Theoretical Mace Bug

TargetEadu
1555 posts Member
edited March 2022
So, part of this post is about a potential Mace Windu bug, in that the swgoh.gg code for his Sense Weakness Zeta only grants the half of Foresight that maximizes Dodge chance, not both Dodge and Deflection chance. Which may be making it completely worthless against Special Damage attacks.

But also… how do you report a bug that’s almost entirely theoretical? I haven’t seen it cause a problem myself, just seen the swgoh.gg sample code. And there’s a lot of info I’m not sure how to fill out in that case.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    that doesnt sound like any type of bug. the ability is doing as it states of giving foresight.

and while I can be wrong, as far as I've seen foresight helps against all attacks except those that can't be evaded (Raid Han basic for example). i don't think it differentiates against physical or special attacks
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    that doesnt sound like any type of bug. the ability is doing as it states of giving foresight.

and while I can be wrong, as far as I've seen foresight helps against all attacks except those that can't be evaded (Raid Han basic for example). i don't think it differentiates against physical or special attacks

Physical attacks are Dodged, while Special attacks are Deflected. And comparing the code of Mace to that of GMY, Mace’s Foresight is only affecting Dodge chance while GMY’s is affecting both.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    So, part of this post is about a potential Mace Windu bug, in that the swgoh.gg code for his Sense Weakness Zeta only grants the half of Foresight that maximizes Dodge chance, not both Dodge and Deflection chance. Which may be making it completely worthless against Special Damage attacks.

But also… how do you report a bug that’s almost entirely theoretical? I haven’t seen it cause a problem myself, just seen the swgoh.gg sample code. And there’s a lot of info I’m not sure how to fill out in that case.

Test it.
    Find an opponent with Mace zeta and launch some special attacks.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Test it.
    Find an opponent with Mace zeta and launch some special attacks.

Easier said than done. No arena shard chat, not the type to ask people to set certain defenses in GAC much less throw random things at them. Plus no zeta for Mace in GAC for a few days. And I don’t have the Zeta myself. Was planning on getting it so I might test it at some point but now I’m not sure.
  • Options
    Hmmm. It does look like it's missing.
    I agree it is usually best to test and get a video for a bug report.

You could try to see if there are any videos on YouTube that shows the bug. It's quite possible people encountered it without realising.

If all else fails, you can log the report with just the swgoh.gg code for them to test.
    Just bear in mind that doesn't always work.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Doesn't matter if it's theoretical, you can still report it. Even better if you managed to grab a video testing it.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>