Modding and Mastery question

thewhitegift
295 posts Member
edited April 2022
Should you emphasize the 3 abilities that each character has as mastery, when considering modding? Does that make sense?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    Mods do not affect mastery, only Relic/gear levels affect that.
  • Options
    Mods do not affect mastery, only Relic/gear levels affect that.

Op was not talking about the mastery stat, the stats that go up based on relic levels, which are different for agility attackers, strength tanks etc. It means those stats are higher for the % bonuses to get applied to.

The most common stat from relics that I really take into account is crit chance. Once you're at 135% cc there is not much point in going higher, so I would get some other bonus instead from mods.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2336 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Op was not talking about the mastery stat, the stats that go up based on relic levels, which are different for agility attackers, strength tanks etc. It means those stats are higher for the % bonuses to get applied to.

The most common stat from relics that I really take into account is crit chance. Once you're at 135% cc there is not much point in going higher, so I would get some other bonus instead from mods.

Bold of you to claim OP isn’t talking about mastery when that’s part their post’s title…

If anything he’s referring to STR, AGI, and TAC; all of which are only affected by Relic/gear levels, not mods. Mastery itself is affected the same way.
  • Options
    I mean the abilities or skills or whatever you want to call them, the 3 of them that are written under "Mastery" when you look at a characters stats. Should one put emphasis, when modding, on those 3 things?
  • Options
    I mean the abilities or skills or whatever you want to call them, the 3 of them that are written under "Mastery" when you look at a characters stats. Should one put emphasis, when modding, on those 3 things?

Just post a screenshot…
  • Options
    Should you emphasize the 3 abilities that each character has as mastery, when considering modding? Does that make sense?

Not blanketed, but they are often related to what the character's role does and kinda makes sense to get some extra benefit out of stacking. There are cases where it is straight up silly.

It's kind of a case by case basis
  • Options

Mods don't affect those stats (STR, TAC, AGI). You're getting awkward responses because your question is oddly phrased.

You should focus your mods on the stats that are needed for that character for you. For example, those of us with omi Wampas are modding for bulk and Tenacity because those are the critical stats to solo teams with him. It doesn't really matter what his relic role boosts are.
  • Blubcop
    381 posts Member
    Options

Bold of you to claim OP isn’t talking about mastery when that’s part their post’s title…

If anything he’s referring to STR, AGI, and TAC

It's bold of you to claim that they refer to STR, AGI, and TAC when those three stats aren't affected by mastery
  • Options
    @thewhitegift I'm assuming you mean these "stats" listed next to Mastery when you open the stats on a character. If thats what you're referring to, I would say proceed with caution. It's a nice starting point, but most characters need to be modded to fill a role in a specific squad. Piett for example should not have an Accuracy arrow, even though it's a mastery stat for him. It's worth considering a characters mastery, but their role in a squad is paramount.
    3kifce2ilyjt.jpg
  • Options
    Blubcop wrote: »
    It's bold of you to claim that they refer to STR, AGI, and TAC when those three stats aren't affected by mastery

If you’re going to quote me, quote the whole thing.

My original response still is correct; mods have no relation to Mastery. Gear/Relic levels are the only thing relating to that, outside of in-battle mechanics.
  • Options

Mods don't affect those stats (STR, TAC, AGI). You're getting awkward responses because your question is oddly phrased.

You should focus your mods on the stats that are needed for that character for you. For example, those of us with omi Wampas are modding for bulk and Tenacity because those are the critical stats to solo teams with him. It doesn't really matter what his relic role boosts are.

I don't know. I think my response was kind-of correcting that. Holdo and Jolee gain mastery in Critical Avoidance and that is part of the reason their arrows are CA and not protection or health on my loadouts.

OP seemed to be asking if you try to stack stats with mastery of the toons in mind. The answer is sometimes it makes incredible sense. Sometimes newer mechanics and team comps override that completely.

If you are not paying attention to Jolee's CA and tenacity relationship then you are an ****. If you are not aware Jolee gets 7.5ish % CA from his mastery at R5 and including that in your calculation you just dropped from an A player to a B player