Bonus Drops communicated?

zatho
747 posts Member
Hey guys,

I really like these bonus drops. I like it even more that they are not limited to light/dark side, because if you are farming Galactic Legends tickets, you don't have to choose between progress and bonus if you need the other side.

What I would like is some more communication. It was announced that there are some bonus drops this week but I can't remember having read, WHY we got these drops. Is ist part of the phase I in gear economy? Did you want to do us an unrelated favor (would be great, but please tell us so)?

It feels like communication always tries to misdirect us from some unpleasant changes. So we always search a fly in the ointment when something is announced. Good changes often go unnoticed (e.g. aero magnifiers in shipments).

Please, when you do something in our favor, point it out and announce it that way. Of course we like bonus stuff, but we don't give credits to it and forget it when something annoying happens.

@CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI:
Can you tell us what changes in favor of us players has been done in the past months after the initial first part of the phase one?
  • more frequent bonus drops
  • free bonus calendar
The reduction of feats for the current conquest set don't count, because it is still way more than it was before you had added BFSoJ.

Replies

• Options
    this is why we cant have nice things
    hello
  • Options

Exactly...
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options

Exactly...

Your response is quite offensive. I gave constructive feedback and showed my appreciation. Why do you accuse me that this would prevent goodies for us players? Can you explain what you don't like about it?
    Just bad-mouthing the original post is not helpful at all.
  • Options
    More transparency is obviously good, but if bandwidths need to be prioritized (which they do), why we are getting bonus drops would be pretty low on my list.
  • Options
    zatho wrote: »

Exactly...

Your response is quite offensive. I gave constructive feedback and showed my appreciation. Why do you accuse me that this would prevent goodies for us players? Can you explain what you don't like about it?

complaining about as many things as you can think of while backhandly saying thanks for double drops is not helpful at all

especially conquest getting better and you complain about it like are you kidding me
    hello
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

never understood this phrase

i guess the horse has a mace nerf in its mouth
    hello
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options

Horses can have teeth problems, which are expensive. Horses are also expensive. So if you are given a free horse, don't check it's teeth, just accept the gift and move on.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

Exactly...

complaining about as many things as you can think of while backhandly saying thanks for double drops is not helpful at all

especially conquest getting better and you complain about it like are you kidding me

It sure seems to me that he wants them to point out when good things happen in the game so that there is some recognition for them. Instead this forum is simply polluted with all the crappy stuff that is happening in the game.

He simply wants the good stuff highlighted and you jump all over him. Speaking of not being helpful.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options

It is because theeth can tell you about the age and condition of the horse

Maybe my point was not clear enough. I don't demand that much of an explanation why we got it (even if it would be nice) but more of an official announcement. We just got an technical ingame message.

On the one hand people ask where the promised part of the gear change phase 1 is. On the other hand they don't account for these bonus drops, bonus calendar etc. If this stuff is part of the gear change, why didn't they tell us and keep us unsatisfied?
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options

It is because theeth can tell you about the age and condition of the horse

Maybe my point was not clear enough. I don't demand that much of an explanation why we got it (even if it would be nice) but more of an official announcement. We just got an technical ingame message.

On the one hand people ask where the promised part of the gear change phase 1 is. On the other hand they don't account for these bonus drops, bonus calendar etc. If this stuff is part of the gear change, why didn't they tell us and keep us unsatisfied?

Communication has never been CG's strong suit. Would it have been nice to get some kind of forum post about the double drops? Of course. Were they necessary? No. Honestly they probably did it to minimize energy hoarding.

What would be really nice to know is if this will become a more regular occurrence. And it's not part of the phase 1 gear changes. We have the full roadmap of those, and the only 2 things missing are dedicated shard shop slot and guaranteed drop on character nodes.
  • Options
    Ahnald mentioned a rumor of "something big" coming later this week. Maybe the double drops have something to do with that. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually is being done to minimize energy hoarding.

Anyone have a clue as to what's coming that Ahnald has alluded to?
  • Options
    i have been hopeing for new gl announcement
    hello
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options

When receiving a gift be grateful for what it is; don't imply you wished for more by assessing its value.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

When receiving a gift be grateful for what it is; don't imply you wished for more by assessing its value.

no i understood the context just not the reason a horse was used

starson explained it fine
    hello
  • Options
    I had thought the horse thing came from the Trojan Horse, but then realized that that was a case where you would want to look inside the horse's mouth.

It's just another sign that I am having too much time and overthinking everything.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Idk tbh, majority of time I only find out about these things & other additions via swgoh events datamines

Sigsig & Sdtbarbarossa > Crumb & Doja

Post edited by SemiGod on
  • Options
    Everyone hating on OP, but literally me this morning, despite having 28k crystals:

"No no - he's got a point"

68n9vu.jpg
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone hating on OP, but literally me this morning, despite having 28k crystals:

"No no - he's got a point"

68n9vu.jpg

While I agree that it's a way to drain crystals, if you need stuff now might as well. No real point to chase the meta anymore since arena doesn't matter.
  • Options
    'Need' is a strong word. I thankfully skipped the bait that was LV, got Exec and JMK, and I am sitting on a dragon's hoard of gear to rival Edward's (1600+ of each kyrotech, 700+ of each G12 gold piece, 2200 carbantis, 40 droid brains for R9) but CG has literally conditioned me as a F2P to hoard currency, gear, and collect every character in case they release more of their exponentially increasing requirements for the next unbeatable thing (and with most of my income tied to GAC now, I can't afford to miss out on something like the next Exec). So I am emotionally damaged from surprise releases like Malak and will forever be increasing my hoard like a greedy greedy dragon.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    'Need' is a strong word. I thankfully skipped the bait that was LV, got Exec and JMK, and I am sitting on a dragon's hoard of gear to rival Edward's (1600+ of each kyrotech, 700+ of each G12 gold piece, 2200 carbantis, 40 droid brains for R9) but CG has literally conditioned me as a F2P to hoard currency, gear, and collect every character in case they release more of their exponentially increasing requirements for the next unbeatable thing (and with most of my income tied to GAC now, I can't afford to miss out on something like the next Exec). So I am emotionally damaged from surprise releases like Malak and will forever be increasing my hoard like a greedy greedy dragon.

I did that for years, but it was always to stay on top of the meta. Now the meta is pretty irrelevant. I can't completely get away from hoarding, but I worked on some side projects after I got SEE (my 6th GL).

I also always need a goal, or I get bored. I'll be done with SK in a couple weeks, so I really hope we do have something coming that I can work towards.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

I did that for years, but it was always to stay on top of the meta. Now the meta is pretty irrelevant. I can't completely get away from hoarding, but I worked on some side projects after I got SEE (my 6th GL).

I also always need a goal, or I get bored. I'll be done with SK in a couple weeks, so I really hope we do have something coming that I can work towards.

Same, I used to be a massive hoarder but how it basically just doesn’t matter anymore, arena is dead & GAC is still a coin toss in whether I get an unwinnable matchup or a winnable
  • Options

Exactly...

If you are offended by that please disconnect your internet and cancel your cable. Also, don’t leave the house.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    2x0=0