Scavenger after update

Lumiya
1480 posts Member
I might be mistaken, but in the road ahead they said that after the big update at the end of the month we will be able to craft gear at the Scavenger. I couldn't find any function at the Scavenger to craft gear.
We are all made of star-stuff

Replies

• Options
    I wouldnt get my hopes up.. It'll probably be like you can give 50 mk3 carb to get 1 mk3 sienar holo salvage.
  • Options
    This was just server maintenance, things like that will be in a future title update like they always are.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    This is what they said:
    "Jawa Scavenger Update
    Shifting gears, the Salvager will be experiencing some big changes! After the next title update, if you head over to the friendly but accident prone Jawa in the corner of the Cantina, you’ll find he’s now offering to craft gear for you. No more holding on to one character at G7 to craft specific gear to break down for Relics! It’s also handy to look at recipes and prepare for your next character unlock."
    So this wasn't a title update? It's hard to keep track and I assumed it would be this one because it was a big one, or at least seemed so.
  • Options
    Read what I just wrote, I literally just explained it
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    This is what they said:
    "Jawa Scavenger Update
    Shifting gears, the Salvager will be experiencing some big changes! After the next title update, if you head over to the friendly but accident prone Jawa in the corner of the Cantina, you’ll find he’s now offering to craft gear for you. No more holding on to one character at G7 to craft specific gear to break down for Relics! It’s also handy to look at recipes and prepare for your next character unlock."
    So this wasn't a title update? It's hard to keep track and I assumed it would be this one because it was a big one, or at least seemed so.

This was not a title update. As a matter of fact, this was not an update. You also said nothing changed, so why would you even think there was an update.
    There wasn't.

This was server maintenance. Clearing cache, changing drives.
  • PumaK
    301 posts Member
    Options
    No update, maintenance it's a different thing
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    This is what they said:
    "Jawa Scavenger Update

This was not a title update. As a matter of fact, this was not an update. You also said nothing changed, so why would you even think there was an update.
    There wasn't.

Uhm, why would I even think this was an update? What kind of question is that? I thought this was an update, as I explained it before because it seemed like something big because of the downtime, saw that nothing changed at the Scavenger and that's why I came here to ask.
    This next is not just directed at you... seriously, did I hurt someone by coming here and asking? I thought the forums are here to have a platform to communicate. There is so much going on, on different platforms and things where it seems every little word or how something is called means something completely else, eventhough things in the past already got crossed with each other by CG. Road ahead now contains past implementations, State of the Galaxy seems to have merged with it so excuse me if I can not always keep up with what is meant at any given message from CG or if I get confused and come here where other fellow players are, and ask.
    I don't understand why some people have to be so unfriendly here sometimes even when it is about the smallest things.
  • Options
    Hi Holotable Heroes!
    A quick reminder that our servers will undergo maintenance starting at approximately March 29th 00:00 PDT / March 29th 07:00 UTC.
    The game will be down for a period of roughly one hour while we work on the servers. Our goal is to be back online as soon as possible. Updates will be provided on the forums in the Game Updates section per usual.
    See you on the Holotables!
    hello
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    This is what they said:
    "Jawa Scavenger Update

There wasn't.

Uhm, why would I even think this was an update? What kind of question is that? I thought this was an update, as I explained it before because it seemed like something big because of the downtime, saw that nothing changed at the Scavenger and that's why I came here to ask.
    This next is not just directed at you... seriously, did I hurt someone by coming here and asking? I thought the forums are here to have a platform to communicate. There is so much going on, on different platforms and things where it seems every little word or how something is called means something completely else, eventhough things in the past already got crossed with each other by CG. Road ahead now contains past implementations, State of the Galaxy seems to have merged with it so excuse me if I can not always keep up with what is meant at any given message from CG or if I get confused and come here where other fellow players are, and ask.
    I don't understand why some people have to be so unfriendly here sometimes even when it is about the smallest things.

Updates usually have no downtime in terms of not being able to log in. Players are forced to go to the store and then update and redownload assests for the major ones. Sometimes smaller patch fixes and things will just require a restart, and may be accompanied by some smaller downloading of assets.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    This is what they said:
    "Jawa Scavenger Update

There wasn't.

Updates usually have no downtime in terms of not being able to log in. Players are forced to go to the store and then update and redownload assests for the major ones. Sometimes smaller patch fixes and things will just require a restart, and may be accompanied by some smaller downloading of assets.

Thank you 🙂
  • Options
    What am I missing here? I updated yesterday and had the client restart today. People in my guild can craft gear. I can't.

2abr52bp0bxm.jpg
  • Options
    What am I missing here? I updated yesterday and had the client restart today. People in my guild can craft gear. I can't.

2abr52bp0bxm.jpg
    You have to hold down the gear you want to craft but it seems you can only craft gear you could before. You can’t exchange salvage for gear
  • Options
    Hmm, let me try that. Thanks.
  • Options
    J4mes1111 wrote: »

2abr52bp0bxm.jpg
    You have to hold down the gear you want to craft but it seems you can only craft gear you could before. You can’t exchange salvage for gear

That did it, thanks.
  • Options
    I still don't understand what changed
  • Options

As far as I understand, if you want lets say 1 full mk3 sienar holo (not 20 salvages), you no longer have to go to a character that requires that gear, and press craft there, but you can just go tp the scavenger, click the mk3 sienar holo and click craft there.

I guess it saves you like 2 minutes figuring out which character needs that gear and go over there.
    Not much improvement for me personally.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I guess it saves you like 2 minutes figuring out which character needs that gear and go over there.

What if the gear you want to craft can only be done by a specific toon while it was still at a lower gear level? Before the update, if that was your situation, you were SOL.

Like the post said, no need to keep specific toons at gear 7 (or whatever gear level you would have needed), just so you can craft certain gear.
    Post edited by LendersQuiz on
  • Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    Options
    You also don't need to keep certain characters at G12 to craft Electrium Conductor pieces.
  • Options

What if the gear you want to craft can only be done by a specific toon while it was still at a lower gear level? Before the update, if that was your situation, you were SOL.

Like the post said, no need to keep specific toons at gear 7 (or whatever gear level you would have needed), just so you can craft certain gear.

Do you often craft such?
    I usually just do mk3 sienar holos. If you ran out of characters that need it.... Then you have very different problems than I do lol.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

Do you often craft such?
    I usually just do mk3 sienar holos. If you ran out of characters that need it.... Then you have very different problems than I do lol.

I think a lot of people leave Ugnaught at G5(?) so they can craft mk7 armor and blastech mods for chromium transistors.

Not that I’m now suddenly going to gear up ugnaught, but it’s nice not having to go to characters to craft stuff.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Do you often craft such?
    It happened up until the update. I have no problems or issues at all since.
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    I think a lot of people leave Ugnaught at G5...
    Mine is at G11. I was bored. :)
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Options
    At the very least I can now remove Ugnaught from my favorites.
  • Options
    The way they worded the update seemed like scavy was getting an overhaul but it looks the same
  • Options
    The way they worded the update seemed like scavy was getting an overhaul but it looks the same
    It’s just the crafting within scavenger that’s new, which is a welcome addition.
  • Options
    It’s just the crafting within scavenger that’s new, which is a welcome addition.

Don't think I can craft full carbanti pieces in there yet
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options

Sure you can
    yrelubwpv44q.jpg
  • Options

Are you sure?
  • KingOfLosing
    454 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Are you sure?

My apologies. Havent combed thoroughly enough through scavenger. Thanks for providing more clarity
  • Wrathe
    198 posts Member
    Options

As far as I understand, if you want lets say 1 full mk3 sienar holo (not 20 salvages), you no longer have to go to a character that requires that gear, and press craft there, but you can just go tp the scavenger, click the mk3 sienar holo and click craft there.

It's more for older players w/ deeply developed rosters. For example, Transistor Relic I tend to make Blastek VII's to sell, but only have 2 characters left who can craft them, so that character is stuck at his gear level if I want to make those pieces, until now.

If you're not in that quandary, that ya, it's just a more efficient UI experience.