So who now with Starkiller ... ?

Stenun
851 posts Member
edited March 2022
I did have an eye on Mace Windu for use with Starkiller once I had him unlocked but Mace's reworked kit would obviously be wasted with Starkiller so that idea is now thrown out of the window *ahem*.
Starkiller needs a Jedi Tank and, as far as I can tell, that means: General Kenobi, Juhani, Kanan Jarrus, Jedi Knight Guardian, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Plo Koon. Have I missed anyone?

Now ... in terms of GAC and TW ...
My General Kenobi is currently in my Padme squad. My Juhani is with my JK Revan, My Kanan Jarrus is obviously with Phoenix, Obi-Wan Kenobi flits between GL Luke and CLS.
That leaves Mace, Plo Koon and the Guardian. But if Mace is now going off with other Galactic Republic Jedi ...
So Plo Koon or Jedi Knight Guardian??

Replies

• crzydroid
    7333 posts Moderator
    Options
    Are you just wanting a Jedi tank because of the pretaunt from his unique? I don't think Mace would necessarily be wasted on Starkiller. You are missing a few things like the tm swap and foresight by not having GR Jedi, but he would still work well. I also find it odd that you are thinking about Starkiller teams when your roster is still in a place where you use Old Ben with CLS or use Phoenix at all. Also, if you use JML lead, he's his own tank.

Post your swgoh.gg link and people will better be able to help you put together teams with the roster you have.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben is only used with CLS in certian circumstances. Given that I had to get him to r5, he's a good tank to swap between different squads when needed.
    And Phoenix with Hera's Omicron is great for the back columns of TW. People always underestimate them - one enemy guild took 5 attempts to get through it; you underestimate Phoenix at your peril!

And I don't like posting my swgoh.gg link. I don't like people spying on my roster to do recon.
    Besides, I was hoping people would more answer with theory crafting about who they would use or expect others to use as opposed to who I specifically should use.
  • crzydroid
    7333 posts Moderator
    Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    Old Ben is only used with CLS in certian circumstances. Given that I had to get him to r5, he's a good tank to swap between different squads when needed.
    And Phoenix with Hera's Omicron is great for the back columns of TW. People always underestimate them - one enemy guild took 5 attempts to get through it; you underestimate Phoenix at your peril!

And I don't like posting my swgoh.gg link. I don't like people spying on my roster to do recon.
    Besides, I was hoping people would more answer with theory crafting about who they would use or expect others to use as opposed to who I specifically should use.

What I meant was, a standard CLS team is CLS, Han, Chewie, C-3PO, 3PAC. Come to think of it, you should have all these characters with JML. I would think this could free up Old Ben for your Starkiller team, if you don't want to use Mace.

Without seeing your roster, it will be hard for people to theory craft for you. I think common practice is to put in GK. I'm not sure anyone would tell you to put in JK Guardian. It would be more helpful if people knew what you were working with. As long as you have a swgoh.gg, your GAC opponents can still find you regardless of whether you've posted the link on forums.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    But I'm not asking people to theory craft for me.
    I'm asking in general terms. Which Jedi Tank are people going to be using - and recommending others to use - with Starkiller given that Mace is now probably best used elsewhere?
    I keep forgetting that lots of people online look at general examples as specifics, so my bad there. But my intent was to illustrate that most other Jedi Tanks are already in use in common squad compositions.
  • Options
    I run plo koon, as the team's leader.
  • Options

swhog.gg has the gac bracket page now so anyone can just tap your name to see your history and such. No hiding possible.

Old Ben as lead give bonus to all allies, so works well with SK.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    swhog.gg has the gac bracket page now so anyone can just tap your name to see your history and such. No hiding possible.
    There're at least 3 members of my guild who aren't on there. Put their ally codes in and you get nothing and their names on the guild page are not live links. I wish I knew how they had done that because I would definitely do the same. I hate the idea that anyone can scrutinise your roster and pass judgement on your game. People take games too seriously and it saps the fun out of it when they start pontificating on you trying to have some fun.
    Like years ago when I said I wanted to build a Zam Wessell lead BH squad because I found the Thermal Detonator mechanic fun and all I got on this forum was people telling me not to do it and to fall in line and do what everyone else is doing instead. It's one of the reasons I don't come to the forums much these days. Anyway, I'm ranting off topic now ... :-)
    Old Ben as lead give bonus to all allies, so works well with SK.
    Thank you!

• Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    I run plo koon, as the team's leader.

Going to try new mace windu, replacing plo.
  • Options
    An idea to consider with Starkkiller is to try and use toons without homes.
    1. Darth Sidious (Sith) - His leadership works will all toons.
    2. Old Ben (Jedi) - Decent tank.
    3. Visas (LS non-Jedi) - She needs a home!
    4. OG Kylo Wren (DS non-Sith) - There are in fact 11 FO toons. You can still use the other 10 to make two squads.
  • TNT117
    23 posts Member
    Options

Your ally code is available in game, which means your SWGoH.gg profile is available. And now, SWGoH.gg has added a new feature where others can effectively add your profile even if you have not specifically signed up. It is very easy to scout people, which means there is no need in hiding your roster.