GAC needs better notifications

Engage
267 posts Member
edited April 2022
I don't know if I wasn't paying attention or if I actually missed attacking round 2. But the only time this has ever happened was when there was a bug in the system and GAC was reset for maintenance.
I have never missed an attack phase in the history of all my years playing this game. I checked my team defense placements yesterday and they were placed, but it did not notify me that there was an attack phase. Something needs to be done about this because as far as I knew it was still in defense phase today.
Are other players having this issue?
Before you go to tell me that there was in fact an attack phase. A guild mate has already let me know. I'm making this post anyways because we NEED better notifications in this game for events and event phases. As an example: Players shouldn't need to miss rounds in territory battles because this company would rather advertise their conquest pass instead. I use every in game communication method at my disposal and it isn't enough because the game doesn't notify players that the round has changed.

8kj1irvavvq9.jpg
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    You just messed up.
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    Do you have push notifications active, I get reminders an hour or two before each phase ends.
  • Options
    There are lots of notifications in-game. I get a notification to buy a pack all the time...
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Do you have push notifications active, I get reminders an hour or two before each phase ends.

Push notifications are the worst. I have them disabled for every game because I do not want to know when there is a new deal or when my energy has regenerated. I am on the game 5+ times throughout the day. I never miss. This is the first time in however many years after the updates that I have missed.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    So you want more notifications, but you disable the ones that already exist?
  • Options
    attack phase is always 24 hours after defense phase
    hello
  • Engage
    267 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I play the game every few hours and check everything. When I am already in game I want a notification in game. How hard is that to understand? I'm already there checking everything like I'm OCD. I do not need push notifications. This is literally the first time in the history of me ever playing the game that I have not known there was an attack going on until I got the in game notification that the round has already ended.
    Any other time it has happened was when the people who made this game decided to cut it short.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Engage wrote: »

I play the game every few hours and check everything. When I am already in game I want a notification in game. How hard is that to understand? I'm already there checking everything like I'm OCD. I do not need push notifications. This is literally the first time in the history of me ever playing the game that I have not known there was an attack going on until I got the in game notification that the round has already ended.
    Any other time it has happened was when the people who made this game decided to cut it short.

You're on multiple times a day checking, then how can you miss something 24hrs long?
  • Options
    attack phase is always 24 hours after defense phase

this still applies

if you are in game every few hours you should know this
    hello
  • Options

Like this little thing that says "ATTACK!" during the attack phase?
    aycxmfu9joig.png
  • DMG_SW
    216 posts Member
    Options

Ok, yes, technically that is an in-game notification. But OP missed it, so obviously a different notification is needed. Is it really too much to ask for CG to activate the telepathic mind-link functionality they probably have to better notify OP so he doesn't miss the 24 hour long event that has followed the exact same timing for the last two years? Billion dollar game people.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    DMG_SW wrote: »

OP missed it, so obviously a different notification is needed.

OP missing it is absolutely not evidence that more notification is needed. It is evidence he needs to pay better attention to something that has worked the same way for years.
  • DMG_SW
    216 posts Member
    Options
    OP missing it is absolutely not evidence that more notification is needed. It is evidence he needs to pay better attention to something that has worked the same way for years.

I uh, ... I didn't think the /s was necessary.

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

I uh, ... I didn't think the /s was necessary.

Haha my bad... have to admit that was just dumb on my part. Carry on...
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

aycxmfu9joig.png
    Or this little thing that tells you the round, phase and time remaining whenever you click on the Arena Table.
    azopa6jl0gq6.png
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    Options
    I missed round 2 as well, but basically because I'm too busy for this game lately because of life and I also got dropped to Aurodium 3 as well. Cool deal CG!
  • Lor_San_Teka
    558 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

OP missed it, so obviously a different notification is needed.

It was sarcasm. EDIT: see this has already been resolved...
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

aycxmfu9joig.png
    Or this little thing that tells you the round, phase and time remaining whenever you click on the Arena Table.
    azopa6jl0gq6.png

OP:

3y2erm.jpg
  • Options
    Jayngo wrote: »
    I missed round 2 as well, but basically because I'm too busy for this game lately because of life and I also got dropped to Aurodium 3 as well. Cool deal CG!

i dont understand

you want cg to keep giving you better rewards for not playing?
    hello