RP? 86? No one?

Oootini
636 posts Member
Got my lumi and phasma to 7*. Currently have no need or any other toons in GW. I heard RP is a beast with dooku lead, but 86 hits really hard. I've always managed to kill 86 before it can shoot unless the leader is HK or something, so don't think he'll add to my squad. Or do I just hoard the tokens? I don't they'll be adding anyone soon due to magma trooper being recently added. I hate making these decisions lol. I'm leaning to RP

Replies

• Options
    I would lean towards RP over 86 but I do want them both eventually.
  • Options
    Search button
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    pnutbutter wrote: »
    Search button

Sorry I know :( was a bit lazy lol. I have a question. Does her unique apply when any team member dodges or just her? So if say Sid dodges does she get that TM. If so I may have to rethink my squad:)
  • Options
    Both are good toons, 86 needs a taunt but can dish out beaucoup damage with assist. RP is good with Dooku because of the TM on evade. Depends on your squad which is the better choice for you.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Well I have both a taunter (Han) and dooku lead lol. My thinking is that if I drop in phasma, I essentially get a free turn. If you hit Han I get TM. If I dodge I get TM lol
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    I have a head start on 86 due to the toon of the month and pulled him in a bronzium after, but I'm still thinking of going for RP. Guess I'll farm 86 after unless they add a better toon
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I run a well geared, 7* lvl71 IG-86 and I really like him a lot. His basic crits almost every time and his special can kill a char. I had him crit for 11k+ on a Dooku or Sid today. I know he's easy to kill, but strangly mine rarely dies before he gets a chance to shine.
    Oh, BTW, my QGJ seems to like 86 a lot also, 'cause he calls him for assist pretty often.
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Vodo wrote: »
    I run a well geared, 7* lvl71 IG-86 and I really like him a lot. His basic crits almost every time and his special can kill a char. I had him crit for 11k+ on a Dooku or Sid today. I know he's easy to kill, but strangly mine rarely dies before he gets a chance to shine.
    Oh, BTW, my QGJ seems to like 86 a lot also, 'cause he calls him for assist pretty often.

ATM I can either run a squad with dooku lead or an assist squad with ohasma lead. I think if I stick with the assist squad RP would be a better choice because if she gets called then she has a chance to get more TM. Couple that with being protected by a tank that can manipulate TM and her potential foresight I think she'll be more beneficial then 86.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    No idea about RP, don't have him/her
  • Options
    Both are good toons, 86 needs a taunt but can dish out beaucoup damage with assist. RP is good with Dooku because of the TM on evade. Depends on your squad which is the better choice for you.

This! They both can be a real pain depending on the rest of the squad!
  • Options

This! They both can be a real pain depending on the rest of the squad!

They are really build dependant. While my RP is ready fo0r 7 I've not used her or put in the resources. My 86 I used on builds. He is a risk without taunt, but I ran him on an assist team Poggle led and honestly he was worth his spot. His basic hits hard, his special on Poggle lead I have 1hko 7* any character I faced but 5's, took him to red though. I find 86 more an issue to face than RP personally, though I see more 86 than RP.
  • Options
    Poggle..
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Once again, RP.

The answer is RP.

Search your feelings you know it to be true.
  • Rex
    38 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have both at 7*. Both are great. If I had to choose one, it would be RP due to the TM gains and she always hits hard, and I often run QGJ or Dooku as lead, so she works well with both. That said, IG-86 can dish out serious damage with his special. You can't go wrong with either.
  • Options
    Lumi > Phasma > Poggle > IG86 > RP
  • Options
    I want for Poggle on iOS and RP on Android device.
    I like RP much more. damage is huge. Turn meter manipulation works fantastic with Dooku (L).
    Going for droids was a huge mistake.
  • Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    Lumi > Phasma > Poggle > IG86 > RP

I don't think this matches the current meta at all. It's definitely Lumi (for GW) > RP (w/Dooku lead or assists) or 86 (otherwise) > Phasma > Poggle. IMO Poggle is very weak right now on defense as you'll lose 2 toons before they can benefit from his Offense Up.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    RPs basic hits for more and she gains meter on Crits, dodges and basics.

So on a QG, GS assist team having RP as the hammer is very effective and better than adding another assisted to that same squad.

RP needs a team designed to take advantage of her strengths.

I rank them Lumi RP Phasma, 86 but my team gets the most out of her. With the fortitude coming in both of them might be buffed but I think droids in general might improve more because they are all slow. So if you can't kill 88 before he AOEs then droids become dominant again so 86 might be the way to go.