After a GL...

CT7099
30 posts Member
Hello!
F2P player here, currently grinding for my first GL, SEE. I started going after him 4 months ago and only 3 toons are remaining. After SEE, I don't know whether to go for GAS, Malak or another GL, any directions would be appreciated. :)

https://swgoh.gg/p/251375171/

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

Btw it's too late now but I really wish that I would've gone for SLKR instead, SEE is too squishy. :(

Replies

• crzydroid
    7317 posts Moderator
    Options
    SEE can be very good on offense with just Armorer or Wat. I don't think any GL is a wasted investment.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Always look to rebalance your roster after the lengthy, focused grind of a GL unlock where you likely neglected other squads: what squads need upgrading? is there a squad you haven't built yet which would benefit you?

Where you are at, I would consider pushing for GAS next. Gives you another strong squad and beefs up your GR and Separatist factions.
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    SLKR
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Gas or any other GL.
    Malak can't be compared to those.
  • Options
    FTP here as well, I didn't go after Rey or SLKR originally because I thought it would be harder than it is. I was mid GAS farm when SEE and JML were announced, so I paused GAS to unlock SEE. I went back to GAS then I got JML, then finished off some teams and have started my SLKR farm.
  • Options
    CT7099 wrote: »
    Hello!
    F2P player here, currently grinding for my first GL, SEE. I started going after him 4 months ago and only 3 toons are remaining. After SEE, I don't know whether to go for GAS, Malak or another GL, any directions would be appreciated. :)

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

Btw it's too late now but I really wish that I would've gone for SLKR instead, SEE is too squishy. :(

GLs kinda come after core teams have been invested in. There are rosters that destroy 2 to 4 GLs when they have none.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

GLs kinda come after core teams have been invested in. There are rosters that destroy 2 to 4 GLs when they have none.

Beating 4GLs without 1? I kinda doubt that's ever happened.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

Rey - GAS, JMK - Bad Batch (+BH if CAT), SEE - GG, SLKR - Jedi.

My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

Yeah, it's theoretically possible but consider the odds. GG vs SEE alone is fairly low

Also the setup would be extremely rare: One, you have 0 GL vs 4 GL. Two, you have someone who has JKL, GAS, BB, maybe CAT but NOT a GL. Then the guy with 4 needs to set all 4.

Then the 4 GLs need to be exactly the 4 you listed

Then the guy with no GLs has to not only beat all 4 GLs, but also win ("destroy") the other guy.

I'm very doubtful this scenario has ever occurred.
  • Options
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

Yeah, it's theoretically possible but consider the odds. GG vs SEE alone is fairly low

Also the setup would be extremely rare: One, you have 0 GL vs 4 GL. Two, you have someone who has JKL, GAS, BB, maybe CAT but NOT a GL. Then the guy with 4 needs to set all 4.

Then the guy with no GLs has to not only beat all 4 GLs, but also win ("destroy") the other guy.

I think it has occurred far more than you realize. The matchmaking is designed to pair skillful players with quality non-GL rosters against less skillful players with multi-GLs that even sometimes don't participate in GAC.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

I think it has occurred far more than you realize. The matchmaking is designed to pair skillful players with quality non-GL rosters against less skillful players with multi-GLs that even sometimes don't participate in GAC.

The MM is in absolutely no way designed to do that. It can happen by chance, but not design.
  • Options
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

The MM is in absolutely no way designed to do that. It can happen by chance, but not design.

Oh I strongly disagree.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

Oh I strongly disagree.

Then you're wrong. This isn't a matter of opinion, the system is pretty clear, but if you choose to remain ignorant to how it works, that's on you.
  • Options
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

Oh I strongly disagree.

Then you're wrong. This isn't a matter of opinion, the system is pretty clear, but if you choose to remain ignorant to how it works, that's on you.

I can see many paths for that to happen. You can call it ignorant if you want, but the only thing that could resolve the name-calling would be data and data-analysis.

Roster quality versus countering skill are two of three factors that have people moving up and down the skill ladders. I faced P2Pers as I moved up Kyber that were consistently more GLs than me: my 1 to their 2, 3, and 4. You might get hung on my wording that the game is designed to do matchmake this way, but there are really only 4 factors that go into someone moving up and down:
    - countering
    - GAC battle strategy
    - modding
    - your roster

The wins and losses that matchmaking is directly done by is indirectly done by those 4 factors. So when I say that's how matchmaking is done, that is what I meant at least.

I would love to see the data either way on non-GL players in kyber. I imagine the bottom of kyber is now filled with non-attackers that just put multi-GL defenses down and they only attack to see if they can get 1 zone wins. It's all just speculation without data though
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

Oh I strongly disagree.

I can see many paths for that to happen. You can call it ignorant if you want, but the only thing that could resolve the name-calling would be data and data-analysis.

Roster quality versus countering skill are two of three factors that have people moving up and down the skill ladders. I faced P2Pers as I moved up Kyber that were consistently more GLs than me: my 1 to their 2, 3, and 4. You might get hung on my wording that the game is designed to do matchmake this way, but there are really only 4 factors that go into someone moving up and down:
    - countering
    - GAC battle strategy
    - modding
    - your roster

The wins and losses that matchmaking is directly done by is indirectly done by those 4 factors. So when I say that's how matchmaking is done, that is what I meant at least.

I would love to see the data either way on non-GL players in kyber. I imagine the bottom of kyber is now filled with non-attackers that just put multi-GL defenses down and they only attack to see if they can get 1 zone wins. It's all just speculation without data though

I didn't get "hung up" on your words, they're just wrong.

If you instead want to say that there is more to winning than having the most GLs, you would be correct. But that's not what you said the first time.
  • Options
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

Oh I strongly disagree.

- countering
    - GAC battle strategy
    - modding
    - your roster

If you instead want to say that there is more to winning than having the most GLs, you would be correct. But that's not what you said the first time.

Hard to prove a person is wrong without evidence.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

Oh I strongly disagree.

- countering
    - GAC battle strategy
    - modding
    - your roster

Then you agree I must be correct. Nice.
  • Options
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

Oh I strongly disagree.

- countering
    - GAC battle strategy
    - modding
    - your roster

? How do you conclude that? You are the 1 contending I am wrong, or have you forgotten what you have written? If you are going to negate another person's posit without asking for their evidence, then logically the onus is on you to put forth your anti-thetical evidence. That's kind-of how intellectual discourse works...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

Oh I strongly disagree.

- countering
    - GAC battle strategy
    - modding
    - your roster

? How do you conclude that? You are the 1 contending I am wrong, or have you forgotten what you have written? If you are going to negate another person's posit without asking for their evidence, then logically the onus is on you to put forth your anti-thetical evidence. That's kind-of how intellectual discourse works...

Prove it.
  • Options
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

Oh I strongly disagree.

- countering
    - GAC battle strategy
    - modding
    - your roster

Prove it.

You can't prove invisible pink unicorn elephants exist.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

Oh I strongly disagree.

- countering
    - GAC battle strategy
    - modding
    - your roster

Prove it.

That's why I'm clearly right.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Hello!

eegiiga1hg2v.jpg

Oh I strongly disagree.

- countering
    - GAC battle strategy
    - modding
    - your roster

Prove it.

I can, I have a photo of one right here:
    08afvhyy7xqg.jpeg
    It’s right in front of the tree