No red5, you get outlander :(

Prev1
Decicrim
234 posts Member
While I think it’s awesome we are getting more ships, I can’t say I’m not a little disappointed. There is now more rebel ships than reinforcement slots for home one. But they chose Outlander over Red 5 for the rebel fleet. This just makes me a little sad.

How do you feel about outlander being the new rebel ship?

Replies

• Options
    At this point, any new ship is a win for me.
  • TargetEadu
    1578 posts Member
    Options
    Red5 deserves an event like the Falcon. I do feel like a Rebel Ship is not what we needed, but it does give some flexibility in not using Cassian/Biggs/etc
  • Options
    We didn't need either. They are being so stubborn and thick headed about ships. If they give us stuff we actually need people will spend more. But I guess that hasn't occurred to them yet?
  • Decicrim
    234 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Red5 deserves an event like the Falcon. I do feel like a Rebel Ship is not what we needed, but it does give some flexibility in not using Cassian/Biggs/etc

Fully agree Red 5 could be a journey event like falcon. I would have loved that vs another gc.

Where would you use Biggs/cassian/etc if you didn’t use them With home one?
    I was thinking wedge and cassian would be the ones left on the sidelines mostly
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Turasleon wrote: »
    At this point, any new ship is a win for me.

This. I’m just glad they’re adding more ships.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Personally I grew up during the 64 days so Dash and the outrider were top favourites of mine.

I believe Red 5 has to come to the game at some point. However to me it’s just another x wing in terms of looks and the outrider looks unique.

At the end of the day, any ship is welcome in my mind. We can be picky about what factions and such but the game needs ships desperately regardless of faction.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Personally I grew up during the 64 days so Dash and the outrider were top favourites of mine.

I believe Red 5 has to come to the game at some point. However to me it’s just another x wing in terms of looks and the outrider looks unique.

At the end of the day, any ship is welcome in my mind. We can be picky about what factions and such but the game needs ships desperately regardless of faction.

Well the faction does matter. We can’t put rebel ships on the endurance or the executrix. Those are the ships that need ships to round out more fleets. We could also use more resistance ships since the bomber is a big bomb so far. While they’re at it they can rework endurance a bit to make it not such a trash ship. It’s easily the worst in the game and is useless except for maybe a cannon fodder to absorb executor’s mass assist
  • Options
    We all should've kinda knew the Outrider would be coming when they announced Dash Rendar. Would anyone be surprised if they introduced a Raven's Claw or Moldy Crow for Kyle Katarn later this year?

I feel it would've been easier and quicker for CG to give us more Galactic Republic starfighters because they can just copy and paste the existing ship designs, and recolor them. It's been established that Kit Fisto and GM Yoda has their own starfighter shown in Clone Wars. It's more than plausible Aayla Secura has her own too. Gotta fill up for Mace Windu's ship lineup somehow, since most people use Negotiator.

Regarding Empire, Executrix needs more starfighters - The Grand Inquistor has his own unique version of a TIE Advanced as per the TV series Rebels; a Shadow Guard can have a recolored TIE Interceptor; copy and paste the same idea of the FO SF TIE Pilot for the Empire and recolor the standard TIE; Iden Versio with her own Inferno Squad repainted version of a TIE; and is it possible to get a TIE Striker?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    It’s almost guaranteed Red 5 will be much more expensive than a marquee ship based on popularity tbh, for all we know Dash’s ship could be a requirement for a rebel ship JG event similar to how RC was an executor req.
  • Options
    Red 5 is Luke's XWing.
  • Options
    Red 5 is Luke's XWing.
    Luke's X-Wing is Red 5.

Red 5 is not Luke's X-Wing. :p

Red 5 died at the Battle of Scarif [Film: Rogue One]. Pilot was Pedrin Gaul.

Would CG troll us by giving us the Rogue One Red 5?
    :p
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Red 5 is Luke's XWing.
    Luke's X-Wing is Red 5.

Red 5 is not Luke's X-Wing. :p

Red 5 died at the Battle of Scarif [Film: Rogue One]. Pilot was Pedrin Gaul.

Would CG troll us by giving us the Rogue One Red 5?
    :p

Release rogue one red 5 as a legendary and then release Luke’s red 5 as the executor equivalent requiring the rogue one red 5
  • Options
    Forget Red 5, Where is Red 6 and Porkins!
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Options
    Give me Lt Kettch, and do it now.
  • Options
    Dinnae fash yerself sassernach.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    CG really wants us to farm Starkiller :D
    I wouldn’t mind if there was not 3 toons behind cantina energy while i need to farm relics
  • Options
    Yersel
  • Options
    This is the last place I expected to see Scottish patois!
  • Wed_Santa
    982 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Patter.

And it’s useful with all the forum filters - so for example, ‘awa an bile yer heid , ya ba’ bag’ is I believe compliant with the rules. Good to have in your back pocket
  • Wed_Santa
    982 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    My bad - they’ve cottoned on - edited now
  • Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    Patter.

And it’s useful with all the forum filters - so for example, ‘awa an bile yer heid , ya ba’ bag’ is I believe compliant with the rules. Good to have in your back pocket

I write a column for Aberdeen’s local paper, frequently in Doric. It taks aboot 6 months tae convince ma phone nae tae autocorrect a’thin.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Tie defender anyone ? Why no love for empire ?

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot what I really wanna talk abt ...

What happened to crewless ships ?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Crewless ships are mid, ships with already relic’d or good crew members are superior
  • Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    Patter.

I write a column for Aberdeen’s local paper, frequently in Doric. It taks aboot 6 months tae convince ma phone nae tae autocorrect a’thin.

You’re a P & J loon? Excellent. Although I’m not sure if the holotables are ready for the full Doric. Even I struggle with reading the Scots Quair now and again and I’m fully immersed in Glesca patter & Ayrshire Lallans, fit like….
  • Options
    Forget Red 5, Where is Red 6 and Porkins!

If they released Red 6 and it didn't have a unique that triggers on the ship being defeated, there would be voices of millions of SWGOH players crying out in disappointment.

starwarsday-porkins.gif
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    Options
    What if we’re getting a second Rebel fleet? Could easily explain the focus on Rebel ships and could also be part of reqs for a new Rebel GL
  • Options
    Gorgus wrote: »
    What if we’re getting a second Rebel fleet? Could easily explain the focus on Rebel ships and could also be part of reqs for a new Rebel GL

What would a second Rebel capital ship be? The Fortressa? With an ultimate X wing wave? Not very auspicious though when it comes to the Death Star
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe the Profundity (Raddus’ cap ship in Rogue One)?
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think this is leading to a second Rebel Fleet but I do think it is leading up to something big.
    Most people seem to be ignoring that Outrider has the Smuggler tag. No other Ship currently has it - not even any of the three Falcons. But what if they later went back and gave it to all three Falcons plus one or two others and then brought out a Capital Ship for Smugglers? Something like a LS rival to the Executor?
    First Light piloted by Qi'ra, anyone?