Marquee Price Increase

StarSon
7466 posts Member
The Seventh Sister Marquee pack is $1 more than every Marquee Pack since B1. Is this the new price, or just an oopsie?

Replies

• Options
    That’s the fuel surcharge being included for the delivery of the shards…
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »

They're in San Francisco. I'm certain they have EVs
  • Options
    Inflation hitting mobile games
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Compensating for gas prices obv
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly as much money as it takes to make even the slightest dent in this game, 1 dollar is virtually nothing.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Honestly as much money as it takes to make even the slightest dent in this game, 1 dollar is virtually nothing.

Yeah, until they do it a dozen more times over the months
    3xx30s14fy5s.jpeg
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

While i don't care about it being $1 more the "virtually nothing" argument works for both sides.
  • Options
    IronCross wrote: »

rgovy7vjqd8p.jpg
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options

I'm not complaining. I rarely buy these packs. Just weird to get a price increase without an announcement on something that hasn't changed price in years.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

I'm not complaining. I rarely buy these packs. Just weird to get a price increase without an announcement on something that hasn't changed price in years.

When was the past time a business advertised a price increase?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

Yeah, until they do it a dozen more times over the months
    3xx30s14fy5s.jpeg

It's increased once in 6 yrs. No reason to think it will happen several times in a few months.
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

CG advertised a price increase to Marquee packs the last time they increased in price.

Edit: Also, Netflix just did a couple weeks ago. Don't act like it's something companies don't do.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

CG advertised a price increase to Marquee packs the last time they increased in price.

Edit: Also, Netflix just did a couple weeks ago. Don't act like it's something companies don't do.

Netflix had to announce the increase to customers because it's subscription service. Use some sense.

Companies don't voluntarily run ads to tell ppl things are getting more expensive.
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options

Netflix had to announce the increase to customers because it's subscription service. Use some sense.

Companies don't voluntarily run ads to tell ppl things are getting more expensive.

Well I don't expect them to put out radio ads. But they have in the past informed us of price increases. Even specifically for this pack. Not sure why you think it's so crazy for them to do that. Or to think maybe they didn't do it on purpose.
  • Options

Family Dollar did just that. Everything is now $1.25 instead of $1. They have signs on the building, sent emails to subscribers and informed the media.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    StewartH wrote: »

Family Dollar did just that. Everything is now $1.25 instead of $1. They have signs on the building, sent emails to subscribers and informed the media.

And they did that to be nice? Or because dollar is literally their name and people can very reasonably expect everything to be a dollar, and the store wants to prevent the surprise at checkout. Again, use some sense with examples.

If I go to burger King, I see the price on the menu. I don't get/need a message everytime the cost of a whopper goes up.
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options

And they did that to be nice? Or because dollar is literally their name and people can very reasonably expect everything to be a dollar, and the store wants to prevent the surprise at checkout. Again, use some sense with examples.

Wait, so it's not a surprise to see an item that has been the same price for 4 years now have a different price?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Wait, so it's not a surprise to see an item that has been the same price for 4 years now have a different price?

If it were called the "20 dollar marquee bundle" and they raised the price, then sure, you'd have a point.

Let go.
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options

If it were called the "20 dollar marquee bundle" and they raised the price, then sure, you'd have a point.

Let go.

Why should *I* let go? You're the one that turned this into something it's not. I was only curious if this is the new price of the pack. I don't care if it is. I don't care if they want to be nice, or if they take out ads, or whatever.

This is an item that was originally $9.99. When they increased it to $19.99 they made a post about it. It is not strange to wonder why there was no post for this, the second ever price increase on this very specific item that has always had a very specific price.
  • Options
    I'm with @CCyrilS on this one. I've seen tons of companies, stores, businesses not announce price increases (even for products that have been a certain price for a long time). Not saying that NOBODY announces it, but not announcing is definitely far from uncommon.
  • Options

If I go to burger King, I see the price on the menu. I don't get/need a message everytime the cost of a whopper goes up.

Dont move the goalposts. You said "When was the past time a business advertised a price increase?".
    Accept that your statement was just shown to be wrong. If you want to argue the merit of why Family Dollar did that, fine, but thats not what you stated and what you stated was wrong.
  • Options
    pa4di8zmkwl1.jpg

Am I missing something?
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    pa4di8zmkwl1.jpg

Am I missing something?

Guess that answers my question: it was an accident.

Also: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/tggsw9/inflation_hitting_the_game_now_too/
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Well I don't expect them to put out radio ads. But they have in the past informed us of price increases. Even specifically for this pack. Not sure why you think it's so crazy for them to do that. Or to think maybe they didn't do it on purpose.

Did they advertise it differently? I thought the ad happened when the pack appeared in the shop. Just go to your local mall and jump in the water fountain, if you are fast enough you can collect several dollars of broken wishes have come out ahead after buying the pack!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Dont move the goalposts. You said "When was the past time a business advertised a price increase?".
    Accept that your statement was just shown to be wrong. If you want to argue the merit of why Family Dollar did that, fine, but thats not what you stated and what you stated was wrong.

I asked when, didn't say it never happens. Examples of when were brought up and easily dismissed. So, don't say what I stated was wrong when I did not state a thing. You're digging a deeper hole for an argument that's not worth defending.
  • Options

Apparently you've never shopped at Family Dollar as not everything in there was a dollar.

But as someone else stated, now you're moving the goal post to try and be right.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Apparently you've never shopped at Family Dollar as not everything in there was a dollar.

But as someone else stated, now you're moving the goal post to try and be right.

😆 I just explained how I never moved any goal posts. I will let you get back to crying about the dollar, rather than explain business practices to you. Lmao
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options

😆 I just explained how I never moved any goal posts. I will let you get back to crying about the dollar, rather than explain business practices to you. Lmao

Let it go, troll
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    el_mago wrote: »

Let it go, troll

Literally what I said. Read before posting and you'll avoid embarrassing yourself.