Proving Grounds

Replies

• Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    If she went to a node/store like RC did that would be better.

If she went to a StoreSlot like RC, & this Event, & a Hard Node, THAT would be better :)

Unless this store allows you to hit each of the tiers, Unlike Bounties, then, I'm still not seeing how newer players will ever really "catch up" to how fast Conquest Characters are coming out.
  • Options
    four a year doesnt seem fast
    hello
  • StarSon
    7487 posts Member
    Options

No, but if you can only pick one each month and you refresh once each time you're looking at 9 months for just one. A new user will never catch up at that rate.
  • Options
    I would think you’ll only be able to refresh 9 times. 19 times lets you unlock immediately, which seems unlikely.

Also the going rate for crystals is 600 for 5 CAT shards, so a refresh worth 20 could be 2,400. I doubt it’ll cost that much but expect a lot.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

No, but if you can only pick one each month and you refresh once each time you're looking at 9 months for just one. A new user will never catch up at that rate.

They can just refresh more.

KAM would take a brand new user several years to 7*, so I think 9 months even with just a single refresh isn’t that bad considering a conquest units power level.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    330 shards for a character, and AFTER 1 YEAR WAITING CG gives us 20 shards per month.

So, after a toon release, you can play with the character for free in 29 month!
    So 2 years and 5 month.

CG, stick your stuff you know where..

During the first 6 months of a conquest characters release,

360 shards are farmable for players

This is excluding the 20+ shards a month players can farm shards using conquest currency from release.

Maybe just get better at conquest? And if ur a new player who cant do conquest then maybe don’t expect to have every single overpowered character handed to you with minimal effort required.
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    330 shards for a character, and AFTER 1 YEAR WAITING CG gives us 20 shards per month.

So 2 years and 5 month.

This is excluding the 20+ shards a month players can farm shards using conquest currency from release.

Maybe just get better at conquest? And if ur a new player who cant do conquest then maybe don’t expect to have every single overpowered character handed to you with minimal effort required.

They also set the reqs for the event at R3 which is not easy for people to achieve a full team of in less than a year, especially as F2P.

This is just CG’s way of incentivizing people to try harder at conquest by forcing an 15-24 month farm for a character that’s been out for a year already. It’s either try hard in conquest, or enjoy the long slog farm.

Idk, the refreshes are gonna be high priced. No way it’s less than 999 crystals. No access for people who already have the toons in this event for minimal SSC is just trash.
  • StarSon
    7487 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I would think you’ll only be able to refresh 9 times. 19 times lets you unlock immediately, which seems unlikely.

Also the going rate for crystals is 600 for 5 CAT shards, so a refresh worth 20 could be 2,400. I doubt it’ll cost that much but expect a lot.

Oh, I was going off 80 crystals. Didn't realize hers were more.
    StarSon wrote: »

They can just refresh more.

KAM would take a brand new user several years to 7*, so I think 9 months even with just a single refresh isn’t that bad considering a conquest units power level.

Can they refresh more? In a world where they can only pick one each month, maybe they can only refresh once? All speculation at this point.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

So 2 years and 5 month.

They also set the reqs for the event at R3 which is not easy for people to achieve a full team of in less than a year, especially as F2P.

This is just CG’s way of incentivizing people to try harder at conquest by forcing an 15-24 month farm for a character that’s been out for a year already. It’s either try hard in conquest, or enjoy the long slog farm.

Idk, the refreshes are gonna be high priced. No way it’s less than 999 crystals. No access for people who already have the toons in this event for minimal SSC is just trash.

Yeah I think we just need to find out more details about the event first to be able to better see how difficult / exclusive CG wants to make these characters.
  • jrodfantastic
    65 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    There’s a 100+ comments and I’m obviously not going to be reading any/most of them. But this sounds similar to Galactic Bounties. Why not just release a Galactic Bounties 3, add a relic 3 minimum barrier to entry, and let it evolve as time progresses. Why overcomplicate it with locking players out?
  • Options
    for the true F2P that dont use crystals on conquest

Please dont start with this nonsense again

its not nonsense. if you are forced to use crystals to do something it is not F2P. this is the manipulative gambling trying to say something is free but its not. you must spend this to get this is the definition of pay 2 play. sure we get free crystals in the game for rewards but true F2P can never spend crystals on chars if they want to have gear for said chars. Galactic legends are a better more ethical grind than this garbage conquest to proving grounds manipulative system designed to spit on F2P. galactic legends have been nerfed by conquest chars. i got JMK and he isnt worth much without CAT. sure I can do some stuff with him but imo conquest was designed to stop F2P like me who was able to grind a GL from ever being able to use a GL effectively.

• Options

its not nonsense. if you are forced to use crystals to do something it is not F2P. this is the manipulative gambling trying to say something is free but its not. you must spend this to get this is the definition of pay 2 play. sure we get free crystals in the game for rewards but true F2P can never spend crystals on chars if they want to have gear for said chars. Galactic legends are a better more ethical grind than this garbage conquest to proving grounds manipulative system designed to spit on F2P. galactic legends have been nerfed by conquest chars. i got JMK and he isnt worth much without CAT. sure I can do some stuff with him but imo conquest was designed to stop F2P like me who was able to grind a GL from ever being able to use a GL effectively.

err... you must spend what to get what?
  • Options

By that logic any gear you buy with crystals or energy bought with crystals makes you (by your own definition) NOT f2p. It's a matter of resource management. The only way your argument works is if you never, ever spend a single crystal that you receive on anything. Stop trying to make this about f2p vs p2p - that's not what it's about.

If there's a down side here, it's that these characters seemingly won't get an energy node or shipment slot to farm them from - which isn't great imo. Spending crystals isn't required - but if you save them up you CAN use them to accelerate the process, which is consistent with nearly every other resource in the game, barring Omicron materials.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    i think at some point we will all have to acept that jjr doesnt understand what it means to be f2p

it also doesnt really matter
    hello
  • Options

Its amazing how wrong this post is. Crystals are a resource, however you choose to use them is what separates players. Using resources earned through gameplay to ease other aspects of the game in no way makes you not f2p, and there is no rational argument to support that. Plus, you are not required to spend crystals to play conquest. To max out hard mode, sure you need to refresh energy some but it is not prohibitive to f2p players.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

By your own definition you're not even f2p lol. Unless you managed to get JMK without using a single crystal on that path, but good luck trying that
  • Options

TRUE f2p can't
    Spend crystals on gear if they
    Want to farm new chars.
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options
    zatho wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Seems like a slap in the face to those who purchased crystal refreshes/conquest passes to get the character maxed the first time they came around. I get hooking up those without, but this seems to indicate that those whoa are at the 'tip of the spear' will never get to experience this game mode, nor the rewards. @Kyno any way we could bring this up to the devs? It doesn't seem like it would crash their game economy to allow us who've paid/used crystals to finish the conquest characters on release to still be able to play the game mode and earn a pittance of shard shop currency each month.

How is it a slap in the face when they stated over a year ago that they would make these toons farmable after a year

Imho because they announced a new game mode (and many players are waiting for new stuff) just to tell folks that they can't play it if they got the characters already. Even without rewards we would like to experience a new mode. Just like we can replay fights in journey guide after we completed them.

yeah but everyone would just say this doesnt count as new stuff

people just complain about everything

cant play? why not

can play? not good enough

with that said i would play the new thing for ssc but i also dont care if i cant

This. While I am bummed a new game mode comes and it equals no playtime for me, a new game mode with no rewards also equals no playtime for me.

And yes, I am sure it is also reskinned content. 5v5 turned based mechanics!
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options

TRUE f2p can't
    Want to farm new chars.

Please define what "TRUE f2p" means?
  • Ultra
    11551 posts Moderator
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

TRUE f2p can't
    Want to farm new chars.

Someone who doesn’t play
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »

TRUE f2p can't
    Want to farm new chars.

@JarJarRequissa.
    Others are smart enough to
    Just spend their crystals.
  • Options

It’s amusing seeing you use the word “ethical “ :lol:
  • Options

Well if all you are using is free in game currency then it’s still free to play. You are not paying any real money to advance or play the game.

Now if it’s either spend tens of thousands of hoarded crystals or pay money, then yes it’s considered pay to play.
  • Options
    using hoarded crystals is not pay to play

pay to play dont have to hoard
    hello
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Why is this even a conversation? If you don't PAY real money, you aren't PAY to play.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Why is this even a conversation? If you don't PAY real money, you aren't PAY to play.

some people feel a need to justify and feel good about why they decided not to grind for a character despite having the means to do so, rather than just admit that it was their own fault.

And yes, before someone attacks me for that take, I made the decision to not grind for CAT because I didn't want to. Its my fault for not having her yet. Excited for this event
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

the words we wasted were the pay we spent along the way
    hello
  • Options
    This....honestly, I have no opinion on this event bc I don't feel like we have enough information about it. They gave us the minimum, it feels like, and it's not terribly descriptive of what we can expect. Can use any r3 characters. If you have them you can't participate. It does seem like they could use this not exclusively for conquest characters in the future which...doesn't give me confidence.

However if my alt for example has no RC or CAT, do I have to choose btwn them? Can I do both? If I'm limited to X amount of refreshes, are those refreshes shared? So if I do, say, 3 on RC and the total allowed is 5 (arbitrary numbers here), would I only be able to do 2 on CAT? How much will refreshes cost? Do I need r3 pilots for ships to get conquest ship shards or will ground toons work?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Ftr, I’m 100% since the last marquis, iirc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11551 posts Moderator
    edited April 2022
    Options

I’m 100% f2p because I pay for gift cards and I buy stuff with virtual gift card money which is not real money

Checkmate atheists