Wat Tambor Shards

JKreu
13 posts Member
edited March 2022
I recently got back into the game after years of not playing and my long term goal is to get JMK. Wat Tambor is my bottleneck to that by far, the guild I'm in got 11 shards last TB and I don't think I can get into a better one (1.5M GP and no geos right now since I never farmed them before). I was wondering if there will be other ways to get Wat shards in the future other than just the TB mission? Specifically with weekly shipments or a character pack/bundle. I saw they were available there around the time JMK was released and wondering if they might come back again.
The other option (although far less likely I'm sure) would be if a new TB came out and Wat shards went to the GET store similar to how ROLO and IPD did.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    How many other toons do you need to get, and relic, before you can get JMK?

11 shards per TB may be plenty (Also consider that number may grow - are you personally earning 1)
  • JKreu
    13 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not earning any yet as my geos aren't up right now. As for other characters I have most either 7* or close to it but none relic'd. JKA is my only relic right now. Once I finish off some character farms I plan to spend the majority of my energy on gear to get more relics.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe then you can also upgrade and farm the geos
  • JKreu
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah that's the plan, but I'm mostly just wondering if Wat shards will be available again at some point in shipments or character pack. Right now I see Malak and GAS in all my weekly shipments, could that at some point be switched to Wat for a time for example?
  • Options
    When they release another GL that requires Wat, there's a good chance he'll show up in shipments again.

I'm 15/16 on JMK requirements, but 55/100 on Wat still. About 11-14 shards per TB for my guild. Gonna be a while, so working up BBatch, Starkiller toons, Fennec, in the meanwhile.
  • Options
    JKreu wrote: »
    I recently got back into the game after years of not playing and my long term goal is to get JMK. Wat Tambor is my bottleneck to that by far, the guild I'm in got 11 shards last TB and I don't think I can get into a better one (1.5M GP and no geos right now since I never farmed them before). I was wondering if there will be other ways to get Wat shards in the future other than just the TB mission? Specifically with weekly shipments or a character pack/bundle. I saw they were available there around the time JMK was released and wondering if they might come back again.
    The other option (although far less likely I'm sure) would be if a new TB came out and Wat shards went to the GET store similar to how ROLO and IPD did.

I’m in the same boat, except I have 1.1M GP. At one dark side TB a month It will take 2.5 years to get 7 star WAT, if you get 11 a month. I really want JMK, but that makes me want to give up.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2329 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Sounds like you need to join a guild that gets more Wat shards…

It’s not like that particular mission is really difficult
  • crzydroid
    7312 posts Moderator
    Options
    No one can tell you whether it will show up in packs. The worst you can do is TRY to get into a better guild; there might be some mid-range ones that are willing to take you under their wing with 20+ shards.

Like someone said above, you are a ways off on the other requirements, so you may have some time to worry about Wat. How many total shards do you have right now?
  • Options
    Your focus should be working on the required toons and your Geos so that you can contribute to the mission. If anything, work on an easier to obtain GL like SLKR. That will also help you get your GP up to get into a stronger guild that earns more WAT shards. My two cents.
  • Options
    Don't know if you are free to play, but realise that JMK requires relic 8 characters. The materials for relic 8 are probably not accessible for you yet (your guild isn't finishing heroic pit). Unless you buy those materials.
  • Options
    It's very inefficient to go for JMK at 1.1 - 1.5m GP.

There's nothing stopping you from doing so, just know that if you find it very hard, well, that's the reason. You are not supposed to get it that level.
  • LordDirt
    5018 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Pack of 25 Wat shards are in the store now ;)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • JKreu
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Yup I saw that and already took advantage! Thanks everyone for all your feedback. I've only just started getting Wat shards so after that pack I am now at 36. I've been looking around for a new guild, and if it comes down to the R8 materials at the end then I would just buy those with crystals in the weekly shipment.
  • Options
    Yup I saw that and already took advantage! Thanks everyone for all your feedback. I've only just started getting Wat shards so after that pack I am now at 36. I've been looking around for a new guild, and if it comes down to the R8 materials at the end then I would just buy those with crystals in the weekly shipment.

You should buy the impulse detector at 5 for 900 each week if you can. The crystal shipment price is way better than the scavenger exchange rate for that really important g12 gear. The aeromagnifiers will also be a huge roadblock if you are not in a cpit guild, so just start building them up when you can.
  • Options
    I was hoping for Wat Crystal pack… eh.
  • Options

Only 294 shards to go!

With my 200m gp guild rate, that is not much longer than 14 months!