What is supposed to be the drop rate on the current Galactic Chase?

Stenun
851 posts Member
Having spent 200 energy on Hard Ship Nodes so far and received 0 shards from the Galactic Chase, I am, now calling in to question the statement in the gamed that "this unit's drop rate has been scaled to Ship Energy". That wording implies some sort of fixed drop rate: X energy gets you 1 shard. But that's clearly not the case.
If it's still "X energy gets you one chance at 30% for 1 shard", then I feel the in game information should be clarified. Because at the moment it's misleading to the point of being wrong.

Replies

• Options
    it could just be super low
    hello
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    Having spent 200 energy on Hard Ship Nodes so far and received 0 shards from the Galactic Chase, I am, now calling in to question the statement in the gamed that "this unit's drop rate has been scaled to Ship Energy". That wording implies some sort of fixed drop rate: X energy gets you 1 shard. But that's clearly not the case.
    If it's still "X energy gets you one chance at 30% for 1 shard", then I feel the in game information should be clarified. Because at the moment it's misleading to the point of being wrong.

I don't think 200 energy is a statistically significant enough data set to raise the alarm regarding the drop rate. That's what, 10 hard node attempts? A run of luck like that isn't unexpected

Edit: I don't think you are ever guaranteed a shard for X amount of energy spent. It has always been, and likely always will be, a % chance based on the amount of energy being spent
  • Options
    I got 1 shard out of 15 attempts at 20 energy. My guess it’s a fairly low droprate.
  • crzydroid
    7332 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's talking about the energy cost per node. Not that if you spend infinite amounts of energy you will be guaranteed infinite shards. So if the rate is 4% per energy, a 20 energy node will give you 80% per sim, whereas a 16 energy node will give you 64% per sim. However, since you can do more battles with the same energy on the lower nodes, the expected number of shards stays the same per energy spent. Spending 200 energy, you would expect to get 8 shards, no matter the node. But it's absolutely possible to get 0.

On the most recent Galactic Chases, however, people have reported droprates on only about 3%, so if this was nerfed overall, there's a higher chance of getting 0.
  • Options
    I got 1 shard out of 15 attempts at 20 energy. My guess it’s a fairly low droprate.

Same. this chase is trash.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    It isn't a Galactic Chase, which has a 3% drop rate per energy spent. This is Bonus Drops, which has an undisclosed drop rate per energy spent. But they have never given very many, so I assume it is a max of 1%.
  • Options
    1 20 node attempt 1 shard 100% baby!!
  • Options
    I doubt there is much data out there, because many players are likely ignoring these bonus drops. I know I am, and at least one other person has mentioned it to me.

There has not been anything to farm from hard ships for a long time. Maybe Omega was the last one? And there was a massive gap between Omega and the one before her. So it is likely that many players have nothing to farm from Fleet Hard, and using the energy for shard shop currency is terrible compared to farming g12 salvage.

Then, if you have SoJ already, there is even less reason to do it. So that accounts for another slice of the community.

If it's the same as a galactic chase there has been a statement from CG that it is 2% per energy for a galactic chase on fleet. But that was a long time ago, like the second or third chase ever. It may have changed since then, and if course, this is not a chase, it's bonus drops, so could be whatever.

If you're trying to figure out how much energy you need to spend to finish him off, I wouldn't base the estimate on anything higher than 1%.
  • Options
    I got one shard in my first 560 energy spent, but then I got a miraculous 3 shards in the next 100 energy, but now 0 in the next 200.

So 4 in 860 = 0.47%
  • Options
    It's garbage. If I had known it would be this low, I would never have spent crystals on energy last night before changeover.

I have 4 shards based on 900 energy. So... also just less than 0.5%/energy spent.

No more refreshes on this. Nope. If i could get back the 450 crystals I spent I would do it even if it meant trading away all 4 whole shards.
  • Options
    There is nothing I am farming on fleet hard nodes so I am not wasting energy. If they made it all ship battles them maybe I would try and spend crystals.
  • Options
    Hm, worthless character on a node no one uses. How uncharacteristic CG!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    I’ve gotten 15 shards so far… not entirely sure how much energy I’ve spent though. Around 1000.

Also remember the going rate for SoJ shards will probably be 5 for 600 crystals. So this does save you some, unless you can spend Conquest Currency or don’t care about him at all. I’m really just farming him so I can be “caught up” once the next batch rolls around / at least caught up enough to finish Interceptor from just boxes.
  • Options
    And hey, there’s the Boba SoJ packs in the store for you.
  • Options
    Anyway, I’ll get him next conquest. Just thought this was supposed to be a sort of redemption from CG for their massive bug breakdown during the initial 3 scion conquests. Guess not, CG is CG to the bitter end.
  • Options
    They were 4% for a long time, but then the last one was hidden nerfed to 3% and never acknowledged by CG.
    For all we know, it can be less than 3%.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    They were 4% for a long time, but then the last one was hidden nerfed to 3% and never acknowledged by CG.

Just want to reiterate that this is not a Chase. This is Bonus Drops. CG has never told us what the drop rate for Bonus Drops is, but it has definitely never been even 3%.
  • Options
    Yeah, this is closer to 0.5% I would guess
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    I took time out from farming Omega for a couple of months so I'm on 51/100 shards still and I never bothered farming the Sith Fighter because ... well, look at it. So I can justify spending 100 energy twice a day to farm each node 5 times.
    So that means that so far I have spent 400 energy and, in an update to my OP, I can now report that I have now reached the grand total, the epic amount ... of 0 shards for Boba.
    400 energy, 0 shards. This is stupid.
  • Options
    I gave up farming my G12 pieces to try out some useless Hard Nodes.

Got a few shards but not sure it was worth giving up 2 days of G12 farming
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Just want to reiterate that this is not a Chase. This is Bonus Drops. CG has never told us what the drop rate for Bonus Drops is, but it has definitely never been even 3%.

Given that with 'Bonus drops' CG confirmed 4%, then actually did 3%, does it really matter any more what they call an event/say about it?
    Their words are completely useless. In a way I'm glad they stopped communicating, because that would just be more lies.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options

Given that with 'Bonus drops' CG confirmed 4%, then actually did 3%, does it really matter any more what they call an event/say about it?
    Their words are completely useless. In a way I'm glad they stopped communicating, because that would just be more lies.

Except, as I mentioned, CG has never told us the drop rate for Bonus Drops. You are confusing them with a Galactic Chase. A Chase used to have 4% drop per energy, but now has 3%. Bonus Drops has an unknown, but very low, drop rate.
  • Options
    And bonus drops have a variable drop rate, probably depending on how valuable CG thinks the character is. The Fennec bonus drops where really high.
  • Options

Except, as I mentioned, CG has never told us the drop rate for Bonus Drops. You are confusing them with a Galactic Chase. A Chase used to have 4% drop per energy, but now has 3%. Bonus Drops has an unknown, but very low, drop rate.

The point was, even if they told us the drop rates of the Bonus drops, would you believe it?

For Galactic chase, they said 4%, then did 3%.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options

The point was, even if they told us the drop rates of the Bonus drops, would you believe it?

For Galactic chase, they said 4%, then did 3%.

If they told us today, then yes, no reason not to believe it. When they told us 4% that information was accurate.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    So as reported in my OP, on the first day I got 0 shards from 200 energy.
    Later I reported that I got 0 shards from 200 energy on the second day, too.
    Today, on the third day, I got 3 shards from 200 energy.
    All told, that's 600 energy and 3 shards
    So that now means my grand total of shards for Boba Fett, Scion of Jango.is 208.
    Now given that all future shard acquisitions will be in groups of 5 (or even 10) as per every other character you buy with currency, what has effectively happened here is that I've spent 600 energy and have acquired 3 shards that will one day be turned into currency for the shard shop.

What a colossal waste of everryone's time! LOL
  • Options
    i kept using normal energy during this event because i have unlocked everything from hard node ships and had assumed the drop rate was so low I would be better off farming my normal g12+ gear i farm there. its not like a couple boba shards are going to make it any easier to unlock boba and is just like supposedly making Razor Crest more available and easier to farm. Its an empty event that ea/cg can pat themselves on the back and put it on their resume to share with apple and google of how they run community events for players.

this game does the minimal it has to do to keep players playing and this event to me is one that shows the pattern of how ea/cg likes to say they are doing something for community when in fact it is empty promise.
  • Options
    I've used 450 total crystals (50 crystal refreshes) I've received an average of 10 a day
  • sigsig
    236 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Pretty sure it's 3% for cantina energy and 1.5% for regular/fleet energy for all chases. It was previously 4 and 2 percent but seems like they lowered it for all of them.
  • Options
    sigsig wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's 3% for cantina energy and 1.5% for regular/fleet energy for all chases. It was previously 4 and 2 percent but seems like they lowered it for all of them.

I think the Boba drops are a Bonus Drop, not a Chase. Although I’m not sure if that changes much.