: Permanent HP / Defense / Offense reduction by 10% & forced taunt & mass prot recovery + mass evasion up.

Seems like mace is pretty op even without his TM manipulation abilities to me tbh.
  • Options
    Where is Mace's new kit? I haven't seen it.
  • Options
    Hynesy twitch stream and presumably he has put it on you tube as well. Ahnald youtube as well, probably others.

Anyway, I have a question on the kit.

With shatterpoint it says toons can ignore taunt to target that unit. In a mirror match (or if it comes into other kits) could they also ignore resilient defense (which is supposed to be a type of taunt)?
  • Options

Nope! We wanted a GG rework eventually we got one. We wanted a mace windu 5 years later we got one. LV needs one more than both of them combine. He is the most resource heavy out of all of them and even with maul on the team he can be beaten by a non gl and non omnicron team multiple in fact. At this point I would not consider LV a GL. He is utter trash and I want my money back or a rework.
  • Options

Mace is superior to GK even if u exclude the TM manipulation from the basic & first special.

- Basic: Ability block / 5% max health damage / health recovery when under 50% health

- Special 1: Buff dispel & stun (with shatter point)

- Special 2: Assist + TM Swap (works under JMK) & protection recovery

- Unique 1: Extra HP for him / constant counter attacks / constant taunt effect on himself

- Unique 2 (excluding omi): Extra offense for him / stealth dispel & speed down on 1 enemy & shatter point

Shatterpoint: Permanent HP / Defense / Offense reduction by 10% & forced taunt & mass prot recovery + mass evasion up.

Seems like mace is pretty op even without his TM manipulation abilities to me tbh.

His armor is trash though. Not sure he’ll be able to hold the line as gk did.
  • Options
    Whaleathon wrote: »

Nope! We wanted a GG rework eventually we got one. We wanted a mace windu 5 years later we got one. LV needs one more than both of them combine. He is the most resource heavy out of all of them and even with maul on the team he can be beaten by a non gl and non omnicron team multiple in fact. At this point I would not consider LV a GL. He is utter trash and I want my money back or a rework.

upmi8grcjmih.jpg

Total trash. Tell that to my 9.8mil gp opponent with 45 +25 speed mods (he ultimately beat me...)
  • Options
    They have two ways to fix a balancing issue in the game:
    1. Change a kit, they have done multiple times over the years ( zombie…)
    2. Adding a toon that will transform a team to be way much stronger. They did that with conquest toon ( CAT, maul….)

If they annonce that LV will not be modified, then expect to have a option #2 soon that will end forever the famous slkr daka zombie vs LV.

They will always prefer #2 option.

But The things that I would like to be fix is the fact that see can’t link a solo toon. This is a very bad ability fonction and it’s difficult to understand why they did this. See solo or slkr solo vs a full see sith team let me a little upset and should be fix in my point of view.

• Options
    Good question.

expzrh77hv7l.jpg

And the myth of see continues...
  • Options
    hlcftvr0u22h.jpg

And that's not even a strong team to give him
  • thedrjojo
    955 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Edit, scratch that thought
  • Options

It's been 60 days from the first LV post by CG.
    What Crumb said in Hynesys stream is unacceptable.
    "He said we're double checking. Month or two ago Lord Vader performing really well. Fennec came out and LV is not good as he was. If we are looking at it even more than just like a okay we actually went deeper into this we'll let you know. Right now nothing on the cards for Lord Vader."
    So what a logic, it's not about fennec. LORD VADERs crit immunity from lead was bugged and you fixed it. This is the characters original state. What about SITH TRIO ? IMP TROOPERS ? What he need is a HUGE BUFF or REWORK not monitoring the problem kind of thing.
    Ranger confessed "Lord Vader is not performing as intended. But we'll get it fixed right."
    Marquee
    Journey
    GL
    GL w/ Conquest Counterpart
    That's the statement you made, no marquee or sith trio type of squad can beat REY, SLKR, JMK.
    No other than a GL can beat JMK with CAT.
    Thats the problem, JMK and LV are pair. But while JMK's only counter was a GL and it's not consistent SEE, SLKR can beat but not consistent they did even buff JMK more against SEE ignore protection, remove stealth.
    While JMK does this Lord Vader suffers enormously. Lord Vader can be countered by SLKR nightsister cheese. When SEE done something like that to JMK they immediately not nerfed SEE, NIGHTSISTERS or anything They BUFFED JMK he can now remove stealth and ignore protection. But when it comes to Lord Vader they are monitoring but not thinking about to buff Lord Vader. Just make a refund then, give everyone who owns Lord Vader their currency back.
    We invested in this character so much and we are punished by getting it. So many GAC, TW, Crystals and because Lord Vader is not at the state he should be, looking at your statement. We are losing Crystals , Resources. BUFF or REWORK Lord Vader there is no other way.
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

• Options
    Anyone complaining about mace getting a rework after years of CG telling us “no, not worth it” need to SEE themselves out 😂, ok I couldn’t help myself.

Mace with JMK is going to be meaningless against mirror matches honestly. He’s going to get deleted ASAP when he replaces GK.

Honestly I’m excited to see his potential in a GR jedi lineup under QGJ lead and how that could have massive offensive potential in GAC and under a Padme team in TW. It honestly is gonna be interesting and awesome
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Anyone complaining about mace getting a rework after years of CG telling us “no, not worth it” need to SEE themselves out 😂, ok I couldn’t help myself.

Mace with JMK is going to be meaningless against mirror matches honestly. He’s going to get deleted ASAP when he replaces GK.

Honestly I’m excited to see his potential in a GR jedi lineup under QGJ lead and how that could have massive offensive potential in GAC and under a Padme team in TW. It honestly is gonna be interesting and awesome

Not complaining that he’s getting a rework, just that LV needs a buff as well.
    As for me, in GAC it’ll be QGJ, KAM, Windu, JKA and random GR Jedi. Should be deadly.
  • Options
    Seems the game is about to shut down as the prophets did proclaim, 'When Mace gets buffed, the game is stuffed.'
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Not complaining that he’s getting a rework, just that LV needs a buff as well.
    As for me, in GAC it’ll be QGJ, KAM, Windu, JKA and random GR Jedi. Should be deadly.

The question is what’s the best? I think Zarris would be something quite scary to keep survivability up just in case JKA gets stunned or fractured or something. That’s gonna be fun IMO.

For TW, I think a Padme team would be something interesting.
  • GaCvet
    77 posts Member
    Options

If the amount of investment for JMK and LV were reversed I do not think anyone would argue we need to accept his place but JMK was nearly given to endgame players while LV had such an investment it makes it hard to stay quiet about his place in the current landscape.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Jefferx wrote: »
    They have two ways to fix a balancing issue in the game:
    1. Change a kit, they have done multiple times over the years ( zombie…)
    2. Adding a toon that will transform a team to be way much stronger. They did that with conquest toon ( CAT, maul….)

If they annonce that LV will not be modified, then expect to have a option #2 soon that will end forever the famous slkr daka zombie vs LV.

They will always prefer #2 option.

But The things that I would like to be fix is the fact that see can’t link a solo toon. This is a very bad ability fonction and it’s difficult to understand why they did this. See solo or slkr solo vs a full see sith team let me a little upset and should be fix in my point of view.

But the issue is that by fixing one thing, they create other stupid problems
  • Options

The thing I see with it is that Mace as a tank will end up taunting under JMK. That means he can't have his resilient defense buff because they can't happen at the same time if I remember right? It'll be something interesting to see, but I'm looking at Mace with starkiller or other Jedi (maybe even with JKL?)