7* all the toons or move to the next when at 6*? (NOT arena squad!)

OwexBaill
188 posts Member
edited April 2016
Hey folks!

I'm currently thinking of 7*ing a few toons or unlock new ones/save tokens (since credits and materials/gear is gonna be rare, the latter would be more likely, maybe get at least Teebo for tank challenge....).

My arena team is pretty much set, although I know the meta could (or better: WILL) shift, I'll probably stick to my 5, soon to be 7 toons with 7*.
So the question is if 7* heroes are needed for GW, challenges and missions. Or even for the new features that will come.

I know it depends, but what would you say?

7* all the toons or move to the next when at 6*? (NOT arena squad!) 41 votes

7* all the toons!
41%
effdashDarth_MangoGiranKenorSilleckMegadeth3700PetrozzaVastDeathNoSpoilJaquizz1616Luke6108MonxieBastilaDhanJediMasterSavageVictheHejiNjagramDarth_VladFireweed61 17 votes
No. for other purpose than arena, 6* is enough
48%
slmcmrElinadFAED_EmperorCastaspellaEllo_AstyEl_DuderinoCaptain_ReynoldsWildGruntYGBZogganDarksidecalls2meFinalGreyJediFalthorDismal_DocKobiMr_Backhand_SlapRhauzzzeIAmExceptionAlexoneShotgunWillie 20 votes
In GW, challenges and missions even 5* should do the trick
7%
OootiniLambModeratusImperialis 3 votes
other
2%
aerendhil 1 vote

Replies

• slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Make them 6* so you may use them if a buff lands or if you feel like using different teams in arena/gw/missions
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have any 7* star toon yet and i am doing fine in anything but arena. I feel the heat in arena though and that's why i am going to start 7*-ing soon.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    I don't have any 7* star toon yet and i am doing fine in anything but arena. I feel the heat in arena though and that's why i am going to start 7*-ing soon.

7* is not really that much important in arena for many characters. I only have Lumi and GS at 7* all others at 6* and some are even 5*. I don't have so any problem on offense but you might get picked more often because of your 5/6* toons.
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The caveat is that, I would gather the shards to 7* them, just not necessarily promote them unless I was either using in arena or planning on using in arena in the future (and had $1million not being used for a couple days).

That way, if something changes, you are ready to promote within 2 days worst case.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @slmcmr That's the thing. I mean characters like Daka or Poggle don't necessarily need 7*, (why would anyone attack poggle when he has a chance to dodge and you turn easy victory into loss), but attackers do need them. I see how other GS's perform at 7* compared to my 6* and there is a difference. I am starting to believe all attackers need 7* while other utility characters are fine at 6*. Plus, there's the fear factor, and 7* is definitely one.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Absolutely right :)
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Options
    slmcmr wrote: »
    7* is not really that much important in arena for many characters. I only have Lumi and GS at 7* all others at 6* and some are even 5*. I don't have so any problem on offense but you might get picked more often because of your 5/6* toons.

This is the crux of it. You will not be able to float your position very well since people will see you as low-hanging arena fruit.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    What is with all those 7* answers people? He said he has no problem and asks for suggestions to whether make others 7* or not. So you really think he needs all toons at 7* to finish gw or is there a reason behind your answers (serious question) cause i don't see any.
    Thanks
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @slmcmr No...i was only talking about attackers in arena. If you're only after GW i don't think you need a single 7*.
  • Options
    I thought I made it clear even in the title, that it's not about arena...
    Well, thanks for your answers anyway.
    Unlocking new toons is not really an option right now since I'm missing the resources in the long run.

So it's either spending on shards but not unlocking them/get them higher or just hoard.

Still hoping to get more variety in the GW and arena shipments in the future...
  • Options
    I like the idea of holding out the last star until I'm sure I want to commit to gearing them up too. I've got 12 now at 7 star, which is a pretty good place for me right now as I level to 80.
  • Options
    Not enough credits. I have several chars sitting at 250/65 shards (I.e., at 4* but enough shards for 7*).
    Just no need to promote and level them - it's more important to keep core chars maxed
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    other
    I 7* the easy ones (those with GW / Arena / Cantina shipment)
    then I choose a handfull that I want to see at 7* for synergies (Anakin, JC)
    The rest stays at 5* or 6*
    Post edited by aerendhil on
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    If they are in your teams to inflict damage 7* them, if they are there for a specific ability then don't worry too much about the last star.
  • Elinad
    179 posts Member
    Options
    I usually get heroes to 6*, so they are "almost there" if I need them on my primary team someday.
  • Options
    7* all the toons!
    Finish what you started
  • Options
    There are huge diminishing returns on getting that final star. It costs a lot of credits and resources, so you should be picky on who you see through to completion.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi