Characters who are rezzed should not lose stun!

Kopfschuss
653 posts Member
edited April 2016
I'd like an official response if this is intended or not. Currently if you kill a stunned character, they lose their stun if they are rezzed, and will often be able to attack immediately. It seems weird that you would want a character to live so that the stun doesn't wear off through a resurrection. If their turn meter bar was topped off, they will attack as soon as you kill them.

Edit: Dropping buffs is a penalty, but dropping debuffs is a reward. It seems silly to reward a character for dying.
Post edited by Kopfschuss on

Replies

• Snake
    158 posts Member
    Options
    It is and should be intended. It only makes sense. You could argue a revived character should come back with an empty turn meter, but I'd wait for the balance changes to determine if that needs to happen or not
    -Snake
  • Options
    I can't rez at all with my roster but I think it makes sense that if they are rez the stunned effect should not apply anymore. Also I think it's okay they attack immediately cause it's strategy, if you don't want enemies to be rez then kill their Daka or whever. It's a choice/gamble
  • Options
    Snake wrote: »
    It is and should be intended. It only makes sense. You could argue a revived character should come back with an empty turn meter, but I'd wait for the balance changes to determine if that needs to happen or not

Thank you for your post, but I would argue that it makes more sense for a disabled character to still lose a turn if they were stunned before killed.
  • Blev08
    141 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm with @Snake, if a character is killed and rezzed, they should lose all status effects, negative and positive. They should also lose all turn meter unless otherwise specified in the rez ability (basically exactly like Old Daka's Serve Again ability).
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    You lost a match because a dead stunned toon got revived?
  • Options
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    I'd like an official response if this is intended or not. Currently if you kill a stunned character, they lose their stun if they are rezzed, and will often be able to attack immediately. It seems weird that you would want a character to live so that the stun doesn't wear off through a resurrection. If their turn meter bar was topped off, they will attack as soon as you kill them.

They are dead. Different state. THEN they rez, another different state. You can't keep buffs when dead, they disappear then RE-appear..

This works the way as it SHOULD. Not sure what all the fuss is about..
  • Options
    Blev08 wrote: »
    I'm with @Snake, if a character is killed and rezzed, they should lose all status effects, negative and positive. They should also lose all turn meter unless otherwise specified in the rez ability (basically exactly like Old Daka's Serve Again ability).

bingo!
  • Options

Thank you for your post, but I would argue that it makes more sense for a disabled character to still lose a turn if they were stunned before killed.

You lost you will get over it.. eventually.. its a game.. chillax
  • Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »

Looks like the wolves are out today...I still won the match, but I thought it was strange that the GS was able to use his swarm immediately after being stunned and killed. My original post was to ask for clarification the idea, as I wasn't able to find another topic about it. I've noticed you make poor inferences in some previous posts, and it's not constructive to the topics. I can assure you that I am very relaxed, and I appreciate your concern! Cheers!
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options

ROFLMAO

No. That's absurd.

You killed them, they died. They are no longer stunned if they are *DEAD* because they are dead.

If they res, why would they have a status effect from their previous life?
  • Options
    All negitivity and positive effects should be removed.
    What gets me is a stunned to on dodges.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Shouldn't they at least have summoning sickness or somethin'??

;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    Options
    The do get summoning sickness from Daka. It makes them hit harder. ;)

I would actually be fine with them keeping their status effects, because then my ST Han would still have taunt up. I think it should be as it is though.
  • Options
    The main difference is you guys are treating buffs and debuffs the same. Dropping buffs is a penalty, but dropping debuffs is a reward. It seems silly to reward a character for dying. This is where I am coming from, but if it's intended, then I'll play around it by not killing stunned or ability-blocked characters.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Best answer: always kill Daka first.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Resurrected toons shouldn't have the negative effect still in place.
  • Options
    Why do you kill stunned units?

• Options
    theHejiN wrote: »

This! Stun is a debuff and gives you a few hits to go after other threats. If you kill a stunned toon with others on the table, your doing something wrong.
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Snake
    158 posts Member
    Options
    The main difference is you guys are treating buffs and debuffs the same. Dropping buffs is a penalty, but dropping debuffs is a reward. It seems silly to reward a character for dying. This is where I am coming from, but if it's intended, then I'll play around it by not killing stunned or ability-blocked characters.

They are rewarded for being brought back from the dead. That's pretty hard to do. A lot harder than killing someone.

It's not about penalties and rewards. If the character kept the same state after revive, revives would just be a junky heal with a 65 percent chance of doing nothing.
    -Snake
  • Options
    Mostly it just grinds my gears when a character gets rezzed and they have a full turn meter and go right away.

Frequently I'll drop my heavy dps cool downs to wipe out a threat fast, then they pop right back up and go the second they're rezzed before anyone else on my squad and wipe someone out
  • Options
    They should lose all effects, positive or negative.

Do they currently lose all their buffs? I see Revive incredibly rarely.
  • Darth_Noctambulo
    272 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    theHejiN wrote: »

Some toons get buffs just for living, like sid if anyone dies. Or RG so he doesn't stick around and block later. I can think of some reasons for that, but not the stun revive thing.
  • Options

Edit: Dropping buffs is a penalty, but dropping debuffs is a reward. It seems silly to reward a character for dying.

They used to keep debuffs and buffs when revived but this was changed to align with what tbe developers intended. Go read the update notes.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »

Looks like the wolves are out today...I still won the match, but I thought it was strange that the GS was able to use his swarm immediately after being stunned and killed. My original post was to ask for clarification the idea, as I wasn't able to find another topic about it. I've noticed you make poor inferences in some previous posts, and it's not constructive to the topics. I can assure you that I am very relaxed, and I appreciate your concern! Cheers!

That's why you kill GS first, or atleast that what I do. Every game I every played is like that.

The penalty for dying and then being reraised is low health, that's it. No stun, no heal immunity...low health. Yes that is how it is intended no it is not a bug. He probably swarmed you cause GS turn meter was higher than yours.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Shouldn't they at least have summoning sickness or somethin'??

;)

+1 I think Daka gives haste :smiley:
  • Options
    Debuffs used to persist after death. They considered it a bug so they fixed it
  • Options
    My Dooku was killed by an enemy with an ally assist, and then Daka auto-revived him immediately. He proceeded to do his counter attacks. While I appreciated the win, that just didn't seem right.
  • Snake
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Nik_Zirlos wrote: »
    My Dooku was killed by an enemy with an ally assist, and then Daka auto-revived him immediately. He proceeded to do his counter attacks. While I appreciated the win, that just didn't seem right.

Dooku =/= logic
    -Snake
  • Options
    Nik_Zirlos wrote: »

Yeah, counterattack on revive doesn't seem right, haven't personally seen that but I'll keep an eye out.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762