Zam Omicron Mechanics (expert level inquiry)

When reading the omicron ability, the description specifically states “… Other Bounty Hunter Allies gain 20% of Zam’s current Offense, Max Health, Max Protection, and Speed until the first time she is defeated.”

Can anybody, with certainty, confirm or deny that bounty hunter Allie’s gain Zam’s current stats and not just the stats at the beginning of the encounter?

That is, if Zam’s stats increase due to buffs (Offense Up, Speed Up) in-battle, do her bounty hunter allies immediately gain stat boosts due to the omicron, or no?

I’ve been trying to clock my team after using Zam’s special that grants Speed Up, but I can’t quite figure it out for sure. It’s hard to tell with Offense Up as there are a lot of moving parts with contracts and pay-outs on each individual BH.

All help and information is welcome!

anhlnho4nw6i.jpeg

igo0cnr9ii1k.jpeg

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    (Nevermind, I should read better)
  • Options
    From how I read the order of operations, and mechanics (https://swgoh.gg/characters/zam-wesell/ability/shapeshifter), this reads that zam increases her stats, and subsequent to that, then takes the % of her current stat, (assumably after modification, given the operational order) and applies it to each ally.

It's a long string of mechanics, but I believe that is the function of it from what I read.
  • Train
    56 posts Member
    Options
    My understanding is that this ability is a “one time” trigger at the start of the encounter. It does include the 60% bump (and 5%/BH speed), but is never updated again until Zam dies (in which case you lose it all). If Zam gained offense up, speed up, or health up during the battle, I don’t see anything in the mechanics description that would lead me to believe the bonuses are recalculated and redistributed during the fight. I agree it would be difficult to tell for certain.

For your calculations, remember if you get speed up, it increases base speed only not the portion added by Zam’s unique.