Mace Rework Question

The Mace rework looks interesting but given the recent track record of releases I feel we need to ask, and get answers to, the following questions:
1) Has it been properly tested?
2) Will it be nerfed as soon as we've applied additional resources into it?
@cg_doja_fett_mini @cg_miller

Replies

• Options
    1) no
    2) maybe
  • Options
    1) It's new stuff by CG, they neverever testing anything.

2) Of course, normal CG way to handle absolutly unexpected effects (no testing...)
  • Options
    They tested and it’s all good. The testing didn’t involve gl’s or anything meta though.
  • Options
    They tested and it’s all good. The testing didn’t involve gl’s or anything meta though.

If it wasn't tested against any GLs or meta squads then it wasn't tested!
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »

If it wasn't tested against any GLs or meta squads then it wasn't tested!

Welcome to CG testing!
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    1) Absolutely not, or at least not against any meta squads.
    2) Depending on how powerful it is. Since CG doesn’t test, they’ll just wait for the players to test it for them, then decide on a nerf or not.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    2) Depending on how powerful it is. Since CG doesn’t test, they’ll just wait for the players to test it for them, then decide on a nerf or not.

Other than genuinely wanting the answers from CG, I'm asking because my local MP is in a parliamentary group which is looking at the wider gaming industry's practices, in particular with regards to "loot boxes" and "in-game currencies/purchases", and whether there should be similar safeguards to purchases made with actual money in terms of consumer protection rights, so if CG are going to keep on releasing units into the game, allowing significant investment in them (including via Crystal spending) and then subsequently nerfing them it leans right up against the consumer protections (i.e. product received not as advertised at time of purchase) which they are looking to enforce.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    1-) No, the ammount of bugs and "not expected" Interactions that Always happens it's a proof that this app doesn't have any Tester.

2-) It follows the traditional cadence, so be sure they plan to nerf it
    Post edited by PumaK on
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    1) of course they don’t, otherwise Ranger (the “beta tester”) wouldn’t have gotten super angry when people said CG doesn’t

2) There’s a better chance he’s nerfed without a refund than there is of him staying the same. (Vader got massively nerfed, QGJ omi got nerfed massively).
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »

Other than genuinely wanting the answers from CG, I'm asking because my local MP is in a parliamentary group which is looking at the wider gaming industry's practices, in particular with regards to "loot boxes" and "in-game currencies/purchases", and whether there should be similar safeguards to purchases made with actual money in terms of consumer protection rights, so if CG are going to keep on releasing units into the game, allowing significant investment in them (including via Crystal spending) and then subsequently nerfing them it leans right up against the consumer protections (i.e. product received not as advertised at time of purchase) which they are looking to enforce.

Gang canny. I got a warning email from the mods for mentioning the parliamentary enquiry into loot boxes when the consultation was open back in 2020 (I’d suggested players might want to share their experience) - so CG seem a bit sensitive on the subject.

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    They definitely do testing. But it's afterwards, and they call it "investigation."
  • Options
    Not even released and they're already changing his kit!
  • Options
    The Mace rework looks interesting but given the recent track record of releases I feel we need to ask, and get answers to, the following questions:

1) In my lifetime?? Get real!!

2) of course! It's CG tradition. We get a couple of days to enjoy the OP version before CG takes the nerf gun to it.
  • Options
    LordGrahck wrote: »

1) In my lifetime?? Get real!!

2) of course! It's CG tradition. We get a couple of days to enjoy the OP version before CG takes the nerf gun to it.

They literally just nerfed it (Dev posts)
    It's beyond me why anybody wants to pay them for stuff anymore. Trashy move cg.
  • Options
    TBH I’m glad they said the change beforehand instead of just letting it be for a week and then changing it. On the other hand, it’s happened again, and who knows if the ingame version will be fixed or not.

Sigh.