matchmaking in GAC is broken and unfair.

Hieroglyphics
16 posts Member
edited December 2023
The matchmaking in GAC is still broken I'm 3.2M getting bullied by like 5.5M GP in bronzium and my guildmate who is in carbonite is having the same issue;and we even faced people with 2-4 GLs. These have been common occurrences. people are sandbagging their rating purposely to go to the lower levels make lower GP players experience more miserable and bully or have consistent crystal rewards from 1st place rewards.

solution: everyone says bring back the GP brackets in GAC that's one solution. I think a simpler solution is to make each bracket of carbonite, bronzium, chromium, aurodiam etc. and the 1 through 5's have a GP that is the ideal CG recommends that higher GP's can not infiltrate lower brackets but would allow skillful players of lower GP to punch up but if knocked down they go back down as long as their GP is not above the threshold net sort of speak.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Usually the higher GP accounts are there because they haven’t been playing GAC. If your opponent usually auto deploys, it’s a good sign that they aren’t really participating, and you should have a good chance at a win.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    I don't say bring back the gp brackets. So not everyone.

If you put in your 1 way gp brackets you will hit impossible walls of players anyway. Probably much worse, or even impossible to get past.
  • Options
    GP brackets were awful, I don’t know why anyone would advocate its return
  • Options
    GP brackets were awful, I don’t know why anyone would advocate its return

i did really well with them and even i like this better
    hello
  • Options
    Xcien wrote: »
    Usually the higher GP accounts are there because they haven’t been playing GAC. If your opponent usually auto deploys, it’s a good sign that they aren’t really participating, and you should have a good chance at a win.

not always the case. I barely have 10 g13 and this guy i'm facing has JKL and every team available and executioner and pretty much every journey character unlocked with like 30 relic characters and another 30 g12 characters. It's not always a win and the guy just wiped my board. why should a 3.2M player have to face someone with a 5.6M GP in bronzium. This is straight up unfair no matter how good I utilize my teams I cannot beat that. I'm running into this week or every other week and my guildie who is in carbonite is fighting ppl with smiliar GPs who have GLs.
  • Options
    The matchmaking in GAC is still broken I'm 3.2M getting bullied by like 5.5M GP in bronzium and my guildmate who is in carbonite is having the same issue;and we even faced people with 2-4 GLs. These have been common occurrences. people are sandbagging their rating purposely to go to the lower levels make lower GP players experience more miserable and bully or have consistent crystal rewards from 1st place rewards.

Sorry that it feels like this but I’m afraid you can’t assert the player is bullying you or sandbagging - and if you do, you’ll just develop a persecution complex which won’t help you in any way. All you know is that they have a stronger roster. Good. Take your best shot. Take your whupping. Get up off the mat, bow and say arigato gozaimashita for the lesson. You have had the chance to learn from having a pop at some strong squads. They have learned nothing - but as to why they choose this path? There’s nothing to gain from trying to guess.

This is the way

• Options
    The matchmaking in GAC is still broken I'm getting bullied

I don't see how "bullying" is possible
  • Options

way to have selective reading. high-level GP players are dropping on purpose to bully and smurf low-level players. If you don't know what smurfing means in gaming go google it.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

way to have selective reading. high-level GP players are dropping on purpose to bully and smurf low-level players. If you don't know what smurfing means in gaming go google it.

"Bullying" implies intent to specifically mess with *you*, which is really not the case. Any higher GP players that are dropping on purpose just want *an* easy match, not an easy match against *you*.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

"Bullying" implies intent to specifically mess with *you*, which is really not the case. Any higher GP players that are dropping on purpose just want *an* easy match, not an easy match against *you*.

fact is me and my guildies are in bronzium and carbonite i'm playing against someone right now who has 49 relic characters and 50 g12 characters vs me who has 10 g13 characters and 20 g12 characters. he's got 2.5M more gp than me that's a fact 1+1=2 if you think it's ok for a player of this caliber to be smurfing (if you don't know what it means in gaming google it) players in bronzium and in carbonite you are completely autisic-o and need your brain examined.

I didn't once say you weren't being matched against someone with a significantly higher GP, so "facts is facts" all you want. It doesn't make them bullies and it doesn't make the MM broken.

they are smurfing which is basically bullying lower level GP

smurfing in gaming - Smurfing in video games is the act of intentionally playing in a skill bracket below a player's actual rank. People who do this are called smurfs. The idea is that playing against lower-skilled players can be a good source of training or way to boost a wounded ego.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

fact is me and my guildies are in bronzium and carbonite i'm playing against someone right now who has 49 relic characters and 50 g12 characters vs me who has 10 g13 characters and 20 g12 characters. he's got 2.5M more gp than me that's a fact 1+1=2 if you think it's ok for a player of this caliber to be smurfing (if you don't know what it means in gaming google it) players in bronzium and in carbonite you are completely autisic-o and need your brain examined.

I didn't once say you weren't being matched against someone with a significantly higher GP, so "facts is facts" all you want. It doesn't make them bullies and it doesn't make the MM broken.

smurfing in gaming - Smurfing in video games is the act of intentionally playing in a skill bracket below a player's actual rank. People who do this are called smurfs. The idea is that playing against lower-skilled players can be a good source of training or way to boost a wounded ego.

I understand what smurfing is. Didn't ask for an explanation and didn't need one. Just because they are trying to get easier matches by playing those with lower GP's does not mean they are bullying anyone.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Stop arguing about the intent, and focus on the effect. You might actually have an argument that way.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Stop arguing about the intent, and focus on the effect. You might actually have an argument that way.

ok people are intentionally lurking in the lower brackets trolling and smurfing lower level players it's like a max level and geared character in wow going to goldshire and stomping people or a glad level/maxed gear playing tanking his/her rating to go stomp on people at the lower levels, or how about a bronze/siler player gets matched up with a master/grandmaster player in starcraft, or a bronze/silver player playing a challenger player in LoL. The EFFECT from any of these examples is that it ruins a player's game experience that it makes a player frustrated, not having fun, and denies them a fair competitive game experience, and discourages players from even wanting to play or que up anymore; people I know are just straight up done with GAC and giving up and never queing up again and I'm pretty close to that point. I see it in the comments of popular youtube streamers when the topic of matchmaking comes up of players who are also getting horribly mismatched with drastic GP difference or even against 2-4 GLs with a 2-3M or more GP difference. It's no fun, and discouraging knowing you're entering a match that is completely lopsided and it's over before it started with my 10 reliced characters and 25 g12 characters vs. 49 reliced characters and 50ish g12 characters as an example. someone in the comment section said there is a lesson to be learned... what lesson is there to be learned from this other than that game design is completely wack? There needs to be a system in place to prevent higher GP players from infiltrating lower-level divisions and rankings.
  • Options
    There is an incentive system against players tanking their skill level. It's called payouts. If you do this you're going to be giving up good crystal rewards.

There's also a system to get said players out of the lower brackets quickly. It's called promotion. The matchmaking system awards 32 skill points per win/loss and there are 90 points to a division. Win a round 3-0 and you're up a division. Do this a few times and you're up a league at the end of the month.

Incidentally the problem I have with this system isn't people tanking their ratings, it's how quickly a successful player gets pushed up into a league where they don't have the teams available to place on defense.

Given the cost/benefit situation of someone tanking their ratings to get easier matches to boost their ego (and I'd say faster roster progression would boost that ego more but hey..) it is unlikely that this is actually the case. It is far more likely that your higher GP opponents have in fact dropped to a lower league after taking a month or more off from playing. And yes, this is one of the downsides of the large number of skill points awarded/removed per round.
  • Options
    From what I just heard, taking time off doesn’t change your Skill Rating, so you won’t drop. :)
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    From what I just heard, taking time off doesn’t change your Skill Rating, so you won’t drop. :)

Interesting. Well in that case it's most likely someone being "mostly absent" - joining and not really participating due to time constraints (but still wanting the "participation" rewards)
  • Options
    It’s weird, though.

You have those who don’t join, which cements their dailies, but they won’t appear in GAC, or get any rewards.

Then there might be those who are just joining but not participating. They get losses and loss rewards, falling through the divisions, and take regular hits in Skill Rating, dropping their daily Crystal income.

It might seem better to not join, than to join and not participate. But those loss rewards could make up for it.
  • Mucro
    107 posts Member
    Options
    This is a collection game, where the goal is to collect as many resources as possible and tactically spend them to improve your collection. I really don't see why anyone would purposefully sacrifice their progression just to mess with you and your guildmates... It's a waste of time for them, and they gain nothing from it.

If they really did tank their skill rating on purpose so they can get easy wins in a lower bracket, they are still losing out on potential wins along the way, not really gaining them anything in the end. Clearly you play a lot of other games where it is common to "bully" other players, but in this particular game you hurt yourself more than those you "bully" by doing this.

Likely there are more reasonable explanations, like them simply not caring too much about GAC and just want the rewards for participating. A lot of people did this before the change too, but now you will also see them in lower brackets due to skill rating lost.
This discussion has been closed.