GAC start time

Thanks for changing the start time of GAC

Really love the fact crystals are tied to something you have to sign up to and you changed the times mid GAC brackets

Fantastic

Replies

• Options
    No announcement or in game notifications either.
  • Options
    DLS mates. It changed when they went 1 hour back for winter, now they went 1 hour ahead for spring. Always done this, GAC wont be the only change. All events have now jumped 1 hour ahead, except your personal PO's and free energy things, iir.
  • Options
    The events are programmed to launch at a particular time on CG’s servers. As the USA have recently applied DST, the events appear an hour out of sync for those of us who have yet to change our clocks.

In a couple of weeks it’ll all be back to normal when European nations change clocks.
  • Options
    That’s unfair either. Not all people in the world knows when times change, so let inform other nations if you change something. They spam us with packs, so they can spam us with informations either. 🥶
  • Options
    It is almost like UTC is a thing that computers normally would use
  • Options
    Recurve wrote: »
    It is almost like UTC is a thing that computers normally would use

All that would solve is which group of people are complaining, time changes would still happen and people would still have GAC starting at a different time.

There is a timer in game for when the join ends
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • HumeE
    16 posts Member
    Options
    The join process bugs me in general with immediate roster locks. I didn’t join immediately cause I was holding out for upgrades and then like the others here I missed it because of the daylight savings adjustment.
    What was even more painful is at 4:00 CT on the dot, the show I was watching ended and I thought to go check on it because it hit me they might do that switch.
    Literally seconds too late
    And I’m still mad.
  • Options

Doesn't harm anybody by letting people know that that time will be different for a significant proportion of the player base though.

I saw the timer and assumed it would expire at the same time it does every round / event and why would I not think that.

A simple in game notification to say that times may change on xdatex and check sign up times would avoid it.
  • Gutazedo
    78 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I havent' posted in here for a looong time.

This is ridiculously disrespectful for non-USA players, despite of the ingame timer.
    A heads-up post warning about how DST would change the upcoming joining time for the rest of their player base would be the very least on CG's end.
    Crystals, mats, gear, tokens,..., everything important has been shifted towards GAC. It's time this "join" mechanic is changed for a more player-friendly system. How many times have players been locked with mods all over the place and, after all this time, still no solution on sight?

(I'm even more upset this time around since I had just given my newly unlocked Starkiller his omicron and R7)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Doesn't harm anybody by letting people know that that time will be different for a significant proportion of the player base though.

I saw the timer and assumed it would expire at the same time it does every round / event and why would I not think that.

A simple in game notification to say that times may change on xdatex and check sign up times would avoid it.

You're assuming ppl would actually read it.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

You're assuming ppl would actually read it.
    Just like they read the timer?
  • Options
    Simple solution, just copy the join mechanic from TW! That way we can join as soon as the period is available and we see it. If we want to make changes during the period we can just leave and join again. I really don't see who would be hurt by doing this.
  • Options
    Again...i may be missing something, but isn't the joining period 23h long? SO...why exactly is changing 1 hour making any (important) difference? I join the first (or second) time i login into the game and the timer is running...i think i get a reminder every time...not sure on this. But i NEVER leave it to the last possible moment as a lot can go wrong...
    The daylight hour change affects lots of visible things (TV shows, Internet blogs, communications, meetings)...
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    The events are programmed to launch at a particular time on CG’s servers. As the USA have recently applied DST, the events appear an hour out of sync for those of us who have yet to change our clocks.

In a couple of weeks it’ll all be back to normal when European nations change clocks.

Thas is the reason but it is still an issue. Sign-up Phase and Deployment phase of territory war is affected as well. Usually you have a countdown on the main screen that reminds you. But with the event and battle-pass icons it is missing right now. This is not good.
  • Options
    zatho wrote: »

Thas is the reason but it is still an issue. Sign-up Phase and Deployment phase of territory war is affected as well. Usually you have a countdown on the main screen that reminds you. But with the event and battle-pass icons it is missing right now. This is not good.

Oh, I agree. It is reprehensible that they still prioritise the conquest pass / hyperdrive icon over guild / individual event icons.

The GAC timer was on my homescreen, so I'd assumed it was the same for everyone else.

My main frustration with threads like this one is that people seem to think there's an easy "fix" for the way DST impacts the game. But what they really want is something that fixes it for them, even if this fix makes things awkward for other players in other parts of the world.

The only way the game acknowledges DST is when the event launch times move by an hour, but even then the change is only really noticed for a couple of weeks.

• Options
    You do realise your Energy/arena payout times don't get changed by DST right? Funnily enough those are based on UTC. So when that happens you either have to retroactively change your PO time, or put up with the +- hour difference. You also tend to know when your own country changes it's time, hell there are even countries that don't use DST at all.

I get that they want to change the times so it goes back to what it was, but that only affect the northern hemisphere. It screws over southern hemisphere since their times go the other way.

The fact is this change was done MID GAC season for the thing now that has the most implications on crystal income.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    PSA: The US Senate just passed a bill to end changing the clocks starting in 2023. If your country still does time changes after this point, that could potentially mess up GAC for you for half the year.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    PSA: The US Senate just passed a bill to end changing the clocks starting in 2023. If your country still does time changes after this point, that could potentially mess up GAC for you for half the year.

wake me when they pass it all the way lol
    hello
  • Options
    I'm a US player and did not miss joining, so I'm not complaining, but changing only the GAC join time but none of the other clocks - payouts, stores - does see a bit inconsistent to me.
  • Options
    I'm a US player and did not miss joining, so I'm not complaining, but changing only the GAC join time but none of the other clocks - payouts, stores - does see a bit inconsistent to me.

the other things you list have clocks showing all day every day

gac has no clock until it launches once a week and could easily be moved to any time on the correct day they want to move it to
    hello
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options

That is because GAC, TW, TB and Events are globally whereas payouts, stores and energy are individually timed.
  • Options
    That is because GAC, TW, TB and Events are globally whereas payouts, stores and energy are individually timed.

Sure, but if (I assume) they moved GAC so that most players can stick to their established schedule, they would want to do the same to payouts and stores precisely because they are individual.

Unless you are saying that it's a harder thing to adjust payouts and stores because they are individual. That's certainly a valid point, but only on a different, more technical, level.
  • Options

Sure, but if (I assume) they moved GAC so that most players can stick to their established schedule, they would want to do the same to payouts and stores precisely because they are individual.

Unless you are saying that it's a harder thing to adjust payouts and stores because they are individual. That's certainly a valid point, but only on a different, more technical, level.

I think it’s vastly more likely they have an automated system to launch events based on the time according to their server. So when DST hits, the server launches these events an hour earlier (or later) for those whose clocks have not (yet) changed.

The other things like payouts, store refreshes are on a permanent cycle. They happen at specified intervals in a 24 hour period, so they will not be subject to any “launch”.
  • Options
    I think it’s vastly more likely they have an automated system to launch events based on the time according to their server. So when DST hits, the server launches these events an hour earlier (or later) for those whose clocks have not (yet) changed.

The other things like payouts, store refreshes are on a permanent cycle. They happen at specified intervals in a 24 hour period, so they will not be subject to any “launch”.

Ok, well, that's a much clearer explanation. I get why you guys think they are different now. I still think they are all "scheduled events", which are fired by the same "clock" in order to signal the system to perform tasks - be it launching the next GA, resetting stores, or processing payouts. While the tasks are different, the event mechanism, the clock, and the schedule that controls the clock, should be one common piece. If they can change the schedule to trigger the "GAC launch" event one hour earlier, they can also change the schedule to trigger the "store reset" event one hour earlier. That's where my earlier "inconsistency" comment came from. It is all based on my speculations on how it works inside CG's black box, or course.
  • Options
    I'm just curious, how new are all the people complaining about this?

Its the same thing 2x a year every year. I'm only a 3 year player & I got used to it long ago.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kluge wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

....except the Senate is just 1 step in the process. No guarantee it actually happens.

Don't ruin this for me with your facts.