lost 49 points in GAC while "joining"

Fossi
2 posts Member
Hey guys,

I need some input here. I am at the edge of kyber 2 (right now) and kyber 3... so each point means a lot right now.

Here a screenshot from my swgoh.gg account:

u0m4ib6ybqbz.png

As you can see: After the last GAC i had 3370 points, all fine.
Then on april 5th the "join gac" day started. I did - and on this day, I lost 49 points. For what?

I already had set def but even if i did not - this day I only was able to klick once for "join", thats it.
How could I lose 49 points? Or is this a bug?

Thanks for any ideas.

Replies

• Options
    It's because of their "seasonal skill squish" at the beginning of each GAC season.
  • Options
    It gets worse - you will now also be relegated
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

How is it worse? Better yet how does it matter? You still get the higher rewards, and if you win and earn enough pts you will stay in the higher division. It only matters if you lose, where you'd be relegated anyway.

People should really stop talking about this system until they've learned how it works.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

How is it worse? Better yet how does it matter? You still get the higher rewards, and if you win and earn enough pts you will stay in the higher division. It only matters if you lose, where you'd be relegated anyway.

People should really stop talking about this system until they've learned how it works.

Its worse in that - DESPITE WINNING - I have just been relegated: mid week. I would expect you are about to experience the same thing
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options

Maybe you should follow your own advise...

There are people who already have been relegated after this round so they will get lower rewards, so yes it matters and no they do not still get higher rewards.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Its worse in that - DESPITE WINNING - I have just been relegated: mid week. I would expect you are about to experience the same thing

Nope, I won. Gained points. No relegation. Everything working exactly as expected.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Maybe you should follow your own advise...

There are people who already have been relegated after this round so they will get lower rewards, so yes it matters and no they do not still get higher rewards.

iy0ppw0xgc5f.jpg
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    He got squished into k3, and getting k3 rewards. Wth is he complaining about?!
  • Options
    I won this round and I have less points than before. How does this work???
  • Options

Ern Nope. I was promoted into K3 in the last GAC event.

I was squished back so far into K4 2 days ago - that even after winning my first battle in this GAC I am still relegated back into K4.

Also - show me where I was complaining. That post you are taking a partial quote from - is me asking why I had been relegated after a single battle. Which was answered: I had missed the update informing that the rues had been changed.

If I did want to complain - it would be that the intra GAC 'squishing' was a tad excessive. The only way I can compensate for the squish is to win this GAC event 3-0. Which means that 7 of the 8 of us in this GAC table will end this week relegated - even the 3 people that win 2-1. Does that sound fair to people who had just been promoted?

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Ern Nope. I was promoted into K3 in the last GAC event.

I was squished back so far into K4 2 days ago - that even after winning my first battle in this GAC I am still relegated back into K4.

Also - show me where I was complaining. That post you are taking a partial quote from - is me asking why I had been relegated after a single battle. Which was answered: I had missed the update informing that the rues had been changed.

If I did want to complain - it would be that the intra GAC 'squishing' was a tad excessive. The only way I can compensate for the squish is to win this GAC event 3-0. Which means that 7 of the 8 of us in this GAC table will end this week relegated - even the 3 people that win 2-1. Does that sound fair to people who had just been promoted?

You can't be squished from k3 to k4. All squishes push people toward k3.

Either you're the first person to ever be squished backward, or you're just missing something somewhere.

Also there is absolutely no "intra gac squishing." There are more changes during the week now, but it's essentially just a number. Your rewards end up the same as they ever were. (You did say you're receiving k3 rewards, no?)

I understand you weren't necessarily complaining, and don't blame you for seeking answers. That particular comment should probably have been directed at someone else.