Is Millennium Falcon good with Geo Fleet?

ROMG4
19 posts Member
edited March 2022
Hello I was wondering if could please have some help on fleet choice

I just unlocked the Millennium Falcon at five stars, while I've been spending what I can to farm out some rebel ships and characters, I'm probably a few weeks to months out on them being viable to even do the Ackbar capital 5 star challenge. I've got Han at 7 stars and can get him to gear 9 easily, Chewie's at gear 7 and I might be able to get him to gear 8 quickly as well.

My current fleet is a Gear 12 Tarkin 6 star capital, I have all three geos and their ships at 7 stars, Vader's at 7 stars and gear 10, and his TIE-Advance is very close to being seven stared as well, 7 Star gear 12 Bossk with 6 dot mods and about 60 shards out from hound's tooth being 7 stars

The last ship I have and plan to replace is Kylo's TIE Silencer, would the Millennium Falcon be a good fit for this fleet or a better replacement for TIE Silencer at least? It is iconic ship and I would really like to use it

Thank you, have a great day
OOM-9 For Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes!
c93b5dgqvhoi.png

Replies

• Hexen_Jagar
    649 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    HMF really shines under Ackbar and with other rebels. It can be dropped into other lineups, but it won't help as much. The main draw for using it, is it dispels on basic under AA, can call a lot of assists and can hit hard. So keep grinding out those rebels and you'll be happy you did!
    Eventually you'll fill out your fleet with the same faction ships, all empire, rebels, FO, etc.
    Geos under Tarkin is a good start, Hounds tooth is the most used ship, keep upgrading it when you can!

Edit: If you plan to use HMF with geos, make sure Sun Fac can take the beating because he will usually be the only one not under stealth. HT can help take the damage, so play around with different lineups
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @Hexen_Jagar

"Eventually you'll fill out your fleet with the same faction ships, all empire, rebels, FO, etc."

Err, by eventually do you mean when CG release enough ships for this to be possible and then allows time to get them maxed or when their roster grows (they are using Tarkin which is hardly endgame).

Malev you cannot fill as not enough Seps/droids and Mil Falc was a decent final reinforcement. Now IG has been nicked by Executor it is two short to fill with ships with the full synergy. They have only recently released some ships which allow others to be properly filled out. There are more capital ships than normal ships to allow you to fill things and almost nobody has the new ones (at least all of them) maxed.

You reckon you can fill a Tarkin AND Thrawn all Empire fleet (note there are 7 empire ships excluding capital and how many have TIE/IN so almost nobody can fill even 1). FO is even worse with 5 including Echelon.
  • ROMG4
    19 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    HMF really shines under Ackbar and with other rebels. It can be dropped into other lineups, but it won't help as much. The main draw for using it, is it dispels on basic under AA, can call a lot of assists and can hit hard. So keep grinding out those rebels and you'll be happy you did!
    Eventually you'll fill out your fleet with the same faction ships, all empire, rebels, FO, etc.
    Geos under Tarkin is a good start, Hounds tooth is the most used ship, keep upgrading it when you can!

Edit: If you plan to use HMF with geos, make sure Sun Fac can take the beating because he will usually be the only one not under stealth. HT can help take the damage, so play around with different lineups

Ah thank you both for replying! Future proofing my fleets has been extremely important to me my shard is still pretty new but I started playing in Winter 2021 I think and didn't come back till that Fall, I've been able to get back into the top 10 and even stay in the top 5, but while my squads are still competitive, I've lost a lot of time so I've tried my best to make up for it. So while I've been upgrading the Tarkin, Hound's tooth, and Geo fleet I've been spending a lot of currency and energy to backup the rest. The grind to Hound's Tooth and Bossk has halted a lot of my progress the past month and a half

Here are some of my fleet progress
    Palpatine's 7 Stars and The Royal Guard would be as well but I haven't had the credits to promote him, TIE Pilot is also 5 stars I believe, I've dreaded having to grind for Saxon and the commando
    rqo7ymy0joln.png

Wedge is 5 stars, Biggs is 6 stars. Ackbar is only 5 stars as I haven't been able to give him the squad arena currency. My own goal was to get Cassian to 7 stars I'm currently 240/30 shards for him, Jyn is 5 stars, and K2SO would have already been 7 stars but he has had to share the currency with the ships. Sabine is only 2 stars and not geared as I haven't wanted to use the phoenix squad outside of the Thrawn events
    x8762v296uus.png

This is how my usual fleet arena squad is set up, Kylo TIE Silencer would be 7 stars as I have the shards, but I don't want to spend the limited currency since most battles are over by the time he would come into play

r4zam1f7izi1.png
    ucdaul7lqscm.png

I've also been farming the Negotiator and Razor crest. I am currently on 87 shards of negotiator and 58 shards of razor crest. I have been thinking about giving Tarkin a Zeta to get a bit more speed since he's 164 right now
    jfd7in7ueg25.png
    c93b5dgqvhoi.png
  • Options
    thomssi wrote: »
    @Hexen_Jagar

"Eventually you'll fill out your fleet with the same faction ships, all empire, rebels, FO, etc."

Err, by eventually do you mean when CG release enough ships for this to be possible and then allows time to get them maxed or when their roster grows (they are using Tarkin which is hardly endgame).

Malev you cannot fill as not enough Seps/droids and Mil Falc was a decent final reinforcement. Now IG has been nicked by Executor it is two short to fill with ships with the full synergy. They have only recently released some ships which allow others to be properly filled out. There are more capital ships than normal ships to allow you to fill things and almost nobody has the new ones (at least all of them) maxed.

You reckon you can fill a Tarkin AND Thrawn all Empire fleet (note there are 7 empire ships excluding capital and how many have TIE/IN so almost nobody can fill even 1). FO is even worse with 5 including Echelon.

I can keep my fleets all the same faction, you also don't need all 7 ships. 🤷‍♂️ Could they release more ships yes, definitely, but we are all used to it by now. I also never said you could field full fleets of the same factions, I said you could keep them within the same faction.
    No duh Tarkin isn't Endgame, he is taking about g7 pilots, Tarkin works well for geos. That's why you see it a lot early game. Plus it's all most ppl have at that point until the develop their rosters farther.
    Why comment if you're not going to add anything useful?
  • Options
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Ah thank you both for replying! Future proofing my fleets has been extremely important to me my shard is still pretty new but I started playing in Winter 2021 I think and didn't come back till that Fall, I've been able to get back into the top 10 and even stay in the top 5, but while my squads are still competitive, I've lost a lot of time so I've tried my best to make up for it. So while I've been upgrading the Tarkin, Hound's tooth, and Geo fleet I've been spending a lot of currency and energy to backup the rest. The grind to Hound's Tooth and Bossk has halted a lot of my progress the past month and a half

Here are some of my fleet progress
    Palpatine's 7 Stars and The Royal Guard would be as well but I haven't had the credits to promote him, TIE Pilot is also 5 stars I believe, I've dreaded having to grind for Saxon and the commando
    rqo7ymy0joln.png

Wedge is 5 stars, Biggs is 6 stars. Ackbar is only 5 stars as I haven't been able to give him the squad arena currency. My own goal was to get Cassian to 7 stars I'm currently 240/30 shards for him, Jyn is 5 stars, and K2SO would have already been 7 stars but he has had to share the currency with the ships. Sabine is only 2 stars and not geared as I haven't wanted to use the phoenix squad outside of the Thrawn events
    x8762v296uus.png

This is how my usual fleet arena squad is set up, Kylo TIE Silencer would be 7 stars as I have the shards, but I don't want to spend the limited currency since most battles are over by the time he would come into play

r4zam1f7izi1.png
    ucdaul7lqscm.png

I've also been farming the Negotiator and Razor crest. I am currently on 87 shards of negotiator and 58 shards of razor crest. I have been thinking about giving Tarkin a Zeta to get a bit more speed since he's 164 right now
    jfd7in7ueg25.png

Working on GR as your next project will help continue to future proof your roster and fleet. Sticking with septs also can help you do that. They're a cheaper investment. Though splitting your GET2 currency between the 2 cap ships is tough.
    I rocked Mal with septs for a while, they still do great.
    You don't need Gar's ship right now. It can help but you're better using the resources else where.
    Biggs is far more important than Wedge, also any of pilotless ships. Good investments also.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @Hexen_Jagar

I can keep my fleets all the same faction, you also don't need all 7 ships. 🤷‍♂️ Could they release more ships yes, definitely, but we are all used to it by now. I also never said you could field full fleets of the same factions, I said you could keep them within the same faction.
    No duh Tarkin isn't Endgame, he is taking about g7 pilots, Tarkin works well for geos. That's why you see it a lot early game. Plus it's all most ppl have at that point until the develop their rosters farther.
    Why comment if you're not going to add anything useful?

Why comment when it makes no sense. Yeah, obviously you can field consistent half empty fleets. Well done, not really what most people mean though.

Funny how you edited this out of your original post.

Does "fill" now mean not fill then?
  • ROMG4
    19 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Working on GR as your next project will help continue to future proof your roster and fleet. Sticking with septs also can help you do that. They're a cheaper investment. Though splitting your GET2 currency between the 2 cap ships is tough.
    I rocked Mal with septs for a while, they still do great.
    You don't need Gar's ship right now. It can help but you're better using the resources else where.
    Biggs is far more important than Wedge, also any of pilotless ships. Good investments also.

Yeah having to choose between Mal and negotiator was difficult at the start. I have been able to get Grievous to 5 stars, but that was with fleet currency I've only used the shard currency for gear. What made me go after Negotiator was the desire to have diversified options with a light and dark side fleet, I am also in a good guild so I'll have a 7 star Kenobi before I get a 7 star Grievous, I also had 40 shards of negotiator from December.

My great long term goal before even a Galactic Legend is to get the Executor. I've tried to be careful and make sure that my farming projects all have a domino effect or some use in both game modes and work together with what I've acquired.

Though on the Gauntlet ship. While I've tried to put it off it does seem like its essential towards an Empire fleet, and that fleet is one I may have to transition to in the mid-term before my Negotiator is unlocked in order to stay competitive within the top 10. So I think I'll still farm the ship shards every now and than. The nice thing at least is both gar and the commando are cheap cantina farms so If I have to panic farm them than the longest part of the grind will be done. I'll have spare currency and energy now that the Slave 1 farm is done and pretty soon so will the TIE Advance grind, so it shouldn't hurt my reserves too much

c93b5dgqvhoi.png
  • Options

Why comment when it makes no sense. Yeah, obviously you can field consistent half empty fleets. Well done, not really what most people mean though.

Lmao what? I edited to add the foot note. I didn't change anything. If you can read, it says when the comment was edited. Nice try though.
    Guess you don't play GA cause it's important to underdog there.
    Stop trying to troll and move on. You're derailing this thread.
  • Options
    Since you already have Bugs, I would invest your GET2 into Mal not Nego.

Add the 2 Droid Ships & you've got a really solid fleet.

HMF works as a reinforcement IIRC due to the ability that gives everyone Foresight as they reinforce, it helps keep people alive a bit longer. But outside of that it doesn't contribute much.

It get a bit better once you have Malevolence up & running & the Vulture droids start spawning duplicate ships.
    Makes it nice to hide HMF behind those spawned ships to keep your HMF alive a little longer.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

Lmao what? I edited to add the foot note. I didn't change anything. If you can read, it says when the comment was edited. Nice try though.
    Guess you don't play GA cause it's important to underdog there.
    Stop trying to troll and move on. You're derailing this thread.

You said fill then not fill. Which planet do you live on? You have also edited it again.....

Yes I play GAC and yes I underdog. That doesn't mean what you said is correct, it just isn't. LYAO all you want, I imagine seeing a clown in the mirror does that. Still, maybe you not having Exec is why you are so salty about ships, big banner loss for you I expect.

Still, from Merrian Webster:

1a: to put into as much as can be held or conveniently contained
    b: to supply with a full complement

Doesn't really say leave half out does it?
  • Options
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Yeah having to choose between Mal and negotiator was difficult at the start. I have been able to get Grievous to 5 stars, but that was with fleet currency I've only used the shard currency for gear. What made me go after Negotiator was the desire to have diversified options with a light and dark side fleet, I am also in a good guild so I'll have a 7 star Kenobi before I get a 7 star Grievous, I also had 40 shards of negotiator from December.

My great long term goal before even a Galactic Legend is to get the Executor. I've tried to be careful and make sure that my farming projects all have a domino effect or some use in both game modes and work together with what I've acquired.

Though on the Gauntlet ship. While I've tried to put it off it does seem like its essential towards an Empire fleet, and that fleet is one I may have to transition to in the mid-term before my Negotiator is unlocked in order to stay competitive within the top 10. So I think I'll still farm the ship shards every now and than. The nice thing at least is both gar and the commando are cheap cantina farms so If I have to panic farm them than the longest part of the grind will be done. I'll have spare currency and energy now that the Slave 1 farm is done and pretty soon so will the TIE Advance grind, so it shouldn't hurt my reserves too much

If you're closer to 7* GK, than it definitely was a good call. A good guild is critical to staying competitive. That's good they're doing Hpit and HAAT. Doing well in TB is another big thing. Hopefully they know when it's time to switch to doing geo TB if they haven't already.
    Empire will be needed for when your shard switches to the rebel meta, but the tie bomber will be a bigger asset over gauntlet. I know they're cantina vs normal energy. But Cantina is a value energy especially if you're going for Exe, you'll need to start the relic mat farm ASAP
    Remember for Exe you need two R8 toons, so you'll need to be in a guild that is doing Cpit, or buy the materials. Most Cpit guilds won't accept anyone without a GL so keep that in mind.
    Awesome job staying top 10 btw! If you aren't in it already, you should see if there is a shard chat. A group on discord of the members of your fleet shard, it will make it easier to stay competitive.
  • ROMG4
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Empire will be needed for when your shard switches to the rebel meta, but the tie bomber will be a bigger asset over gauntlet. I know they're cantina vs normal energy. But Cantina is a value energy especially if you're going for Exe, you'll need to start the relic mat farm ASAP
    That is true I had intended to farm relic materials a while ago, but the Geo brood alpha took much longer to 7 star than I expected. And after I finished him I was checking the challenges and decided to go after Mission and T3M4 so I could get Jedi Revan since Jolee, Bastila, and Zaalbar were already 5 stars. After I finish those two I intend to heavily farm the Relic mats
    Awesome job staying top 10 btw! If you aren't in it already, you should see if there is a shard chat. A group on discord of the members of your fleet shard, it will make it easier to stay competitive.
    Thank you! Oh yeah that would be pretty cool

c93b5dgqvhoi.png
  • Options
    JKR and DR are great squads. Don't forget toons are just as big of a part of the game as fleet. So try and keep that balance.
    To send the other people in top 10 a message. You will have to google swgoh.gg and their name (or guild) to get their ally code to send them a message.