GAC Lock

thomssi
526 posts Member
edited April 2022
Since GAC matchmaking is now based (entirely?) on skill level, why not allow upgrades DURING a GAC round.

Previously locking made sense. Matchmaking was based on a portion of GP so if it changed then opponents may have. This is no longer the case, changes do not affect skill score. Even mods could be upgraded. The only thing that truly needs locking (and only during attack rounds) is mods to toons so you can't re-use the same super mods every battle and you now have the ability to lock them for GAC then change them outside. This would not need to stop upgrades (or even changing for new ones though that may be complicated), just swaps between toons.

I appreciate this may go against the grain a little for some but given the matchmaking approach is there a rational reason not to allow this?

Now at the top I put "entirely" in parentheses and a question mark as I believe that is the only thing, if not then ongoing locks may make more sense but assuming it is only skill score what do people think?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I'd be fine with it, as long you couldn't upgrade during the defense set period.

And you're correct, skill rating is the only factor.